Scottish Game Toxic

An easy way to tell is the treatment of Morelos. The majority of our media and pundits are actively trying to drive out Scotlands most promising player, tells you all you need to know. In any other country this man is worshipped not in our hating cesspit country.
100% correct

they are bigoted mentally challengeds they don’t realise what they are stirring up in the schemes and towns

Absolutely no doubt OP. We had the worst display of sectarian hatred in BRITISH football on display just a few years ago at the Chamber of Secrets with effigies of an Orangeman and a Rangers fan being lynched from the stands. There was no major outcry in the McNatzi MSM about this outrage. None. What was the main headline? Gers fans smashed the toilets at Savile Row!!!

Nationalism is 100% to blame
The issue there is people say football has nothing do to with religion and politics which is true to an extent, up here however all 3 disgustingly intertwine. The reason our songbook was cleaned up was due to this cross referencing between the 3 of them. If the snp weren't in power and so republican minded no one would give a %^*& about what we sing. We are targeted because we are a protestant British club and that's the only reason.

Social media is to blame, previously all the tinfoil hats were on their own in their back bedrooms writing letters in green ink, noo they are all connected and causing chaos!

SNP

Are republicans end of

and if we don’t stand up to them and fight our cause it will get even worse

I honestly can see it as bad as Ulster in the 70s if it’s not nipped in the bud
This is where we are heading. Still can't believe nobody condemned the stinking words of John Mason the other week. Anybody who still believes there wasn't something far more untoward than we allowed ourselves even to comprehend went on behind the scenes. Marginalising the voice of the support of the Quintessential British Club in Scotland coinciding with the drive for a referendum was no accident

Absolutely no doubt OP. We had the worst display of sectarian hatred in BRITISH football on display just a few years ago at the Chamber of Secrets with effigies of an Orangeman and a Rangers fan being lynched from the stands. There was no major outcry in the McNatzi MSM about this outrage. None. What was the main headline? Gers fans smashed the toilets at Savile Row!!!
To be 100% honest I though the hibs fans attack on our team and fans at the SC final outweighed that.
However that was poor form also

As others have said, SNP giving plastic paddies a voice and pandering for votes has fùcked not only football, but the country. I really cannot see how the poison that the referendum installed can be removed.

On another forum I lurk on (local town forum) my signature is W.A.T.P
I had someone right out say my opinion was not valid as I was a racist bigot.
I obviously challenged the person on it and they claimed the slogad had racial undertones.
Once I pointed out the biblical history to it and the wide use by speech-makers and songwriters over the years they just refuse to apologise or even acknowledge their ignorance.
That winds me right up
Well done for pointing uneducated people in the correct direction, people love to misconstrued our slogans and sayings etc and warp them into something they find offensive.

We have a football association That’s allowed itself to be intimidated by yahoo bloggers and fans to the detriment of the game overall.

Just under 98% of Celtic shareholders voted against resolution 12 that should have seen the end of the farce but the SFA are just so terrified of what some cross dressing yahoo blog writer might say that they can’t drop the matter.

Scottish football rather than working collectively for the benefit of the game is about two things now.

1. Trying to punish Rangers for something/anything.

2. Trying to help that mob from the east end gain CL income by any means necessary. Even a number of neutral board members of other clubs have voiced the opinion the Liewell and not the people supposed to be running the game are in charge.

Definitely toxic and I think it's all our fault!!
Wait for it......coz the majority of other teams and their support wanted us dead and they didn't get their wish. They hate us and all we stand for.
Also as we get better the more toxic it has become, great isn't it just knowing we mean that much to everyone,?

The events of 2012 & how they were reported have been a big factor.

Football Journalists who knew sweet FA about Tax & Business Law suddenly became experts overnight. Journalistic Impartiality went out the window as these journos allowed their personal feelings to get in the way of reporting facts.

Certain journos who despise our club & play to the internet morons with the "new club" fantasy who are becoming more vocal as we take further steps forward. Then we had the 2 year lead up to the 2014 Indyref almost directly after our problems where we have been further demonised since.

Scottish Football, like Scotland is goosed.

We are in the most corrupt set up in world football. One team must win everything, all of the time and the officials and authorities are there to facilitate the corruption aided and abetted by a totally one sided media.

Tail wagging the dog should be Scotland’s motto!

absolutely never seen the like before, Walters got the bananas thrown at him but I dont remember the media going after him like they do Alfredo
Its horrible mate. Likewise in my 30 years I haven't seen it like this before. It does annoy me to be honest. Especially when TV and radio just go on seemingly endless tangents putting Alfie down as much as possible at every given opportunity. English media Big up their talents we shove ours out.

After 2012 a lot of smaller club fans seemed to have got way above their station as well. We were at the top for so long that they all felt the need to kick us when we were down. Now for some reason they still see us on equal footing and a fair amount seem to have went full blown Sevco.

Too many Scottish football fans hate us more than they love their own team. For me, that's the biggest issue.

Edit: You can also see the narrative changing as well. The scum won a cup against us with an offside goal and got a handball goal against us and BARELY anything has been said - swiftly brushed under the carpet and 3 weeks of moaning about gestures when we've pumped them the last 2 games. When 55 arrives they will drag out all the excuses about referees. It's on all of us, even in victory, to make sure that absolutely no one forgets the "refereeing mistakes" that have happened this year.

Indedd they all went with the £80 or up to £120 million rhetoric when it was spouted.
Now the dust has settled though and we see the actual bill being a fraction of this there is little or no noise about it.
We were played like puppets through that whole sorry mess with false reporting, leaks and hugely inflated figures.

See this myth that a large portion of Rangers fans voted snp and support breaking the union... where does it come from because I have never met a Nat Bear??
Nats thread in the lounge,attached online poll will tell you all you need to know

So other than roll over and die.
Is there anything that we could (or should) do as a support to try and improve things.
I honestly dont think there is, I hate them as much as they hate us.
Only other teams in the country I have any sort of time for are Ross County and Inverness Caley Thistle, purely because they are geographically the closest to me and reasonably well run.

So other than roll over and die.
Is there anything that we could (or should) do as a support to try and improve things.
I honestly dont think there is, I hate them as much as they hate us.
Only other teams in the country I have any sort of time for are Ross County and Inverness Caley Thistle, purely because they are geographically the closest to me and reasonably well run.
Yeah head to hampden and manhandle Liewell from his post,then we will get somewhere

It’s a Scottish thing, driven by our political leadership to drive a wedge between everyone and everything unless you agree with them. Are there people out there who still don’t see that?

Most Celtic fans I know come across as bitter rather than be able to have a bit of banter, there is more hatred in the game than at any time I can remember, I think it comes from perceived unfairness in the game nowadays with the likes of the SFA/SNP running things and the media unable to do their jobs fairly, being silent on certain things and more vocal on others when it's the big bad Rangers, it is all corrupt and inflames everything out of proportion add to that the useful idiots like Hartson, Sutton, Stewart to name just a few they all get them fired up about situations that do not exist like Kent & Morelos's gestures the most recent example, perfectly normal gestures in any other league but here in Scotland it's misreported by all as being sinister and they all fall for it hence the bitterness.

Last edited:
Its definitely more petty. Three weeks of news reports and fallout from hand gestures.

In the 80's going to OF games, it was normal to go to the match dodging bottles and bricks and it was just part of the day out.
I remember the 31 bus coming back from Hampden to Castlemilk after Celtic games was routinely stoned / bottled at the valley in the 70’s-80’s. If you took the bus you knew you had to duck at that stop or pile off if you were up for a fight.

Social media and Nationalism must shoulder a large share of the blame. Though many Scots suffer from an inferiority complex and self loathing wee man syndrome.

No.

We now have saturation media coverage and 24 hour social media. Previously, you had 25 minutes a week phone-in on Super Scoreboard and the weekly letters page of the Evening Times. You're simply more aware of how many lunatics there are out there.

Everyone has to have a bogey man and unfortunately due to Liewell and his lickspittles in the mhedia Rangers are het! The toxicity from that club spreads its way through other member clubs and dribbles on to us. Until we get back to our rightful place that will continue.

Decades long campaign to make us the bogeyman of Scottish football, all this "hyms of hate " pish almost paid of for the mentally challengeds and no one does the long game like the mentally challengeds :mad:

Everyone has to have a bogey man and unfortunately due to Liewell and his lickspittles in the mhedia Rangers are het! The toxicity from that club spreads its way through other member clubs and dribbles on to us. Until we get back to our rightful place that will continue.
and you think that things will settle when we are winning the league again?
I dont, I think it will be exaggerated further.
Maybe if we go on a 4 or 5 year league and cup double or treble run then they might begin to silence.

No-one has anything good to say about our game its a constant stream of negativity and toxicity. Little wonder our TV rights are worth a pittance.

The rise in toxicity probably runs parralel with the rise in the Snp Rangers perceived as z as unionist club were slowly demonised then their fawning of labours core vote etc polarised it so you have the heady mix of religion politics nationalism and now racism

Back