Official Season 2023/24 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Need to use a different browser to get it full screen on Mac - Opera does it for me.
That's interesting. I don't have a Mac but I've had the full screen issue on the iPad and iPhone and so tried a different browser - but still couldn't go full screen.

RangersTV support just fobbed me off with a 'passed it to our tech team' email.

That's interesting. I don't have a Mac but I've had the full screen issue on the iPad and iPhone and so tried a different browser - but still couldn't go full screen.

RangersTV support just fobbed me off with a 'passed it to our tech team' email.
A few of the browsers share the same rendering engine so will behave the same way, especially on iOS. Opera and Chrome both go full screen on Mac - just confirmed there even though Safari fails. Try a few different browsers on iOS, there will be one or two that work full screen.

A few of the browsers share the same rendering engine so will behave the same way, especially on iOS. Opera and Chrome both go full screen on Mac - just confirmed there even though Safari fails. Try a few different browsers on iOS, there will be one or two that work full screen.
Thanks for the info mate, hopefully helps some. I did try Chrome on the iPad but with no joy but might give something else a go. I don't use the iPad for matches often but, nevertheless, you want it to work when you do.

Does anyone know if the cup final with be replayed on RTV later in the evening tomorrow?
Anyone know?????????????
As per Valley above, the game is live on RTV outside of UK so should be able to watch the whole game again, anytime after that if you are outside UK or using a VPN to appear outside. Highlights and extended highlights take longer to appear as they need to be edited first.

As per Valley above, the game is live on RTV outside of UK so should be able to watch the whole game again, anytime after that if you are outside UK or using a VPN to appear outside. Highlights and extended highlights take longer to appear as they need to be edited first.
No panicking or anything, but with my VPN on when I click the Watch Live link it only shows the pre-match interviews. Will that change towards kick-off time?

No panicking or anything, but with my VPN on when I click the Watch Live link it only shows the pre-match interviews. Will that change towards kick-off time?
You sure you are clicking on Watch Live and not the '4 videos' bit beneath it? Clicking on Watch Live will take you to the video player. Hit the arrow to play and you get to the placeholder screen with the club crests.

If you still have problems then refresh. If they persist then logout, clear cache/cookies and try again.

Pain in the arse that RangersTV, unusually, don't have a countdown timer to indicate when live coverage will start. Just the placeholder screen.

I blame ViaPlay.:)

EDIT: They do now - 1440hrs.

You sure you are clicking on Watch Live and not the '4 videos' bit beneath it? Clicking on Watch Live will take you to the video player. Hit the arrow to play and you get to the placeholder screen with the club crests.

If you still have problems then refresh. If they persist then logout, clear cache/cookies and try again.
Yes, I'd done everything right, was maybe just too early. It's now going to the placeholder screen.

Thanks and a merry Christmas to you and yours.

See the OP. Wednesday night’s game against St Johnstone will be available on PPV within the UK. Our fourth (of the permitted five) this season.

See the OP. Wednesday night’s game against Ross County will be available on PPV within the UK. Our fifth (of the permitted five) this season.

Does anyone know if you can sideload the RangersTV app onto an AppleTV box?
I’ve no idea mate. Can you sideload ANYTHING onto an AppleTV box? Pretty sure Apple tend to have their stuff locked down.

Is the App Store for AppleTV different to that for the iPhone andiPad? RangersTV App is obviously in the App Store for the latter so if they share the same App Store then it might be available on AppleTV. App Store only available for 4th Gen AppleTV right enough, so snookered if you have older model.

EDIT: for some reason the Rangers FC and RangersTV apps don’t come up on an App Store search via iPad or iPhone for me today. Though both still work. Bizarre.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can sideload the RangersTV app onto an AppleTV box?
My instinct says no, sorry.

I have thought about it before and couldn’t find a way to get RTV on the AppleTV box. I thought about getting a browser on there but gave up.

A browser might be your best chance but let’s face it Apple TV won’t be the best or easiest browser experience.

I’ll also add my opinion that the app on iOS is crap, so even if you could get it on Apple TV box, it would be dodgy at best. If they can’t make a good iOS app, what chance does an AppleTV app have?

Personally, I use a browser on an iPad with this to the telly. Works every time.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter

Last edited:

I have thought about it before and couldn’t find a way to get RTV on the AppleTV box. I thought about getting a browser on there but gave up.

A browser might be your best chance but let’s face it Apple TV won’t be the best or easiest browser experience.

I’ll also add my opinion that the app on iOS is crap, so even if you could get it on Apple TV box, it would be dodgy at best. If they can’t make a good iOS app, what chance does an AppleTV app have?

Personally, I use a browser on an iPad with this to the telly. Works every time.

I still have issues with expanding the RangersTV video window (on both iPad and iPhone) to full screen - regardless of which browser I use. Do you have that issue also?

The Rangers TV app is honestly best avoided imho. Now Apple have added VPN support to the Apple TV, it would probably be the best streaming device for watching games if they would only add browser support. Very frustrating and is the reason why I continue with Amazon Fire TV for this purpose.

I still have issues with expanding the RangersTV video window (on both iPad and iPhone) to full screen - regardless of which browser I use. Do you have that issue also?
It’s full screen, but not as we know it.

In any browser, doesn’t matter what one, if you click full screen when it’s playing, it will pause the stream, and go to, what I’d describe as full screen resolution, within the web page. I can scroll the page and see the address bar all while the picture is in that full width format.

Normally it sets itself to display at the correct position, and I don’t need to do anything other than press play and adjust the zoom setting on my TV.

It is a slight pain but when it’s set up, takes less than 10 seconds to get it right, it’s perfect on my telly.

It’s full screen, but not as we know it.

In any browser, doesn’t matter what one, if you click full screen when it’s playing, it will pause the stream, and go to, what I’d describe as full screen resolution, within the web page. I can scroll the page and see the address bar all while the picture is in that full width format.

Normally it sets itself to display at the correct position, and I don’t need to do anything other than press play and adjust the zoom setting on my TV.

It is a slight pain but when it’s set up, takes less than 10 seconds to get it right, it’s perfect on my telly.
Yeah I get what you say and that is what used to happen on my iphone/ipad. However, for a good while now if I click on the arrows to go Full Screen absolutely nothing happens. There's no pause, there is absolutely no enlarging of the existing window. The 'click', effectively, does nothing. Works fine on my Windows desktop, so I'm convinced its related to the Apple operating systems.

Yeah I get what you say and that is what used to happen on my iphone/ipad. However, for a good while now if I click on the arrows to go Full Screen absolutely nothing happens. There's no pause, there is absolutely no enlarging of the existing window. The 'click', effectively, does nothing.
I think that happens on Safari for me now, but Brave browser is the one I use now and I go through the same 10 second palaver each time but get the result I described.

I find the quality of RTV highlights/away days etc extremely poor when Chromecasting.

TV and internet connection should allow significantly better quality. Sending it from a pixel 8 to a Sony Bravia with inbuilt chromecast.

Any thoughts?

I find the quality of RTV highlights/away days etc extremely poor when Chromecasting.

TV and internet connection should allow significantly better quality. Sending it from a pixel 8 to a Sony Bravia with inbuilt chromecast.

Any thoughts?
I assume you are playing them via the website rather than the very poor App? If so, then it has to be either a Chromecast issue or wifi issue at your end mate. The quality of playback via desktop/laptop, iPad and iPhone for me is absolutely fine (after that initial second or two whilst it settles down).

Not a lot of good to you, I know.

I’ve no idea mate. Can you sideload ANYTHING onto an AppleTV box? Pretty sure Apple tend to have their stuff locked down.

Is the App Store for AppleTV different to that for the iPhone andiPad? RangersTV App is obviously in the App Store for the latter so if they share the same App Store then it might be available on AppleTV. App Store only available for 4th Gen AppleTV right enough, so snookered if you have older model.

EDIT: for some reason the Rangers FC and RangersTV apps don’t come up on an App Store search via iPad or iPhone for me today. Though both still work. Bizarre.

Thanks lads. I thought that would be the case but wanted to ask anyway. AppleTV doesn't even seen to come with a browser these days.

We've been using a Firestick at our RSC, but the WiFi hasn't been too reliable recently so we're looking at other options. Thanks.

Edited my post as half of it was missing. Not sure what happened there. :D

Last edited:
I assume you are playing them via the website rather than the very poor App? If so, then it has to be either a Chromecast issue or wifi issue at your end mate. The quality of playback via desktop/laptop, iPad and iPhone for me is absolutely fine (after that initial second or two whilst it settles down).

Not a lot of good to you, I know.
No it's good to know that it's something that can be resolved. I binned the app so use chrome.

Will try from a laptop and different browser.

Playback reminds me of 1999 video quality!

No it's good to know that it's something that can be resolved. I binned the app so use chrome.

Will try from a laptop and different browser.

Playback reminds me of 1999 video quality!
That's nuts, and not typical of what I see. Only time I get really poor quality is on the Full Match replay in the first 24 hours or so after a match, when its awful. Thereafter its fine. The actual videos, such as Away Days, are always in decent quality right from time of upload.

Good Luck.

My piece of advice is not to oversleep on game day and to check the game is actually on before spending ages refreshing your browser and logging out/in multiple times wondering why it says Rangers v Ross County but doesn't have a watch now button. lol.

My piece of advice is not to oversleep on game day and to check the game is actually on before spending ages refreshing your browser and logging out/in multiple times wondering why it says Rangers v Ross County but doesn't have a watch now button. lol.
Brilliant mate.:)) Better luck tomorrow.

I couldn't attend the game and bought it on RTV, but will no doubt be available to attend when rescheduled. So £9,99 wasted.

Thanks VB.
Given it will be available in UK, if you trust one of your friends or family with your login details you could ‘gift’ them the opportunity to watch the game. Chance for a wee one who can’t make it along to view it, perhaps?

Gordon Smith is really, really dire.
I shouldn't be paying good money and have to be subjected to that level of commentary and co commentary.
No insight. No tactical nous. Nothing positive.
And I don't want to hear "bagatelle" crammed in to every, single, game.
Terrible, terrible commentary on a day where everything was just a little bit shite.

@Valley Bluenose

Kilmarnock is showing as UK PPV - that would make now 5 out 5

Missed it again Al, good spot. I shall be seeing the New Year in with Covid, tested positive today, so I’ve not been keeping up.

Given the time of year it makes sense. However, it does raise the question of what will now happen for those who paid for Ross County game, which I assume they will no longer be able to show. Interesting to see what they do.

Missed it again Al, good spot. I shall be seeing the New Year in with Covid, tested positive today, so I’ve not been keeping up.

Given the time of year it makes sense. However, it does raise the question of what will now happen for those who paid for Ross County game, which I assume they will no longer be able to show. Interesting to see what they do.
Not good for you personally

Yeah it does regarding Ross County game when ever it is

I paid for the Ross County game last week,I thought I would have got word by now to see what happens,do I get a refund or will I get to watch the Killie game in its place.?

I paid for the Ross County game last week,I thought I would have got word by now to see what happens,do I get a refund or will I get to watch the Killie game in its place.?
I emailed RTV and ive not yet received a reply however, this could be because of the holidays.

Nobody knows. It could be that Rangers have been given permission to show one more match than usual or, more likely IMHO, they’ve bought some time by deciding to show this game in order to get income in and will advise on what they propose to do about the Ross County game later in the month.

I‘d say the least likely option is that your Ross County purchase would cover the Kilmarnock game. That simply introduces a new raft of issues for those whom that doesn’t suit.

Getting ferry bck on 20th. It is a maritime international internet that needs to be paid for I assume as not in UK RTV will work?

Getting ferry bck on 20th. It is a maritime international internet that needs to be paid for I assume as not in UK RTV will work?
that will depend what network the ferry is connecting to as its service provider and the IP ranges they have

Where are you getting the ferry back from? if its a UK based ferry then I suspect they will be using UK IP addresses so RTV will not work.

Just had a message from Rangers saying that the money for Ross County game has been refunded and will show in my bank account within seven days
Thanks for posting that info. No doubt some will have missed their email due to Junk folders etc. Given they switched to the Killie game I thought this was always the most likely outcome.

Looks like they’ve changed tack and today’s game v Hertha will ONLY be shown on the YouTube channel. RangersTV Home page has a link to YouTube but nothing on today’s game, only showing Copenhagen.

that will depend what network the ferry is connecting to as its service provider and the IP ranges they have

Where are you getting the ferry back from? if its a UK based ferry then I suspect they will be using UK IP addresses so RTV will not work.
Brittany French ferry firm can get Bet 365 but not Skybet or tote still nothing up on RTV

Back