Official Season 2023/24 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Brittany French ferry firm can get Bet 365 but not Skybet or tote still nothing up on RTV
If they are getting bet365 and skybet it sounds like they using uk ipaddress from a uk.provider.

The 9.99 3 day unlimited pass has been available all afternoon on a non uk ip. Try whatsmyip and see what it says

Spoke too soon. Clicked on Watch Live and there was no live feed. Just took me the the prerecorded videos that were already there.

Is it true that once your stream is on you can switch the VPN off? Thanks
In my experience that has been the case for every game so far this season. That could change, of course, but no sign of it so far.

Be aware that if you have to Refresh the screen for any reason you will need to switch on the VPN again before you do so.

Can I mirror the game from an I phone/I pad to tv?and do I enter my own address details I’m in Belgium today

Can I mirror the game from an I phone/I pad to tv?and do I enter my own address details I’m in Belgium today
With regards to the purchase, just use your usual UK bank card. Either with your VPN on and set to Belgium or in the normal way if you actually are in Belgium (it’s not clear).

Regards mirroring I think that still works, some have had issues with casting though. Might need a third party app to mirror, depends on your tv.

Unless you’ve fixed it a bigger issue might be that on iPhone and iPad when I click to go full screen it doesn’t work, and remains in the smaller screen. Very frustrating

My mates in tenerife and is asking if he can pay to watch the game on rangerstv tomorrow? I'm assuming so but information is hard to come by on the site and social media for it.

My mates in tenerife and is asking if he can pay to watch the game on rangerstv tomorrow? I'm assuming so but information is hard to come by on the site and social media for it.
Tell him to read the OP in this thread. The info is all there, including link to purchase.

If he’s on a mobile phone tell him to turn off mobile data, clear cache/cookies and use local Wi-Fi. If he’s on a laptop just clear cache/cookies and use Wi-Fi.

Remind him, do NOT login before trying to make the purchase. The buying process takes you through login.

Tell him to read the OP in this thread. The info is all there, including link to purchase.

If he’s on a mobile phone tell him to turn off mobile data, clear cache/cookies and use local Wi-Fi. If he’s on a laptop just clear cache/cookies and use Wi-Fi.

Remind him, do NOT login before trying to make the purchase. The buying process takes you through login.

That's great, thank you.

3 day unlimited pass showing for those outside of the UK for Ross County on Wednesday

Nothing showing yet if club plan to have PPV inside the UK
Aye, todays weekly update from Rangers only mentions availability outside UK as well, so it doesn’t look like it will be one of our 7 we can show in the UK (already used 5).

Aye, todays weekly update from Rangers only mentions availability outside UK as well, so it doesn’t look like it will be one of our 7 we can show in the UK (already used 5).
Realistic the only game would Hibs subject to Sky selections as can't see Motherwell been selected as i think we would know by now

I'll be out the country (genuinely) on Saturday and have a couple of questions:

1. Will I be able to buy the game on RTV on PPV?

2. I'll probably be busy when the game is on but would like to watch a rerun of the full thing when I get back to the hotel at night. If PPV is available, is it only possible to watch it live or can you log in later and watch it back?

Thanks

2. I'll probably be busy when the game is on but would like to watch a rerun of the full thing when I get back to the hotel at night. If PPV is available, is it only possible to watch it live or can you log in later and watch it back?

Thanks

It'll be available as PPV outside the UK for sure. It will (or should) be a three day pass that you buy rather than just the game on its own, so that should cover watching a rerun of the full game that night.

The only thing that tends to be inconsistent is when the full game becomes available but it'll hopefully be quite soon after it's finished.

It'll be available as PPV outside the UK for sure. It will (or should) be a three day pass that you buy rather than just the game on its own, so that should cover watching a rerun of the full game that night.

The only thing that tends to be inconsistent is when the full game becomes available but it'll hopefully be quite soon after it's finished.
That sounds ideal. Many thanks mate.

Thanks
Yes, to your first question.

On the second, it might well depend how long after the game finishes that you try to view it. For those overseas, or with a VPN, I’ve often found you can go to the RTV Latest section and the full transmission is available right after the match. You need to scroll forward using the bottom slider to skip the pre-match stuff though.

As @Japandroid said though, it can be a bit hit and miss. It’s sometimes there immediately, disappears for an hour or two, and then returns. It’s not like the UK though, where you might have to wait until midnight for a poor resolution version.

Last edited:

On the second, it might well depend how long after the game finishes that you try to view it. For those overseas, or with a VPN, I’ve often found you can go to the RTV Latest section and the full transmission is available right after the match. You need to scroll forward using the bottom slider to skip the pre-match stuff though.

As @Japandroid said though, it can be a bit hit and miss. It’s sometimes there immediately, disappears for an hour or two, and then returns. It’s not like the UK though, where you might have to wait until midnight for a poor resolution version though.
Cheers VB, very helpful. I'm happy to take the chance in the hope it's available come the evening. Thanks

Cheers VB, very helpful. I'm happy to take the chance in the hope it's available come the evening. Thanks
Final point I forgot. If watching in a mobile device, such as a phone, switch off mobile data and use local Wi-Fi. Phones sometimes ‘hang on’ to UK details.

Can someone give me idiot proof advice for purchasing RTV on Google Pixel ,and steps to watching the game on Saturday with a VPN.

As @Japandroid said though, it can be a bit hit and miss. It’s sometimes there immediately, disappears for an hour or two, and then returns. It’s not like the UK though, where you might have to wait until midnight for a poor resolution version.
My problem is, that when I can't watch the game live, I log in to Rangers TV around 4 pm (California - 8 hours diff.) I then try to watch the game back 'as live, but I cannot get to click on the watch game button, because of the banner at the bottom advertising other videos. I am an unlimited subscriber using Amazon Silk. Thanks.

Can someone give me idiot proof advice for purchasing RTV on Google Pixel ,and steps to watching the game on Saturday with a VPN.
Read the OP. Everything should be in there, with some additional tips in post #2. If struggling come back and let us know on which particular point.

Last edited:
Back