Season Tickets 24/25 and Mygers discussion - no updates

Every home game inc cups and friendlies + ordering the programme online. Done the Euro aways in the summer as well. Takes into account the 20 points for renewal for next season and the two post split home games too. How many points are you on?
I’m on 380 odd upto now

For this season

95 points for 19 league games
20 my gers renewal
20 friendlies
45 for all non league games
25 rangers TV

205 total is most I’ll get from this season.

The entire industry of football has an element of profiteering and being over priced and paid.

It’s paying to watch people kick a bag of wind about.
Be great if we, as a Club, actually made a profit. Just a few million would be nice, nothing too extravagant.

I asked who is profiteering at Rangers.
I realise I’m going off at a tangent here but Rangers do profiteer when it comes to ticketing

They use standard seating tickets for offsite hospitality when it suits them and sell the packages for a premium. That is profiteering.

I don’t agree with the term profiteering in relation to season tickets right enough

I realise I’m going off at a tangent here but Rangers do profiteer when it comes to ticketing

They use standard seating tickets for offsite hospitality when it suits them and sell the packages for a premium. That is profiteering.

I don’t agree with the term profiteering in relation to season tickets right enough
We literally make a loss or hardly any profit each season.

Nobody who runs the club is a profiteer.

We literally make a loss or hardly any profit each season.

Nobody who runs the club is a profiteer.
Their intention when selling off standard tickets tickets to use as offsite hospitality is to make as much money as possible for those seats. Yes or no?

Whether or not the club makes a profit overall at the end of the season is irrelevant to their intentions

It is a choice

It’s also possible people can go, pay, but still find increases fucking annoying and profiteering.
Profiteering would suggest that the club is turning a profit, which it doesn’t.

The cold hard fact is that we demand a competitive side, which costs money. If the club was to reduce or maintain ST prices at a ‘fair’ level for the product on offer in Scotland, then we’d see a reduction in the quality of the squad.

It might be fanciful, but we aren’t customers. We are stakeholders. We have an emotional investment in the club and it’s not a simple transaction of us paying for a service. If the money doesn’t come from the fans, then it doesn’t come from anywhere. Unfortunately, that’ll mean that it becomes unaffordable for a minority and although it’s a shame, there will be someone else on the waiting list willing to pay the asking price.

in the benfica match day programme, Bisgrove says season ticket renewals will be launched in March , so some time next week if not before

Their intention when selling off standard tickets tickets to use as offsite hospitality is to make as much money as possible for those seats. Yes or no?

Whether or not the club makes a profit overall at the end of the season is irrelevant to their intentions
To be a profiteer you’ve got to take profit.

Nobody at the club has done that.

Rangers get enough money from fans currently but if we win the league then I will happily pay an increase to help us improve the squad for Europe.

Failure to win the league then no. They can't expect more money from us if they aren't giving us a return of success.

Failing to win the league against the worst Celtic team in years would be a disaster from the board. They appointed a clown PE teacher last season so its on them not Clement.

Hopefully they give plenty of time to pay
Won't help this season but a few years ago I started using moneybox app. There's 90 and 45 day withdrawal savings accounts. I shove 15 quid a week in front me and my sons and just make sure the withdrawal is made in time for beginning of May.

Even gain a few quid over the year rather than paying out interest. As said won't help this season but worth thinking about. Especially for folk like me who raid savings accounts the long withdrawal period stops you from doing that.

The entire industry of football has an element of profiteering and being over priced and paid.

It’s paying to watch people kick a bag of wind about.
How can Rangers profiteer when the business doesn’t turn a profit?!!! The industry at large makes a loss because of the excessive wages it pays the players.

Rangers get enough money from fans currently but if we win the league then I will happily pay an increase to help us improve the squad for Europe.

Failure to win the league then no. They can't expect more money from us if they aren't giving us a return of success.

Failing to win the league against the worst Celtic team in years would be a disaster from the board. They appointed a clown PE teacher last season so it’s on them not Clement.
This is such a bizarre outlook. You’re basing your willingness to support future investment on a tight title race which could hinge on one result, a referring error or an individual mistake.

Would it really be on the board at this stage though? The current position is we have a trophy in the bag, a 2 point lead (based on same amount of games played) and we have 2 Old firm games to play. The manager got major investment for a January window with more of the summer budget front loaded.

You cant claim that our manager is working miracles with the ‘PE teachers’ squad, whilst declaring that it’s the worst Celtic team in years. It sounds like you’re hedging depending on the outcome. The fact is that both budgets are broadly similar, both sides have good management and the players are comparable. It’s fine margins.

This is such a bizarre outlook. You’re basing your willingness to support future investment on a tight title race which could hinge on one result, a referring error or an individual mistake.

Would it really be on the board at this stage though? The current position is we have a trophy in the bag, a 2 point lead (based on same amount of games played) and we have 2 Old firm games to play. The manager got major investment for a January window with more of the summer budget front loaded.

You cant claim that our manager is working miracles with the ‘PE teachers’ squad, whilst declaring that it’s the worst Celtic team in years. It sounds like you’re hedging depending on the outcome. The fact is that both budgets are broadly similar, both sides have good management and the players are comparable. It’s fine margins.

Not sure I would class January as major investment, was it not all loans

I'm now on a position where my kids are old enough and would be keen enough to go every week...and I'd like an adult and two child season tickets...

What chance have I got?
As in seats together? Virtually none. Unless the relocation of UBs throws up something unexpected with folk not wanting to move to their old area.

Join MyGers, buy as many games as you can and build up MyGers points for each of you. And, one day...

Think 5% increase in STs is acceptable. We moan about not being able to compete financially so we need to support the club. Having said that they need to do better in negotiations and not allow passengers to be retained. Why Beale was allowed to retain Jack I'll never know.

It’s tough to swallow increases in the current climate when we see the amount of money being wasted on Davies, Matondo, Lammers and - unfortunately - many others.

Stop doing that and we’ll likely compete better.

I know that’s a flippant comment but something will have to give. A few words on the loyalty of the support from the Board only goes so far.

I dread to think what they’ll try for the CL 4- game package.

I wonder what the cut off points total will be for those on the ST waiting list? I started the season on 227 points and should finish the season on 527 or there about after MyGers renewal. Know the cut off last year was 403, so hopefully I've done enough to make the cut. Done every home game this year so fingers crossed.
Thats some effort. Hope it works out for you!

For once, I am in a nice position of knowing I have no ST price increase coming my way, due to moving to the cantaliever.

Season ticket I can see a 5% increase but they have to be careful at the same time not increase it too much

Despite the issues around MyGers I believe it is correctly priced and there shouldn't be any increase on it at any time

Not surprised you couldn't answer my question.
Alright then

With MyGers you’re paying to have the opportunity to buy tickets. Opportunities that are getting less and less with away allocations being reduced.

There is no reason to up the cost of it. If it is then it’s the club once again taking advantage of a support that they know will pay to follow the team.

It's a sad fact of life that the cost of living increases year on year and it affects football clubs the same as the rest of us.
Much as I'd like my ST cost to remain the same, I think a 5% increase would be reasonable and acceptable.

Back