Seat transfer email out

Sent my final email plea to the ticket centre this morning for them to consider my transfer request and questioned why this hasn’t been done before they started working through the new waiting list. I don’t think my request is overly challenging given the new tickets I’ve seen being allocated to folk on the waiting list, all of which are better than mine.
  • Pal and I want to move from SW5 to pretty much anywhere
  • Ideally as a pair as we sit together currently, but I recognise that this may be difficult so I’ve been clear that we’d also consider a move to separate seats in the same stand (not even same section)
  • Stated Govan, Main Stand, Copland and Enclosures as preferences. With Club Deck and Broomloan also considered. As I said, pretty much anywhere :)
I think this should be possible and all I’m really asking is that the ticket centre provide me with an option or options to consider before issuing more new tickets. Is this unreasonable? There seem to be many of us with a similar issue.

So after getting my seat transfer I’ve received an invoice for the new seat. Just had a call today to say they can’t use the money I’ve paid for my Bar72 seat. I’ve got to contact someone else for a refund on that while also being told that they can only reserve my new seat for so long. So despite paying £1400 they’re looking for another £700 odd from me right away. :mad:

So after getting my seat transfer I’ve received an invoice for the new seat. Just had a call today to say they can’t use the money I’ve paid for my Bar72 seat. I’ve got to contact someone else for a refund on that while also being told that they can only reserve my new seat for so long. So despite paying £1400 they’re looking for another £700 odd from me right away. :mad:

That's very poor. Should be a straight credit from the money you've already paid to cover your new seat with you then getting the difference as a refund.

Sent my final email plea to the ticket centre this morning for them to consider my transfer request and questioned why this hasn’t been done before they started working through the new waiting list. I don’t think my request is overly challenging given the new tickets I’ve seen being allocated to folk on the waiting list, all of which are better than mine.
  • Pal and I want to move from SW5 to pretty much anywhere
  • Ideally as a pair as we sit together currently, but I recognise that this may be difficult so I’ve been clear that we’d also consider a move to separate seats in the same stand (not even same section)
  • Stated Govan, Main Stand, Copland and Enclosures as preferences. With Club Deck and Broomloan also considered. As I said, pretty much anywhere :)
I think this should be possible and all I’m really asking is that the ticket centre provide me with an option or options to consider before issuing more new tickets. Is this unreasonable? There seem to be many of us with a similar issue.
I’ll follow up with my final plea later today, expect the generic email in return.

That is mental!

Don’t get why some are saying the got a move in basket when others like myself got an Email which we had to reply too ?

That’s really bad.

I moved out of Bar72 but didn’t have to renew it to get on the transfer list.

Received an offer of transfer from SE4 to BR4 with an additional seat for my daughter. Accepted the offer and paid for the daughters new ticket today.
I assume as I already pay for my seat on 4 monthly option this will continue as normal with the balance being adjusted?

Received an offer of transfer from SE4 to BR4 with an additional seat for my daughter. Accepted the offer and paid for the daughters new ticket today.
I assume as I already pay for my seat on 4 monthly option this will continue as normal with the balance being adjusted?

Just receive the offer today mate ?

The whole administration of anything to do with Bar72 is frustrating the hell out of me, that’s just ridiculous what they’re doing to you. What if you couldn’t lay your hands on another £700? Not everyone could.

I’m in the main stand and requested a move within it for me and my son. This was 3 years ago. I’m still on the waiting list.
The process is a shambles.

it certainly is. The club clearly don’t care about move requests. I know a guy who was on the waiting list for 5 years to get a move to row a of bar72 and never got one yet I went into the general sale 2 years ago and got one straight away much to his rightful annoyance

The whole administration of anything to do with Bar72 is frustrating the hell out of me, that’s just ridiculous what they’re doing to you. What if you couldn’t lay your hands on another £700? Not everyone could.
Everything about it has been handled terribly. I’m in the fortunate position where I have the money and can pay this but if I wasn’t I could end up without a transfer despite having coughed up enough to pay it twice over.

They clearly have no chronological process to prioritise anything. I was on the transfer waiting list last summer and now this summer. Nothing but holding pattern emails. Yet new season tickets are currently being sold to those on the waiting list all over the stadium :mad: It's a joke. Next summer my SW5 seat is definitely not getting renewed. I'll either rely on RTV with a VPN and/or add myself to the waiting list for a better seat. I should probably have done it this summer but thought that renewing was best because (1) I wanted the club to get the money in these challenging times and (2) I thought the chance of a transfer was higher. I won't be doing that again.

They clearly have no chronological process to prioritise anything. I was on the transfer waiting list last summer and now this summer. Nothing but holding pattern emails. Yet new season tickets are currently being sold to those on the waiting list all over the stadium :mad: It's a joke. Next summer my SW5 seat is definitely not getting renewed. I'll either rely on RTV with a VPN and/or add myself to the waiting list for a better seat. I should probably have done it this summer but thought that renewing was best because (1) I wanted the club to get the money in these challenging times and (2) I thought the chance of a transfer was higher. I won't be doing that again.
was that in reply to your last email?
needs an overhaul during the season.

was that in reply to your last email?
needs an overhaul during the season.

Had several similar holding pattern emails in recent weeks. No response at all to my emails this week though. And I’m being very polite, despite my high level of annoyance :)

Like quite a few others in here I'm quite disappointed in the communication.They don't seem to have a system in place at all. Just seems either you randomly get a swap or you don't. I'm looking for anywhere reasonably close to the front of CR 2, 3, or 4. It's only 1 seat so i'm pretty sure this could have been accommodated but i've had nothing apart from to tell me that i'm on the list.

It’s an absolute shambles. I emailed three weeks ago with details of two seats within BF4 that were previously with ST holders that I know who haven’t renewed this year. My pal and I both contacted the TO at the same time requesting moves to these two seats. He’s had his accepted and I’ve heard nothing despite emailing 3 or 4 times asking.

Given that new season tickets are continuing to be allocated today whereas our transfer requests are being ignored, I can only conclude that either (1) there is no process or prioritisation whatsoever given to existing season ticket transfer requests or (2) the club are deliberately prioritising new waiting list applications to get additional cash in now, rather than deal with transfers first and then handle new in a couple of weeks time. @Greg Marshall I've asked you on this thread before why existing transfer requests are not being prioritised over new? I honestly don't get it and while I'm sure the people getting allocated season tickets via the waiting list are delighted, this can not be right. How can I escalate my dissatisfaction on this or is it a futile exercise?

Given that new season tickets are continuing to be allocated today whereas our transfer requests are being ignored, I can only conclude that either (1) there is no process or prioritisation whatsoever given to existing season ticket transfer requests or (2) the club are deliberately prioritising new waiting list applications to get additional cash in now, rather than deal with transfers first and then handle new in a couple of weeks time. @Greg Marshall I've asked you on this thread before why existing transfer requests are not being prioritised over new? I honestly don't get it and while I'm sure the people getting allocated season tickets via the waiting list are delighted, this can not be right. How can I escalate my dissatisfaction on this or is it a futile exercise?

start with webmail@rangers.co.uk as most complaints should start with customer services

start with webmail@Rangers.co.uk as most complaints should start with customer services
People aren't getting replies though.

As SLO can you not feed this back and say that fans feel they aren't being communicated with?

All we need is something from the Ticket Office that says that transfers are still continuing, or whether they have indeed closed for the year with the reasons given. Being kept in the loop is half the issue, non communication and hearing things second hand on here just causes people anxiety while they are refreshing their email inboxes every 20 minutes.

start with webmail@Rangers.co.uk as most complaints should start with customer services

OK thanks Greg - that email address is already one of those that I am communicating with on the transfer request.

But as per the post above I would appreciate it if you could escalate this in your capacity as SLO - it's clear that the communication isn't working currently (I understand the COVID impact in that respect) but it remains entirely wrong for transfer requests to remain outstanding when new season ticket applications are being successful. Those in control of the process need to understand this and explain why, in my opinion.

People aren't getting replies though.

As SLO can you not feed this back and say that fans feel they aren't being communicated with?

All we need is something from the Ticket Office that says that transfers are still continuing, or whether they have indeed closed for the year with the reasons given. Being kept in the loop is half the issue, non communication and hearing things second hand on here just causes people anxiety while they are refreshing their email inboxes every 20 minutes.

the ticket centre’s position is that until all seat moves are done they can’t comment on whether a supporter will be successful or not.

the ticket centre’s position is that until all seat moves are done they can’t comment on whether a supporter will be successful or not.

So how can they confirm that waiting list applications are successful when it's patently obvious that all seat moves have NOT been done?

OK thanks Greg - that email address is already one of those that I am communicating with on the transfer request.

But as per the post above I would appreciate it if you could escalate this in your capacity as SLO - it's clear that the communication isn't working currently (I understand the COVID impact in that respect) but it remains entirely wrong for transfer requests to remain outstanding when new season ticket applications are being successful. Those in control of the process need to understand this and explain why, in my opinion.

you say it’s “wrong” but when there are over 6000 move requests each of which can take up to a week to respond and that it’s all limited availability there is no simple solution. There is a deadline for new sales also

I have sympathy with those that want to move but equally the club are under no specific obligation to fulfil every request as that’s not operationally feasible.

appreciate that is not a popular comment but the ticket centre just can’t accommodate everyone.

you say it’s “wrong” but when there are over 6000 move requests each of which can take up to a week to respond and that it’s all limited availability there is no simple solution. There is a deadline for new sales also

I have sympathy with those that want to move but equally the club are under no specific obligation to fulfil every request as that’s not operationally feasible.

appreciate that is not a popular comment but the ticket centre just can’t accommodate everyone.
I emailed the ticket office more than three weeks ago and gave two exact seats where ST holders that I know personally have given up their seats. My mate emailed the same day as me and has been told he’s been successful yet I’ve received nothing back. I’ve emailed three or four times in total using the ticket office email and the webmail email address you posted earlier and still haven’t received anything so who would you suggest I contact?

FFS email from Rangers for MyGers offers at Argyle house!

Think i need to lie down for a while

EDIT: so excited its the wrong thread. Doh.

I understand that seat transfers will be a fairly massive job and it's not helped by Covid but I think it might be an idea for the club to look at best practice elsewhere to see if there is a simpler or more transparent way this can be done. Can the use of technology be improved so that it's less resource intensive? Also, in terms of transparency it would probably be best to work through them in some sort of order, probably going by the length of time or number of years people have been on the list for a transfer. It just seems so ad hoc at the moment

I accept that the ticket centre has no obligations to fulfil every request. I also accept that there is no simple solution. But it could certainly be a lot better ie. an online portal with a window of time for existing season ticket holders to review and select alternative seats. And, we'll have to agree to disagree on the priority order in which transfer requests from existing season ticket holders are managed vs applications for new. Especially in a year in which none of us will actually be getting to Ibrox for some time, surely the opportunity was there to handle transfers first before moving onto the waiting list? The deadline for new sales could, and should, have been moved out to accommodate this. For those with transfer requests still pending to see better seats being allocated to those on the new waiting list is pretty galling. In my opinion.

That's totally fine and an understandable position, but that's not what I was getting on at.

I also completely understand that it is a total hassle sorting 6000 applications and I don't for one minute think that all applications are going to be accommodated. That is completely unrealistic.

But the issue at hand is that normally, and we have been told this by the club, that new offers go out after the transfer process. But we don't know if the transfers are over or not. We haven't been told. We only assume because new offers are going out. Are you saying that transfers are still being looked at?

It can't be hard for the club to issue comms that says 'transfers are continuing parallel to new sales', or 'the transfer process for 2020 has been completed. We had received 6000 requests and unfortunately not everyone has been able to be accommodated. If you have not heard from us by now please take that as to mean that your request was unable to be accommodated this year'.

I'm really trying to offer constructive feedback.

Last edited:
Just logged into account and my seat transfer is sitting in the basket now one week after i replied to email, dont know what i am meant to be doing, click checkout nothing happens but click favorite seat and it works..

anyone else getting this problem?
also charged three quid for WebSales Fees

now gone from basket and no change to account details in history but is still in favorite seat.

Last edited:
After waiting 3 years I finally got my seat transfer from two separate seats to two together. They came in separate emails but I replied to both at the same time. Mine has been completed and got email confirmation but two days later still haven’t heard anything about my sons even though it was done at the same time. So now I have my new ticket in GF2 and my 3 year old son has his ticket in SW3. Numerous emails sent but no response and deadline for my sons transfer is today

After waiting 3 years I finally got my seat transfer from two separate seats to two together. They came in separate emails but I replied to both at the same time. Mine has been completed and got email confirmation but two days later still haven’t heard anything about my sons even though it was done at the same time. So now I have my new ticket in GF2 and my 3 year old son has his ticket in SW3. Numerous emails sent but no response and deadline for my sons transfer is today
they are in serious need of a decent ticketing system for their sake as much as ours.

Incredibly i received an answer to my query from last friday and within two emails the seatbaas transferred. All very easy, I can only imagine the volume and internal processes being the biggest hinderence and slowing down responses.

Anyway, really happy to be moving from GR2 to GF5

Incredibly i received an answer to my query from last friday and within two emails the seatbaas transferred. All very easy, I can only imagine the volume and internal processes being the biggest hinderence and slowing down responses.

Anyway, really happy to be moving from GR2 to GF5

Was this today mate? Still waiting and heard nothing

i have just checked my email and have second offer for same seat as last Friday which i already accepted last Friday and have now replied again. also sent email askin about why it was in basket and then it wasnt when i tried to click check out

i have just checked my email and have second offer for same seat as last Friday which i already accepted last Friday and have now replied again. also sent email askin about why it was in basket and then it wasnt when i tried to click check out
Exact same situation mate

So after a weekend of Alfredo transfer speculation, it’s Monday and the season ticket transfers / waiting list lottery continues.

Anyone think transfers are still happening even though the ticket centre is now working its way through the new waiting list? I hope so.

Back