Seething Celtic Maw does not like the Union Flag

Why? It's a Union Jack wherever it's flown, not just at sea.
And I quote:

"Sometime around 1674 the British flag became formally known as the 'Union Jack' when mounted on a warship and the ship was not in harbour. At the same time the British flag was referred to as the 'Union flag' on land."

And I quote:

"Sometime around 1674 the British flag became formally known as the 'Union Jack' when mounted on a warship and the ship was not in harbour. At the same time the British flag was referred to as the 'Union flag' on land."
It is sometimes claimed that the Union Flag should be described as the Union Jack only when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From its earliest days, the Admiralty often referred to the flag – however it was used – as the Union Jack. In 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that either name could be used officially. And in 1908 the UK Parliament approved this verdict, stating that ‘the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag’.

And I quote:

Where you quoting that from?

The official Royal Family website says this -

The term 'Union Jack' possibly dates from Queen Anne's time (r. 1702-14), but its origin is uncertain.

It may come from the 'jack-et' of the English or Scottish soldiers, or from the name of James I who originated the first union in 1603.

Another alternative is that the name may be derived from a proclamation by Charles II that the Union Flag should be flown only by ships of the Royal Navy as a jack, a small flag at the bowsprit; the term 'jack' once meant small.

Seems no one really knows, nothing about it being made an official name either.

Where you quoting that from?

The official Royal Family website says this -

It may come from the 'jack-et' of the English or Scottish soldiers, or from the name of James I who originated the first union in 1603.

Another alternative is that the name may be derived from a proclamation by Charles II that the Union Flag should be flown only by ships of the Royal Navy as a jack, a small flag at the bowsprit; the term 'jack' once meant small.

And I quote:

Fair enough. I would think the Royal Family's own views on the matter make more sense though.
Well, it would help if he didn’t exclude the very next sentence to try and back up his point.

And I quote: :)

“This rule was relaxed by the early nineteen century when the sailing term could be used when referring to the national flag everywhere.”

Well, it would help if he didn’t exclude the very next sentence to try and back up his point.

And I quote: :)

“This rule was relaxed by the early nineteen century when the sailing term could be used when referring to the national flag everywhere.”
Not going to disagree mate. My mistake for ommitting out the follow on part.

Fair enough. I would think the Royal Family's own views on the matter make more sense though.
Who am I to disagree with the Royal Family? I merely looked for a quick link to give a quick clarification to a question on the flag.
I appreciate your post though mate.

Who am I to disagree with the Royal Family? I merely looked for a quick link to give a quick clarification to a question on the flag.
I appreciate your post though mate.

No problem mate, I wasn't meaning to come across as rude either if it seemed that way. Reading back, I could have worded it better :)

All laughing and joking aside, that bigoted narrow minded rant is quite sinister.
Threatening violence,intolerance of other people of religion other than her own.
She should be easy enough to identify and be reported to the police for threatening property damage.
Spare me any patter about "grasses", if that was one of us on a rant like that,it would be in every media outlet in Scotland and questions raised in the toy town Parliament.
If you think that should be reported to the polis I'd hate for you to see half the shit in my group chat with the boys ffs..

Back