Seville Travel Thread * ALL POSTS HERE / NO TRADING *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrhead travel on the phone now.

Plane departs on the return at 1:50 still, gets back into Glasgow at 4:05. Said to bring proof of travel insurance (bizarrely), Spanish locator forms need to be completed, I’ve just done it to be safe.

Forgot to ask about check in times.

Not really an informative phone call.

Plane departs on the return at 1:50 still, gets back into Glasgow at 4:05. Said to bring proof of travel insurance (bizarrely), Spanish locator forms need to be completed, I’ve just done it to be safe.

Wonder why that would be? :rolleyes:

Been following your story throughout this thread. Barrhead have been a shambles and that's not because I'm a Neilston boy.

Wonder why that would be? :rolleyes:

Been following your story throughout this thread. Barrhead have been a shambles and that's not because I'm a Neilston boy.
Think the guy was just wanting to make sure he was safe than sorry, he mentioned it was needed to get on the plane and my dad asked if we would need proof. So, yeah leading questions and all that.

I don’t usually take out travel insurance either.

The guy just said because it’s a charter it’s generally a lot less organised and can be very last minute with everything.

Just want on the fucking plane :))

have 2 spaces today faro to seville-ideally fromthe airport.Probably leaving Faro at 2pm
PM me if needbe

Think the guy was just wanting to make sure he was safe than sorry, he mentioned it was needed to get on the plane and my dad asked if we would need proof. So, yeah leading questions and all that.

I can understand it's been tough for all travel companies with logistics but goinig by the your story (and others) they seem to have been particularly poor.

Hopefully alls well that ends well.

The guy just said because it’s a charter it’s generally a lot less organised and can be very last minute with everything.

Just want on the fucking plane :))
Just off phone plane 2now leaving at 0345 returning 0410 if that is helpful

My brothers, my mum amd my neice left last night to drive town to Cardiff for their flights. Just been told, they can't get a pilot for the 6am flight, so they were redirected to a flight from Bristol and same deal, they then drove to London and no flights!! I just spoke to my sister and they ate distraught and thinking about coming back home!! Hope they cam get something sorted and get to Sevilla!!

Not sure about that locator form advice. It has been posted here many times that if you have the UK digital pass that shows vaccination within 270 days you are good. For belt and braces I re-downloaded ours at the weekend so the QR codes are good until August and I also printed a hard copy. I don't want any added baggage but equally I don't want any (more) unexpected things to go wrong.

Someone will no doubt correct me but you only need to consider locator form if you don't have the digital pass.

Barrhead also asked for a paper health declaration to be filled in to satisfy the charter carrier and also an online survey form with personal details for gawd knows what purpose.

Quality and consistency of advice well up with the standard of information and planning for this trip.

They had better have their arses in gear for check in tomorrow morning.

Not sure about that locator form advice. It has been posted here many times that if you have the UK digital pass that shows vaccination within 270 days you are good. For belt and braces I re-downloaded ours at the weekend so the QR codes are good until August and I also printed a hard copy. I don't want any added baggage but equally I don't want any (more) unexpected things to go wrong.

Someone will no doubt correct me but you only need to consider locator form if you don't have the digital pass.

Barrhead also asked for a paper health declaration to be filled in to satisfy the charter carrier and also an online survey form with personal details for gawd knows what purpose.

Quality and consistency of advice well up with the standard of information and planning for this trip.

They had better have their arses in gear for check in tomorrow morning.
Yeah. Can’t see anywhere online that says locator form is still needed, but better safe than sorry for me. My mum is bringing home these health forms, that I wouldn’t have known about if it wasn’t for posters on here.

Hopefully they open the check in desk early with no hassle.

Okay rite so where to begin….

No boarding passes or flight itinerary is needed, it is all done at the airport.

Everyone should have got an email on Sat/Sun titled ACTION REQUIRED. This needs to be filled in, the passenger health declaration form you must bring with you to the airport.

You also need to have proof of travel insurance, however, you can show this via your phone, you don’t need to have this printed.

With regards to the flight times, she said not to worry in the slightest regarding the 01:50 departure time, the flight will not leave without folk, if the game goes to ET or pens because this is chartered flight it will be delayed.

She did say it was advisable to get to the airport as quickly as possible as Barrhead have 4 flights travelling alone.

Hope this helps put minds at ease.

Yeah. Can’t see anywhere online that says locator form is still needed, but better safe than sorry for me.

Hopefully they open the check in desk early with no hassle.

For anyone reading the thread and worrying here is the link to the entry requirements

No boarding passes or flight itinerary is needed, it is all done at the airport.

Everyone should have got an email on Sat/Sun titled ACTION REQUIRED. This needs to be filled in, the passenger health declaration form you must bring with you to the airport.

You also need to have proof of travel insurance, however, you can show this via your phone, you don’t need to have this printed.

With regards to the flight times, she said not to worry in the slightest regarding the 01:50 departure time, the flight will not leave without folk, if the game goes to ET or pens because this is chartered flight it will be delayed.

She did say it was advisable to get to the airport as quickly as possible as Barrhead have 4 flights travelling alone.

I assume that quick as possible advice is for the flight home? Maybe they will fill them up first come first served and when it is full they will get a slot to depart.

Going to be a lot of stragglers through no fault of their own from both the match stadium and the fanzone stadium. I was at Manchester and public transport was non-existent and cabs were few and far between.

Has anyone dared to ask them why the initial plan to give us transfers from the airport before the game and from the stadium after the game are not now being provided but the price is staying the same?

I assume that quick as possible advice is for the flight home? Maybe they will fill them up first come first served and when it is full they will get a slot to depart.
Will be both ways I imagine. Everyone has been allocated a flight, so I can’t imagine it’s first come first served.

Won’t settle until I’m on that plane.

Last edited:

Going to be a lot of stragglers through no fault of their own from both the match stadium and the fanzone stadium. I was at Manchester and public transport was non-existent and cabs were few and far between.

Has anyone dared to ask them why the initial plan to give us transfers from the airport before the game and from the stadium after the game are not now being provided but the price is staying the same?
This is a good point regarding the price,

I am sure I read on another thread last week when it was announced that the flight home would be from Seville that a member on here got a partial refund.

Just off phone plane 2now leaving at 0345 returning 0410 if that is helpful
That's a quick flight!

This is brilliant info, thanks for getting it.
I got travel insurance there for the 2 of us for £4 and have printed it off just to be safe.

I might still worry in the slightest about getting back, but this sounds like she's saying they will just fill the planes in the order folk get back. "The flight will not leave without folk" should be in writing as it might be a helluva delay if we wait for every last person. All I have in writing is their email which says "you must arrive at Seville Airport no later than two hours before the flight departs to complete check-in. The flight will not wait and any late arrivals risk being unable to board." Very different message and I know which one would count if things go wrong for anyone. I still think they're saying delays due to extra time rather than delays due to people not getting out of Seville if the match ends on time.

God knows what I'll tell our taxi driver when to come get us on Thursday, but priority is getting to Seville airport and then take it from there.

This has been reassuring but I can't help but still worry.

This is a good point regarding the price,

I am sure I read on another thread last week when it was announced that the flight home would be from Seville that a member on here got a partial refund.
I mentioned this when on the phone the other morning about the new flight time, and all the woman said was that my itinerary has never said Malaga on it, and I'd need to take it up with the person who took the original booking!

Man, feeling envious of everyone already there or well on their way! My journey doesn’t start until tonight and I’m still getting the fear about that short connection time in Santiago de Compostela! Just want on the plane to Seville so I can relax and enjoy it!

Madrid to Seville train (11:50) is full of bears and a few Frankfurt fans.

Ran out of beer early on.so bring your own lads and lassies.

We're on the vodka and whisky we bought in duty free in Manchester so.could get messy.

Currently sitting on the Malaga to Seville train that left at 13.21.

Everyone's alcohol was taken off them as their bags were checked. I include spirits and champagne etc bought in duty free.

We were met with the response of you can buy alcohol on the train.

Now almost 1hr into the journey and we've had it confirmed that no alcohol or food will be served on a 2hr 50mins journey.

The train is packed and if there is air con you can't feel it. Windows are also locked in our carriage so no fresh air.

After a great flight from Edinburgh to Malaga the train journey is an absolute buzz kill.

Currently sitting on the Malaga to Seville train that left at 13.21.

Everyone's alcohol was taken off them as their bags were checked. I include spirits and champagne etc bought in duty free.

We were met with the response of you can buy alcohol on the train.

Now almost 1hr into the journey and we've had it confirmed that no alcohol or food will be served on a 2hr 50mins journey.

The train is packed and if there is air con you can't feel it. Windows are also locked in our carriage so no fresh air.

After a great flight from Edinburgh to Malaga the train journey is an absolute buzz kill.

Just remember there are people not making Seville so your journey is hardly the worst.

Enjoy when you get there, plenty of time for booze

For those arriving in Madrid. We were about 5 minute walk to immigration, 15 minutes in the immigration queue, 10 minute train, then another few minutes showing the COVID thing. As a gauge out process was fairly quick. We landed at 14.10 and made our 16.00 train by about 20 minutes.

Looking for 1 space back to Malaga after the game or early morning, son had to change plans and has a flight from Malaga to Edinburgh via Oslo on Thurs, anyone help ?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back