SFA has opened an investigation into a number of ''inappropriate' Rangers related tweets made by St Mirren chairman John Needham

The evils of drink the night before and the realisation the next day of what you've done.The club should be like a dog with a bone on this one(having failed repeatedly in the past).How many times does it need to be said-make an example of one and the rest will think twice in future.

If nothing else, the club have a duty of care to the loyal fans who stump up in numerous ways to support the club.A little retrospective support will go a long way in the currency of appreciation.

Its a hate crime mate no ifs or buts
There is no way Plod Natsi isn't aware of this.

That there's been no action, far less comment, tells us all we need to know.

Remember, these ratbags weren't slow in making a statement or two in the aftermath of March 7th and May 15th.
Totally agree.
If he's still on the St Mirren board when they next visit Ibrox then our board as a minimum should ban him from sitting anywhere in our stadium other than paying to get in and sitting with their supporters.
I disagree slightly. If a Rangers fan can be banned from Ibrox for certain behaviour, then so can a hater.

However, there has been no condemnation from anyone in a position of power at Hate St, so they should all be treated accordingly.

Were his tweets sectarian? I glanced over a few, but it was Sevco this and that! Just seems like another bitter prick who’s now sorry as he’s been called out on it!

This St Mirren guy is just the tip of the iceberg. At least it’s been addressed now, watch out Aberdeen, Hibs and the rest of them. Treat us with respect.
Mr Park has proved his point in court, now the climb down by Scottish Football Association.
The Fat Japanese is no longer about to cover up for them
Have to be honest mate, I completely agree with your message overall but the last sentence completely kills the tone. Referring to someone as a Fat Japanese whilst talking about treating people with respect?

That man has held senior positions within major banking institutions. I cannot believe he is that thick to make a tweet like that. Unless he was pashed at the time
Not thick, not pashed - his spelling and grammar were excellent and better than many on here - incl mine.

This will be interesting to see where the SPFL go with it. The H word as defined by Nil By Mouth is sectarian in nature no matter how much they all try and kid themselves.
Have nbm ever suggested that someone accused of Irish catlic sectarianism just pay an amount to an appropriate charity to like say absolve their sins - I've heard some people believe that might work.;)

Have nbm ever suggested that someone accused of Irish catlic sectarianism just pay an amount to an appropriate charity to like say absolve their sins - I've heard some people believe that might work.;)
Haha! No, they try and find it where it doesn’t exist like our 150th year strip launch! They are part of the problem!

What exactly are they "investigating"?

Were they sent from his account? - yes
Has he admitted that and not tried to play the 'I was hacked' defence? - yes
Were they sectarian and/or inappropriate for a man in his position within the game? - yes

All they can be investigating given the above is how to make this go away with the least fuss possible.

We as Rangers fans should have a good look at ourselves. A chairman of an opposing football team makes accusations against our club and we as travelling fans to his stadium fill not one but two stands providing them with thousands of pounds.
Speak for yourself.

My support for Rangers is stronger than my hatred of anyone else. Would be good to be a social justice warrior like yourself, but, I recognise that the world keeps on spinning and i’ll keep supporting my team.

We as Rangers fans should have a good look at ourselves. A chairman of an opposing football team makes accusations against our club and we as travelling fans to his stadium fill not one but two stands providing them with thousands of pounds.

Probably a bit late for Sunday or fans will be out of pocket however I agree with the sentiment.

Next game there should be reminders to supporters about this or rangers ask for a reduced allocation from them

Maybe they could contact the Daily Record for advice on how to run one of these investigations. They have recent experience of handling similar ( no laughing in the background). Who’s next, because there doesn’t seem to be any slowing down.

Scotland the bonniest backward country in Europe.

A healthy fine and a 6 month course for reprogramming. Card stamped 3 times a week. Extra month added for 2 no-shows in a month

Better late than never from BBC Shortbread:

16 minutes ago

John Needham: St Mirren chairman subject of SFA investigation over Rangers tweets​

The Scottish FA is investigating tweets made about Rangers by St Mirren chairman John Needham.

Historical posts, including derogatory references to the Ibrox club's support, emerged over the weekend.
At least one of the tweets was made after Needham, who took over as chairman in the summer, was appointed on to the club's board last year.

He has since apologised on Twitter for the "inappropriate" posts to Rangers and their supporters.

"As a club chairman I have extra responsibility for the conduct and example I show," he wrote.

"These posts are completely inappropriate and do not reflect my character or beliefs as a person and I very much regret them."

St Mirren have been approached by BBC Scotland for comment.

The matter will be looked at by the SFA's compliance officer. It will also not be fast tracked, so an outcome could take several weeks.

A banker for over 40 years, Needham was appointed on to the club board in September by the St Mirren Independent Supporters Association, who own a 51% share in St Mirren.

SFA Disciplinary Rule 73:

No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player,
match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or microblogging site, or in any other manner calculated
or likely to lead to publicity, make comment(s) of a discriminatory or offensive nature based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability, or that endorse or
encourage foul play or violent Conduct or are otherwise offensive. There shall be a presumption
that any material published in such a manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.

Guilty. No Defence. No Excuses

I guess I'm in the minority here.

The dude shouldn't have twatted it (because he sounds like a 14 year old ned) but he should have the right to offend anyone he likes. Let's face it, most of us have called every other team and support plenty as well.

If he apologises - fine. If not, I don't really care. I wouldn't know him from Adam. But if he dishes it out, he doesn't get to complain about getting it back.

And for me that should be the end of it.

Scrambling around in the gutter pointing fingers and shouting "He said a bad word" with the likes of Humza Useless, Michael Stewart and Neil Lennon isn't really for me. I wouldn't want to be a genuine victim of actual wrongdoing and I certainly don't want to pretend to be one, especially over something so trivial.

I'm fine calling out the hypocrisy of those who hold Rangers to a different standard, for instance Graham Speirs who once lied that Rangers directors did similar but won't mention this when it actually happens, but this little cesspit of a country is still meant to have the right of free speech.

It should be fine to criticise or indeed insult without reproach another person's choices - including their rank hypocrisy, football team, political affiliation, religious leaning, and whether they want to %^*& children. As long as it doesn't go to the point where it is stirring up hatred against a group (like the SNP are wont to do) then this is hardly worth the electrons I'm spending on it.

The only things which should be legislated against are insults based on those things that a person has no control over - his/her race, gender, disabilities etc.

Everything else - if you don't like it, tell the person who offended you to "%^*& off"

It’s not as if it was an isolated incident, as Needham made out. This was calculated. These were regular attacks on our fanbase as a whole, they weren’t one-off comments.

They fully represent his views on Rangers Football Club and our fanbase, because they were regular insults aimed at us. If he said it once, maybe you could class it as isolated, but it’s was many times on different days so this could be totally classed as a regular occurrence.

Let’s call a spade a spade and not a shovel. It’s sectarian, and it’s hateful bigotry. Let’s not pussy-foot around. The SFA and St. Mirren have a lot to think about here and this will fully determine if they want to REALLY eradicate sectarianism or if they just want to reserve the real punishments for Rangers.

Let’s see if they have the balls to deal with this properly, because if they don’t then we would all be as well chucking it, and the SFA would be as well just coming out and saying they hate Rangers and enjoy the hatred that comes from other people that’s aimed at us.

I guess I'm in the minority here.

The dude shouldn't have twatted it (because he sounds like a 14 year old ned) but he should have the right to offend anyone he likes. Let's face it, most of us have called every other team and support plenty as well.

If he apologises - fine. If not, I don't really care. I wouldn't know him from Adam. But if he dishes it out, he doesn't get to complain about getting it back.

And for me that should be the end of it.

Scrambling around in the gutter pointing fingers and shouting "He said a bad word" with the likes of Humza Useless, Michael Stewart and Neil Lennon isn't really for me. I wouldn't want to be a genuine victim of actual wrongdoing and I certainly don't want to pretend to be one, especially over something so trivial.

I'm fine calling out the hypocrisy of those who hold Rangers to a different standard, for instance Graham Speirs who once lied that Rangers directors did similar but won't mention this when it actually happens, but this little cesspit of a country is still meant to have the right of free speech.

It should be fine to criticise or indeed insult without reproach another person's choices - including their rank hypocrisy, football team, political affiliation, religious leaning, and whether they want to %^*& children. As long as it doesn't go to the point where it is stirring up hatred against a group (like the SNP are wont to do) then this is hardly worth the electrons I'm spending on it.

The only things which should be legislated against are insults based on those things that a person has no control over - his/her race, gender, disabilities etc.

Everything else - if you don't like it, tell the person who offended you to "%^*& off"
So it’s ok for the chairman of an spfl club to wish a bridge containing Rangers fans to collapse all for the crime of supporting a football team ?

Back