Shane duffy has received sectarian and racist abuse on instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Perhaps those of us who don't get all upset by hurty words can just get on with our lives instead of living in this infantilized sh1te we have to currently suffer.
I agree with you but there’s a difference between abuse and hurty words. I’m of the vintage where it was a case of anything goes so I’m with you on that.

Sectarian abuse? I hope our supporters aren’t giving the mentally challenged grief, don’t want him hounded out!
I don't think that it will be from Gers fans in fact one of the posts on there from "Donegal bhoy" "says that the abuse that Duffy has taken from celtic fans is toxic and that they really need to take a look at themselves"
This season we have had TGFITW trying to assault the players of the team that they claim to support so it's not unlikely that they are involved in this .
Regardless of who has done this , it is terrible that anyone should have to put up with not only personal abuse but abuse towards their families is shocking .

You know they’ve got their priorities wrong when calling someone a 19th Century Terrorist is deemed worse than comments about their dead dad.

I know what would bother me more.

Oh and it’s one fucking idiot.

I don't think that it will be from Gers fans in fact one of the posts on there from "Donegal bhoy" "says that the abuse that Duffy has taken from celtic fans is toxic and that they really need to take a look at themselves"
This season we have had TGFITW trying to assault the players of the team that they claim to support so it's not unlikely that they are involved in this .
Regardless of who has done this , it is terrible that anyone should have to put up with not only personal abuse but abuse towards their families is shocking .
It was a Rangers fan, a stupid wee guy

James Maclean was opening calling himself a 19th Century Terrorist, think he used the words proud 19th Century Terrorist. Then he complains he is being abused.

Paddy McCourt had an army of 19th Century Terrorists singing for him, they produced scarves, flags and badges to this effect.

celtic fans were all over their forums declaring Duffy as the 19th Century Terrorist from Free Derry here to win ten in a row.

they openly call themselves 19th Century Terrorists.

this is all way confusing for me it’s like black people who call others or sing the n-word but then are offended by others using it.

these words are either offensive racist or sectarian full stop or not, society can’t pick and chose when they want to be offended.

ps no need for the remark about his dad.

Last edited:
No mention of the fact that he was offering square gos on instagram last night either.

Someone needs to have a serious word with the boy messaging him though, without a doubt.

Fucking hell okay I wasn’t aware of the ‘come ahead’ patter so he needs to be aware he can’t go about throwing that about either.

I take that back then , but why any Rangers supporter or anyone for that matter should want to do this to Duffy is beyond me , there is absolutely no excuse for this type of online abuse especially when they bring family members into it .
Agreed

To be fair to the scum, when one of their own is abused they make sure it gets out there.

I'm on twitter regularly and you see similar abuse to Rangers players that doesnt get mentioned.

Even The Sun were joining in the other week.

I was going to make a joke about him being a Rangers legend but not really the place for it. It's easy to make a profile these days but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that it is a Rangers fan. Social media is a cesspit for stuff like this. If I was a player I would just steer clear.

James Maclean was opening calling himself a 19th Century Terrorist, think he used the words proud 19th Century Terrorist. Then he complains he is being abused.

Paddy McCourt had an army of 19th Century Terrorists singing for him, they produced scarves, flags and badges to this effect.

celtic fans were all over their forums declaring him as the 19th Century Terrorist from Free Derry here to win ten in a row.

they openly call themselves 19th Century Terrorists.

this is all way confusing for me it’s like black people who call others or sing the n-word but then are offended by others using it.

these words are either offensive racist or sectarian full stop or not, society can’t pick and chose when they want to be offended.

ps no need for the remark about his dad.

You do realise why black people have taken ownership of the N word? This is a word that was used to humiliate, antagonise, abuse them through slavery and beyond. They have taken ownership of it and made sure that they can call each other that, and them only.

19th Century Terrorist, is slightly different in my opinion.

However this is just another wee arsehole tarnishing the name of our support. Anyone who tries to defend his actions needs to take a look at themselves.

1ec6fb5195f1fea8d57438316b79192d.gif

Mocking someone's dead dad is vile but it's 1..12 year old boy on social media. Nothing worse than when your fighting than the mentally challengeds and it's derailed for a week as we all handwring over stupid 1 social media message on cyberspace. Putting us on the back foot and bringing the self-loathers out to declare we've still got a bigotry problem and how big duffy is really a decent guy.

I can't be bothered with the" Old firm fans united in disgust" type stories.

Just ignore it.

Duffy is going to go down in Rangers Folklore like Anton Rogan.

Came up here thinking he was going to be a hero & win the “Ten”. Instead he ended up a bomb scare with even his own fans hating him.

Thanks for the Memes Duffy.

The same Shane Duffy that was mimicking firing an armalite ?

Sorry if I don’t give a %^*& about him receiving a few messages!!

If you want to give it out and act the Provo don’t be surprised when you get a little back!!

Same for that piece of excrement James McLean

Its press propaganda. They decide what things to highlight and what things to ignore. No one keeps records and no one points this out so we just have to suck it up, again.

I cannot understand anyone giving him abuse as he's been excellent for us since joining them. Bizarre.

The bit about his dad was far too far. As for the rest, maybe Duffy shouldn’t mime holding an armalite in a pub?

In a few years we'll be reminded how Duffy decided not to extend his loan and was hounded out of Scotland by bigots.

The sectarian stuff cuts both ways and hard to see how it can ever really be stopped. Although you would need to be braindead stupid to post that directly on a player account as the press will swoop on it.
I will say, though, that Rangers fan or not, anyone mocking the death of someone's dad deserves no sympathy or support. That is lowlife behaviour.

Won’t be a Rangers fan. He’s one of our favourite players.

There’s only one set of fans who hate him in Glasgow and it isn’t Rangers supporters.

I cannot understand anyone giving him abuse as he's been excellent for us since joining them. Bizarre.
Big Shane has done everything asked of him and more.
If ever a member of the secret lodge has behaved to an honourable degree in his level and square dealings to his instructions it is brother Shane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back