Shane duffy has received sectarian and racist abuse on instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to be careful here

You could set your watch to that mob coming out with this pish as soon as we get an inkling of success

Players getting abuse online the go to one
Celtc Managers wife get all worried and stressed out because a flag got planted in their garden
Ex players had to get bullet proof cars especially made

I mean for the love of Laudrup they made the news at 10 with candle lit vigils

Cant be from us surely. The guys a constant source of amusement and should be encouraged to stay on next season.

Rather than outright abuse him it would have been better to praise him for his sterling work towards 55. See, sometimes the subtle approach is the best one.

Bringing his Dad into it and going all guns blazing with the insults, well..... immaturity big time. Not much of an excuse though, when we are rightly annoyed at some wee clown not in double digits yet racially abusing Alfie at the Scumhut. Mr Joseph wasn’t calling that one out, though. It’s wrong, but it’s all wrong. Not selectively wrong when it suits an agenda.

Cretinous behaviour from this person, if legit, but I’m sorry, I struggle to see where the racism is? Sectarian yes, racism? Nope.

Still, that stuffs not good to see at all.

Duffy likes to dish it out on a personal level, but this kind of stuff is too far.

Wouldn't begin to condone the social media bampots but it's funny how it's only tramps that get sectarian abuse.

Social media is full of fecking idiots that love trolling anyone "famous" so it can make their day to get a recognition of a reaction from them while hiding behind the keyboard.
Plenty of our players will be getting all sorts of abuse every day on there but will just be blanking it.
I do think generally you should have to give details before you are granted use of twitter etc, not for public viewing but so you can be held accountable for when you overstep the mark and get banned rather than just closing the account and opening a new one the same day to carry on trolling.

He deleted his social media after all the incessant abuse Celtic fans were giving him after Dubai. Timing of this is rather suspect but let’s hope the culprit is caught.

I’d shake his hand and thank him for his efforts this year. I’ve not see a Celtic player hated as much by Celtic fans in a long long time. He’s welcome at Ibrox anytime as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:
It is simple really. If you would not say something to someone’s face then why do it behind a keyboard.

Common decency has went out the window and this is why these youngsters and more alarmingly a lot of adults believe is the norm.

Just maybe if he hadn't been caught on video singing and dancing whilst pointing the imaginary rifle in an act of kidding on he's in some sort of provo's.

Like that wee ratbag from Stoke he's his own worst enemy at times.
I think Duffy’s a dick aswell but some of the stuff in that message isn’t on imo. You just know that Duffy isn’t the last person he’ll send abuse to as well.

It's fucking Instagram.

These accounts that do shit like this are either anonymous trolls or more likely kids.

Every single old firm player could look in their message requests and find similar, thats why they don't go into his main inbox, you need to specifically search out things like this.

Screams of trying to turn the public perception of him from a riddy to sympathy, I have no doubt some wee arsehole sent him this but if you seek it out, you're going to find it. The guy literally argues with random fans on Instagram, he doesn't seem to be very clever.

James Maclean was opening calling himself a 19th Century Terrorist, think he used the words proud 19th Century Terrorist. Then he complains he is being abused.

Paddy McCourt had an army of 19th Century Terrorists singing for him, they produced scarves, flags and badges to this effect.

celtic fans were all over their forums declaring Duffy as the 19th Century Terrorist from Free Derry here to win ten in a row.

they openly call themselves 19th Century Terrorists.

this is all way confusing for me it’s like black people who call others or sing the n-word but then are offended by others using it.

these words are either offensive racist or sectarian full stop or not, society can’t pick and chose when they want to be offended.

ps no need for the remark about his dad.
Seen plenty of avatars with them calling themselves ‘Unrepentant 19th Century Terrorists’

Don't let the bastards get you down Shane, what a season you've had big stuff.

You deserve a 5 year contract on improved terms.
Improved terms? Will bankrupt them lol.

Think he's probably already best player in the league. Can't think of too many in the past who'll be on more either!

It only takes one eejit (and age is no excuse) and they're reaching for the high ground and playing the victim card, which of course they're very good at doing.

Big Sean Londonduffy is a leg-end, we'll never forget him and he won't either. But there's no need for the sectarian stuff, let's leave that to them.

It just shows the internet is full of folk who think it's just a playground.

It is to a degree but I think if your going to message him if you really really need to say something along the lines of "Rangers best signing" or ask him how he makes a living out of total dug sh1t.

It's been the best and worst invention of this generation.

The same Shane Duffy that was mimicking firing an armalite ?

Sorry if I don’t give a %^*& about him receiving a few messages!!

If you want to give it out and act the Provo don’t be surprised when you get a little back!!

Same for that piece of excrement James McLean
Fkpig. There's only one Shane Duffy-10 in a row :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back