Shankland

Is he signing?

• Absolutely not

• He will have a bar scarf above his head tonight

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never, ever wanted us to sign him and was always of the opinion he wasn't the level we require.

I've changed my mind. Go and get him in January. He would score a barrel load for us.

I know he didn't do much outside the goal and while he might not be good enough to take us where we need to go, he's undeniably 2, 3 or 4 levels ahead of Dessers and Lammers. Not that that is saying a lot.
Nope. He's not good enough.

He played well today at Ibrox if he can do well against Rangers he can do it against any side in the league. He was getting slaughtered by maniacs last week then scored a pretty good goal against Celtic.

Im not sure why we need someone doing it outside of spfl if we win this league we will be delighted. The whole aye hes Scots he wont do anything in europe is mental anyway.
Again I take that point. Its well made. I just don't think he'd get anywhere near the space he requires playing for us. My opinion is the same as it is for the big lad Jordan White who always seems to play well and score against us. Rangers fans tend to try harder against us and so they should too!

I've never, ever wanted us to sign him and was always of the opinion he wasn't the level we require.

I've changed my mind. Go and get him in January. He would score a barrel load for us.

I know he didn't do much outside the goal and while he might not be good enough to take us where we need to go, he's undeniably 2, 3 or 4 levels ahead of Dessers and Lammers. Not that that is saying a lot.
Thought he was the best player on the park today

He's definitely got something. He would be decent backup for Danilo. Think we miss a core of Scottish, Rangers fans.

He would seriously need to work on his fitness/weight though. Morelos is Kipchoge compared to him.

Cleared one off the line aswell bud

Played against a midget and won all his headers.goid goal. Always a handful for our defence. We should have signed him years ago for next to nothing but who's to say Beale wouldn't have destroyed him by playing him out of position. An ok player.

Much better than Dessers on a fraction of the wages.

With chances we create, he would score.
Much better than Dessers on a fraction of the wages.

With chances we create, he would score.
I’m with you Harbour. Never got the snobbery about Shankland.

Of course he’s not a world beater, but as you say, with the number of chances we create - and it’s every game - he’d stick some goals away.

Would have been worth spending money on Shankland either of the last two summer windows. Depends exactly how much the fee would have been. I've no doubt he would score goals for us, at least 10+ in league would give us something we have lacked. I think we would still have needed Danilo to come in as our designated first choice no. 9, as well as Sima's goals.

But so many of our supporters are stubbornly resistant to the perception of paying over the odds to SPL clubs. On the other hand, you could feel people were happy seeing us spend £4m+ on Dessers - and I admit he seemed like he might have worked out. But Dessers and Lammers are looking like hugely expensive mistakes and we need to learn lessons. First, we need to realize we're just as liable to be ripped off by clubs anywhere. That overhaul of our scouting is badly needed, but we need to get over our hangup about recruiting from within our own league.

That said, not sure I would be chasing Shankland next window. Not sure his contract situation. On a free, I'd get him in.

2019-2020 season I wanted us to get him, he'd have cost about £350k then. We got Greg Stewart and Florian Kamberi on loan instead.

Shankland would score for us given the service and possession we have in games.

We missed a trick not signing him when he was at Ayr Utd. It was obvious then that the boy had an eye for a goal.

I know for a fact Gerrard wanted him when he was at Ayr because he told Lawrence how much he liked him when he played against us. Gerrard was told to consider others back then.

He played well in hearts euro games as well.
We absolutely need a striker in January, another Danilo injury means it's those two frauds getting game time.
He's Scottish, he'll want to come, and he might only have 18 months left on his contract so hearts should listen to our opening offer.
He might be a bit of a stop gap, and you'd hope in time merely a bit part player until we properly sort ourselves out.

I screamed out for us to get him in when was a free,an absolute no brainer with very little risk. Now having to pay millions to Hearts to get him? Na,if we're paying big money then there has to better out there. I'd maybe go to as far as 1.5M for him off hearts,but they wouldn't take it.
How long his hearts contract anyway?

Miles better than Dessers. Miles

If we could get him for a reasonable fee I'd definitely take him
We should spend the money to get him. He’s proven in our league and he’d score for fun at Rangers.

Few million on him would’ve been a much better buy than Lammers and Dessers combined.

We need a solid back up for Danilo, he'd be perfect fit

I wouldn’t be massively against him as back up, my point was more around him being a replacement for the hopeless Dessers and being a first pick, he can’t be our fist choice striker but if he was there as back up to a good front 2 then I could see that I suppose

He had a good game, even outwith his goal.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Clement made his dreams come true, either in January or the summer.

Shankland played well today. He scored and he held the ball up very well.

When you look at our strikers and folk saying he wouldn't cut it, it makes you wonder.

He'd be an imrovement and score goals, but he's Scottish so....

Last edited:
its funny how hes always compared to dessers.
hes an average striker like dessers when he went abroad he flopped big time
he couldnt score for aberdeen either.

Domestically this season he has played 13 games and scored only 4 goals (including today), is that really the sort of striker we should be looking at?

I think we should never have sold Colak despite what shortcomings he might have.

Certainly a better finisher than Shankland and Dessers combined I'd suggest.

Is Clement already familiar with shankland after his time in Belgium ?
He would be, he came on as a sub for Beerschot against Brugge in a 3-2 win for Brugge.

Didn't do well in Belgium however and Beerschot were relegated after Clement left Brugge.

He did watch it back

Broke up most of our attacking play, let's not rewrite this game these players need to go they are slow and predictable
Who’s rewriting the game, we’re absolutely rotten.

Hearts had one chance in our box and took it, we had 70% of the ball 28 goal attempts. Shankland is decent and I’d take him at Ibrox. He didn’t do much other than score and hold the ball up a few times though.

Great finish today and constantly put us under pressure. The ball across the goal was good play as well.

One thing he did was put pressure on our defenders. Even near the end a simple wee nudge on Davies got his team a corner. Dessers could not do this.

Domestically this season he has played 13 games and scored only 4 goals (including today), is that really the sort of striker we should be looking at?
What does this even mean ?

if he had say 7 goals he would still be Scottish and not good enough.

He scored plenty last season but they did not count cos its spfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back