Should Rangers make a play for lawrence shankland

Prolific goal scorers are not easy to come by.
So letting him go either to that mob or down south would be a massive mistake.
Not many players who play in the Championship get Scotland caps.
Think he would bust a gut to come to us.

The more I think of it the more I’d like to see him sign. We know he can finish and we create plenty chances . His all round game would improve with our coaching staffs influence and him being surrounded by better players

I’m sure Rangers had him well watched last season and I’m also sure that if they had been interested in Shankland they would have offered him a deal but n the summer - would have been low risk strategy - Id say e got to trust the management and the scouts on this one

If he was a gamble then we've missed our window which was a free transfer in the summer.

He could have come in and if assessed to be not good enough been allowed to leave either on loan or for a fee - instead we signed Barker and King?

Id think even at £2m its still a bit of a risk, he could come good or be another Nicky Clarke - its hard to tell. Although in context is he worth any less than Grezda?

If he was a gamble then we've missed our window which was a free transfer in the summer.

He could have come in and if assessed to be not good enough been allowed to leave either on loan or for a fee - instead we signed Barker and King?

Id think even at £2m its still a bit of a risk, he could come good or be another Nicky Clarke - its hard to tell. Although in context is he worth any less than Grezda?

Sorry, Wrong Nicky Clark

c554b3_0439447153574e399a154cfd3f56f68b~mv2.jpg

I wouldn't mind him as a 3rd or 4th choice striker tbh. But DU would hold us to ransom now, so it's a non-starter imo

I’ve not seen enough of him tbh, Just read the reports about him. Saw him on tv play for Scotland and he looked a hard worker but that was about it.

Would agree with that, but having a Boyd-esque striker to put away the dross wouldn't go amiss.
Think of the amount of times Boydy saved us in his first spell with us. Some vital goals. Not the most skillful, but a natural finisher.

He’d be good enough as a squad player but have missed the boat in getting him cheap.

Would hate for us to give a penny to his club.

Should have signed him in the summer imo. Would have not cost alot in wages etc. Will go to a Championship team in this window or the summer

Plays in a 2 for Dundee United
Just saw his goal against Hibs. I know scum are sniffing around but boy might be a bluenose. Do you guys think he is worth a punt?
he’s a decent striker but nowhere near what we’d be looking for, even as back up - not sure he has the ability to play as a lone striker against the better teams.

Just saw his goal against Hibs. I know scum are sniffing around but boy might be a bluenose. Do you guys think he is worth a punt?
No, I think the days of us just signing someone "doing a turn" in the Scottish leagues are over.

We seem to be having more success in scouring Balkan and Scandinavian leagues just now.

Back