Should we sign Shankland from Ayr?

Should we approach Ayr to sign Shankland

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
How many goals has he scored on 2019?

He seemed to score every game in the first half of the season but I rarely see his name pop up on the soccer Saturday vidi printer now.

if it was january then yes, i think speculation about his future has put him out of form, but now i voted no

If he takes Lafferty place in the squad and can come in for 1 in every 4 or 5 games then why not, but not sure he’d be any better than Lafferty

I'd only sign him on low wages to loan him out to do damage to other teams in the league.

He needs to prove himself in the SPFL before he is even worthy of consideration to our side.

If he takes Lafferty place in the squad and can come in for 1 in every 4 or 5 games then why not, but not sure he’d be any better than Lafferty

Assuming Lafferty leaves, then his place in the squad should be filled by Hardie or Rudden.

If Alfredo or Defoe leave then they should be replaced with as high a standard as we can get!

I wish Shankland well but it’s a no for me

Id take a punt.

Robertson of liverpool was playing at queens park not so long ago.

Not often someone scores 32 in that league so must have something aboot him

No. Either sign proven players at a high level or give youth a chance.

Is he really that much better than the likes of Rudden or Hardie?!

If you're willing to accept mediocrity then by all means vote yes. If you want to see Rangers competing for and winning trophies then we need to set our sights a little bit higher.

Aye but folk say Broadfoot was a good signing show how far we have fallen.

Shankhill would be a piss signing.he has nothing that would improve us.

He seemed to score every game in the first half of the season but I rarely see his name pop up on the soccer Saturday vidi printer now.
No from me. I'd like to see our young players given a chance. Youth teams are doing great just now and one or two are well deserving of it.

If you sign players on the basis of low risk potentially high reward you could start a few extra football teams. Shankland has done well in the championship, but hardly set the division alight.

S
If you sign players on the basis of low risk potentially high reward you could start a few extra football teams. Shankland has done well in the championship, but hardly set the division alight.

What???? His record is 33 goals in 38 games I would say that is setting the division on fire ! Ayr have slipped in past 3 months due to his injury he returned 3 games ago and is not yet 100%fit scored on Saturday though nowhere near fit

No. Either sign proven players at a high level or give youth a chance.

Is he really that much better than the likes of Rudden or Hardie?!

I do agree with what you say about proven players however where you let yourself down is saying Hardie and Rudden are as good sorry but I have watched a lot of games involving all 3 and Shankland is way above their level however may just fall a bit short for what we need I have heard from my connections at Ayr that he is heading to English Championship

No, I don't see where he'd be needed, especially after Signing Greg Stewart. If Morelos leaves he'll need replaced with a top striker.

This would leave us with Defoe, Morelos or new striker, Greg Stewart and Youth players.

Not to mention Lafferty, though he'll likely be away.

I just don't see the value of signing shankland.

Is Shanklin any better than Zak Rudden, or Mebude or McPake. Signing him would only give these players a less of a chance to get near to the first team

Not a chance other than to maybe loan him to another spfl side to see how he does. See if he can damage others and then weaken whatever side it is when coming up against us.

Absolutely not. We are looking to win league title and compete in Europe so need a higher standard than what we currently have. At the moment we have Defoe and Morelos as our options. One of them has played at the top level and scored goals throughout his career whilst the other is a Colombian international with incredible potential. No harm to Shankland but that the level we have and still need to get better. I hope the lad has a brilliant career but he’s not good enough for our ambitions.

The boy is a finisher - a low risk option on low wages. If it doesn't work out then move him on. If it does, you win a watch. We need a solid squad, not just the first 11. We also need to be able to change our game to suit the opponent e.g. Alf isn't known for his aerial ability as a striker and Defoe lacks even more in this regard.

Nope - he’s had a great season but if we are trying to improve our squad and the quality of players in our side then Shankland isn’t part of the solution.

Back