Skeletor saying SPFL season unlikely to be finished and legal advice being sought

Hearts to jump into bed (again) with the filth to avoid relegation and hand them the title. We all know it's coming. People who think they're going to null and void the league must be delirious as a result of this lockdown. They will get what they want, we will come out of it as "sore losers", "insensitive". History tells us this. Prepare for the carve up.

The unfairest outcome of all.

If Hearts are saved from relegation on the basis that the season couldn't complete and relegation hadn't been confirmed, then how can Celtic be awarded a title when they hadn't clinched it? Utterly inconsistent.

Either Celtic are champions and Hearts go down, or the season is null and void. There is no other way.

Of course they won’t. And to be honest I don’t blame them, being honest we would all be going nuts if it was us with the big lead at the top.
Similarly we won’t take them being awarded the title lightly either. And neither will Hearts take being relegated.
The entire thing is an utter mess and will end up in court no matter what.

This is what people are failing to grasp.

Award positions as they stand then at least two clubs, us and hearts take legal action gtd. Possibly clubs fighting for the other euro spot also.

Null and void means legal action from the tims, possibly other clubs depending on how european places are decided, sky tv, bt sport, sponsors and fans groups.

Finish the season means we avoid all this. Or it will rumble on for years and years in courtrooms and with some sets of fans feeling pissed off and threatning to walk away from the game altogether (could be us could be them) and I don't know about you but I can't be arsed with that.

If Hearts are saved from relegation on the basis that the season couldn't complete and relegation hadn't been confirmed, then how can Celtic be awarded a title when they hadn't clinched it? Utterly inconsistent.

Either Celtic are champions and Hearts go down, or the season is null and void. There is no other way.
Just watch. They will get creative.

This is what people are failing to grasp.

Award positions as they stand then at least two clubs, us and hearts take legal action gtd. Possibly clubs fighting for the other euro spot also.

Null and void means legal action from the tims, possibly other clubs depending on how european places are decided, sky tv, bt sport, sponsors and fans groups.

Finish the season means we avoid all this. Or it will rumble on for years and years in courtrooms and with some sets of fans feeling pissed off and threatning to walk away from the game altogether (could be us could be them) and I don't know about you but I can't be arsed with that.

The Mhanks would be pissed off, but on what basis could they take legal action?

They failed to clinch the title in the games that were played, and the season couldn't complete. Why wouldn't the season be null and void given that fact?

If you can't complete a race before anyone has passed the finish line, then there is no winner. The race is void.

Why the league may then be expanded to 14 teams.

Has anybody asked the South Shields manager or anton rogan what we should do ? :p Only way to do it is draw a line under the whole thing and try for next season

obviously celtics lawyers are doing the advising.they wont be asking advise about null and void it will be about what we can do after they award celtic the title

There is a growing understanding among Scottish football clubs that finishing the season is becoming increasingly unlikely due to the spread of Covid-19.

The chances of the season being completed hasn't changed one iota since football has stopped, the modelling has shown for a long time how serious this pandemic is and that the season couldn't be finished.

What has changed is that the blinkers are coming off those who, driven by self-interest, wanted the season to be completed regardless.

The SPFL won't take any decision until a major European league takes a decision that suits the Dhimmy Agenda and let's then say 'we only followed XXXX example and thereby declare the Dhims champions'.

If the Italians, Germans, Spanish, French etc declare no champions then the SPFL will be stumped. No way they will stand on their own on this.

Why the league may then be expanded to 14 teams.

Not if we vote against it. And 14 teams means the money is split 14 ways instead of 12. Why would the smaller clubs in the top flight - Ross County, St Johnstone and Hamilton, for example - vote for that? They need every penny they can get.

Reconstruction is the other possibility.

Although talk of that appears to have died down a bit over the last week or so, not too sure what the script is with voting and required approvals. Perhaps the mhedia lapdogs have checked and realised it’s a non-starter.

The SPFL won't take any decision until a major European league takes a decision that suits the Dhimmy Agenda and let's then say 'we only followed XXXX example and thereby declare the Dhims champions'.

I repeat - the Dhimmys would prefer to be robbed of a title because of the victim status that will award them for years.

The Mhanks would be pissed off, but on what basis could they take legal action?

They failed to clinch the title in the games that were played, and the season couldn't complete. Why wouldn't the season be null and void given that fact?

If you can't complete a race before anyone has passed the finish line, then there is no winner. The race is void.

You're right, but it would definitely be argued about in court and I'd be screaming for us to take it further if the situation was reversed however crass it is considering the bigger picture.

Absolutely no idea how you’ve taken that from my post. No idea. I didn’t suggest in any way that we follow their lead.
I wasn't clear.
You said theres a significance to the epl. Ive said both have significance.
I should've then said you're right about changing the league set up & that we dont have to follow what the epl do

If the Italians, Germans, Spanish, French etc declare no champions then the SPFL will be stumped. No way they will stand on their own on this.

I absolutely do not share your confidence on this point.

Can only be null and void in League. If prize money then divide as is. Don’t forget that we are technically still in the last 16 of Europa Cup which would surely also be void (final 16 divide any prize money equally). Scottish Cup void (If prize money divide equally between possible 4 winners). Unfortunately they still get their ill gotten League Cup. Hopefully a new season can still start in August.

I repeat - the Dhimmys would prefer to be robbed of a title because of the victim status that will award them for years.

Dunno if I'd use the word 'robbed' - but I'd happily revel in their perceived victim status if that's how it panned out. Lets face it, its the one thing they are deserved 'champions' at.

I suspect the legal advice is to ensure that we can't sue the SFA/SPFL along with Hearts.

The League Reconstruction talk that has come from nowhere shows they are looking for any way they can award Shameless FC the title.
It is utterly embarrassing with what’s going on in the world just now.

Null and void is the most straightforward, sensible and fair way to go. No real winners or losers, just a race to be re-run.

There is a growing understanding among Scottish football clubs that finishing the season is becoming increasingly unlikely due to the spread of Covid-19.

Each SPFL side has at least eight games outstanding and the governing bodies are taking legal advice about the best way to conclude the current campaign.

The English Premier League are reportedly exploring a televised, behind-closed-doors event this summer.

However, that is considered fanciful by senior figures in Scotland.

Instead, they are minded to protect next season with as little disruption as possible given new broadcast deals are due to begin.

Clarity could come following more league meetings later this week, but there is now a desire for as little delay as possible.

Individually, clubs are continuing to explore cost-cutting measures, with many already applying for the government job retention scheme.

That would see 80% of players and staff wages being covered up to a maximum of £2,500 per month, but would also leave clubs unable to issue players with training schedules and dietary plans.

The Scottish FA are continuing to look at sources of income in a bid to potentially provide members with short-term loans.

Their focus, for now, is understood to centred around safeguarding the future of clubs.
Put all prize money available into a kitty and divide equally amongst every club

It is utterly embarrassing with what’s going on in the world just now.

100% Gramps

Look at Liverpool. First time winning the league in 30 years but they see the big picture and know that human life means more than football.

The shameless mob across the city have had a PR campaign going for the last 3 weeks (where have we seen that before) to be awarded this title. People can't go and visit family but this mob want a bauble for an incomplete season

100% Gramps

Look at Liverpool. First time winning the league in 30 years but they see the big picture and know that human life means more than football.

The shameless mob across the city have had a PR campaign going for the last 3 weeks (where have we seen that before) to be awarded this title. People can't go and visit family but this mob want a bauble for an incomplete season
The only team on the planet actively pushing for it

Filth

Celtic will not be awarded the title, however, they will be awarded the place in Europe where their current position in the league would give them.
Lawell will protest like %^*&, but secretly be delighted with that outcome. he'll make all kind of protestations to the press and his fans, who will bitch about NIAR, but the Celtic Board couldn't actually give a shite as it's all about the money and the season tickets. Hearts will stay up and Dundee United will be promoted automatically. 2nd and 3rd of the Championship will play off to be promoted.

Sport suspended for humanitarian reasons, watch and wonder how the club like no other handles this situation . Will they act with dignity and decorum or as expected react like the classless skanks we all know they are?

What is their plan if they manage to cheat their way to this year's title anyway? Parade the trophy around an empty piggery?

They are an absolute joke of an organisation. I thought that exploiting Phil O’Donnell's untimely death was as low as they would go but no, they're quite happy to turn their sleekit, evil attentions to using a worldwide pandemic in the shame fashion.

The rules state 38 games. Therefore incomplete. Those are rules that everyone abides by and everyone knows this. Why are they meeting....the rules dictate the ruling. Am I wrong?
Rule 18.8b provides that if celtc Peter, SPFL Peter and SFA Peter don't like the rules then they can ignore them and substitute their own.

Celtic could come out of this with there heads held high by saying they want the league voided with what’s going on just now.
But instead there shameless bastards with there puppets doing the dirty work.

That mob can never be relied on to do the decent and honourable thing. They have much previous for the polar opposite.

8 or 9 games to play means around a month for 2 games a week plus the Scottish Cup if it was to go ahead.

Best case scenario you're looking at the earliest a July behind closed doors end to the current season. You're then playing catch up with pre-season and the league schedule for next season. Nevermind the issues of player contracts expiring before this time.

Or the far more likely outcome where you accept the inevitable and that this will get worse in the coming weeks and football isn't coming back anytime soon.

Scrap the season.

Prize money distributed evenly between every club in the SPFL to give the diddy teams in the seaside leagues a chance of surviving the summer/autumn.

Contracts expire on current dates unless clubs agree to early termination.

When the all clear comes in from the government that teams can train, you start to build a squad and do pre-season ready to start the league campaign fresh and prepared.

Back