MOTM Poll Slavia Praha v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday 11th March - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
As shaky as McGregor was in that 1st half he more than redeemed himself with that save towards the end of the game...WOW, just WOW!

Given our 1st half showing i'm absolutely delighted with a 1-1, still plenty of work to do but i'm a little more confident.

Really good result that. Given ourselves a big chance to go through but wouldn’t rule this lot out either.

imagine a full Ibrox next week!

Thought sparta were excellent 1st half, took us maybe 25 to 30 minutes to start building into it. 2nd half we were by far the better team. Draw probably the right result though we could've took it.

Stanciu is a player and bah is a younger Tavernier, he was really good.

Been reading all about mentally challengeds all day backing them at 7/5 apparently that's stealing money sod them, just got parked up and catching up with this thread, apparently that was some save from Greegsy there.

Much love for Shagger? :))

EA5-FC4-F7-ED85-47-DA-96-DB-501-C47-EF72-EF.png

What a save from Greegs, he dives to the right, he dives to the left.

I selected Patterson as MoM for the fact of his experience at this level and the good game he had.

Well done Rangers .. would have taken that result before the game and even more so after first half hour ... see enough of them to know we can get a goal or 2 at Ibrox..

I’m happy with the result, apart from the first 15 mins we were always in the game. Thought Heander was brilliant tonight, young Patterson got roasted once or twice but never buckled under the pressure and I think he’s going to get better and be top drawer for us. Kent worked hard for the team. I honestly believe we will beat them at Ibrox

Good result away from home,considering the team where on the piss lol.
As usual fancy us to beat them at Ibrox.

Now can we go back to just after they scored and the nonsence getting thrown at McGregor, to the game finishing with him getting a knighthood.

Funny old game indeed.

Well this season on Europe we’ve seen one of the best ever goals AND one of the best ever saves.
I think it’s an omen that we will go far here.

Fantastic result. Puts us in a great position. Make no mistakes, that was a quality team.
Fecking March and not only in Europe but still unbeaten.
This season has been dream like and may get even more remarkable.

Caution here, I ain't a scaremongerer but we got a 1-1 draw in the Scottish cup at sheepville, took m to Ibrox but let ourselves down on the replay night.

I do however realise we are in a far better position than then but it still is there at the back of the mind.

Well done my team tonight.

Good result given the performance. Two evenly matched teams but we had a poor start and rarely got control in midfield. I can feel another Morelos masterclass coming next week.

Thank you Alan McGregor!

Great result and a much better second half from us. That away goal could prove crucial. However there is still a lot of work to do as this mob are a physically strong and organized side. We had chances to win it though despite never really getting our passing game going. We will need to be at our best at Ibrox in the next leg, but we have shown we are capable of it. We showed great character again tonight to claw our way back into it after being comprehensively outplayed in the first half hour. The second half we took it to them a lot more.

MOTM - Helander. Handled everything thrown at him and chipped in with a goal. Outside of the slack marking at their goal, and some pressure down the flanks, I thought we defended quite well tonight. Goldson was also a rock.

Last edited:
We do tend to start slow, sometimes. Same against Benfica, then steadily grow into the game. Good result away from home against a decent Czech side and scored. I’ll take that.

Good performances all round for me. Maybe Hagi a wee bit off the pace.

Man of the match for me - Helander. Even without the goal, statuesque.

They are a good side, however so are we when we play our game and to our strengths we are more than a match for them. Proud of the Gers tonight.

I'd say McGregor is MOTM for the wonderful save.

Hagi is missing from the poll, some people might want to vote him for his wonderful cross to Helander that brought us back into the tie.

Thats a really good result.

Slavia Prague although not a "big name" are a really good team.

It'll be tough at Ibrox and I fancy that mob to score, but I reckon we'll get through.

Excellent result, even more so when we didn't really click going forward most of the night.

I love Rangers teams who just refuse to lose.

And I love Rangers goalkeepers who make miracle saves! That one at the end was every bit as good as anything Goram, Woods, Klos or Shagger himself ever made. It was phenomenal.

Back