Slowest forward line in the league

We barely troubled a backline of Bates and McCrorie ffs.
And Brown as well. It was almost like an exhibition to that knuckle dragging fuckwit.

That alone is embarrassing considering g he was getting scudded left right and centre, home or away against us last season and half of the previous one to that.

We allowed him of all people to stroll around like the cock of the walk. Abysmal.

I like Hagi a lot, but I’m continually bemused by us playing him in a position where he ends up in one of the wide forward positions more often than not given that he’s painfully slow.

Sakala looks quicker but I’m really not seeing what he offers other than running and a lot of clumsy touches. Roofe is quality but looks miles off it, and Wright has a frustrating habit of looking really good in flashes but can often disappear in games.

Too many players in the forward positions just not on it this year or flat out not good enough.

For me the issue isn't necessarily pace, more that we play with 3 players who all want to come short.

At least with Hagi he was trying to get on the ball and make things happen tonight. Roofe done absolutely nothing and if I was Wright or Sakala I'd be chapping the gaffers door to ask why he keeps playing him.

It's so easy to play against an attack that is always in front of you. Sakala might not be great but at least he runs in behind and offers something different.

Yet gets thrown about like a wet paper bag.

How he played the full 90 tonight is beyond me.

As the OP says the front 3 have no real pace. Everything to feet & nothing in behind, Bates, Brown & McCrorie must’ve been pishing themselves at how easy to defend our front 3 were.

They were undone by 2 set plays and we were genuinely lucky to take anything from that game. Insipid performance & an even slower start tonight than on Sunday.
OK let's move away from the ' slight ' issue.

Hagi, and I do agree, didn't have his best game.

How he managed to stay on the park? I'll guess at the reason being is that he can pull something out the bag even when not at his best.

The fact we can't score from open play against Bates and McCrorie is the biggest alarm bell of the season for me, we are in trouble.

OK let's move away from the ' slight ' issue.

Hagi, and I do agree, didn't have his best game.

How he managed to stay on the park? I'll guess at the reason being is that he can pull something out the bag even when not at his best.
The lad could’ve played all night & wouldn’t have contributed anything.

7 games in the league so far, 1 goal & 0 assists (I’ll give him a half assist for the pen against St Mirren). In what world is that good enough for someone who plays in the front 3?

Surely we have enough in our manager and coaching staff to see something is not working, it's not as if they are novices.
They obviously don’t see the issue we are crying out for a centre forward who’s good in the air , a proper winger and a midfielder who goes box to box and likes a pop at goal . We have never got these players in the door . We have loads of number 10s who play in wide areas and want to come in the park all the time as they don’t have the pace to go on the outside

They obviously don’t see the issue we are crying out for a centre forward who’s good in the air , a proper winger and a midfielder who goes box to box and likes a pop at goal . We have never got these players in the door . We have loads of number 10s who play in wide areas and want to come in the park all the time as they don’t have the pace to go on the outside
I'm glad someone agrees with the centre forward, think we are the only team in the league who doesn't have one.

It is;

Kent / Wright / Sakala

Morelos / Roofe / Sakala

Aribo / Hagi / Sakala

That has to be our frontline options.

It is Roofe OR Morelos for me. Not both. Aribo has always been best in the front line as opposed to MF all be it, he has been one of our better players in recent weeks while playing CM.

Can someone please explain to me why we keep persisting with a front 3 that have absolutely no pace whatsoever? Morelos creates nothing, everything bobbles off him. Roofe offers pretty much nothing, basically just a poacher. Hagi slow, weak, predictable.

Wright comes on and beats McCrorie then puts a dangerous all across within a few minutes. 2 Centre Mids playing wing back for them and we don’t try to isolate them out wide! We instead play 2 ineffective inside 10s who offer absolutely nothing all game.

I’m done with Hagi. It’s hard to believe someone so slight is that slow. Being that small and weak combined with being slower than a week in the jail will stop him from ever being the player he thinks he is. Why did we keep letting him take corners?

A horrendous performance on a very emotional night.

We’ll not win a single trophy if this doesn’t change drastically and sharpish.
Hagi is toeing a caravan. Could be a player of he sat picking passes but id cash on him and bring in someone else who can move. Hagi is so slow it actually looks like hes caught off guard all the time he can sort his feet out

The lad could’ve played all night & wouldn’t have contributed anything.

7 games in the league so far, 1 goal & 0 assists (I’ll give him a half assist for the pen against St Mirren). In what world is that good enough for someone who plays in the front 3?
I was only giving my reason why I thought he stayed on the park.

Again, he didn't have a great night but he certainly wasn't the only one.

I believe if the 5 sub rule was still in operation, SG would has used them all.

I was only giving my reason why I thought he stayed on the park.

Again, he didn't have a great night but he certainly wasn't the only one.

I believe if the 5 sub rule was still in operation, SG would has used them all.
Sorry but IF my aunt had baws she’d be my uncle …

Every one knew at the start of the season it was 3 subs, so it’s a baseless argument.

He’s barely 5’10”.

One thing he is, is slow as a week in jail. Looks like he’s wading through treacle.
Going by his on line stats he's 5 ft 11.654 inches...
Hahaha
And to be honest, there is some serious agitation on here because I had the temerity to question Hagi being described as ' slight'. Weird.

Can someone please explain to me why we keep persisting with a front 3 that have absolutely no pace whatsoever? Morelos creates nothing, everything bobbles off him. Roofe offers pretty much nothing, basically just a poacher. Hagi slow, weak, predictable.

Wright comes on and beats McCrorie then puts a dangerous all across within a few minutes. 2 Centre Mids playing wing back for them and we don’t try to isolate them out wide! We instead play 2 ineffective inside 10s who offer absolutely nothing all game.

I’m done with Hagi. It’s hard to believe someone so slight is that slow. Being that small and weak combined with being slower than a week in the jail will stop him from ever being the player he thinks he is. Why did we keep letting him take corners?

A horrendous performance on a very emotional night.

We’ll not win a single trophy if this doesn’t change drastically and sharpish.
You will get the managers job, as your spot on.

That's how I said ' STILL '.
The only reason Hagi is even near the first 11 is because Kent is injured (who also started the season dreadfully).

FWIW none of the front 3 are playing well this season. Morelos getting MOTM made me laugh out loud it was so ridiculous.

Hahaha
And to be honest, there is some serious agitation on here because I had the temerity to question Hagi being described as ' slight'. Weird.

Found a page that has him listed as 5’9” and a half, he really doesn’t look like a 6 footer.

I’m not fussed anyway mate, the issue for me is his lack of constancy and the fact he’s painfully slow which means when he’s used in a manner like tonight he’s not much use.

I like Hagi a lot, but I’m continually bemused by us playing him in a position where he ends up in one of the wide forward positions more often than not given that he’s painfully slow.

Sakala looks quicker but I’m really not seeing what he offers other than running and a lot of clumsy touches. Roofe is quality but looks miles off it, and Wright has a frustrating habit of looking really good in flashes but can often disappear in games.

Too many players in the forward positions just not on it this year or flat out not good enough.

Sakala to me is nothing more than a pacy striker yet we seem hellbent on playing him wide left and nowhere else. He's never a winger in a million years.

Hagi IMO is an 8 who is being shoehorned into a wide right position where his lack of pace continually sets us back.

It simply has to be a front 3 of

Kent
Morelos or Roofe
Wright

One striker and pace down both sides . If hagi plays it has to be at the top of the midfield . His lack of pace means he’s absolutely wasted at wide 10

If the manager insists on playing Roofe and Morelos it has to be in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or any variation with 2 out and out strikers to leave space down the wings for the full backs or Kent to run into without the strikers drifting wide

The only reason Hagi is even near the first 11 is because Kent is injured (who also started the season dreadfully).

FWIW none of the front 3 are playing well this season. Morelos getting MOTM made me laugh out loud it was so ridiculous.
And neither are our defence.

All this back and forth because I said Hagi isn't slight...

No creativity from midfield, a weak front line, and leaking goal at the back. Don't want to sound too negative but not the sign of Champions.
Badly need injured players to return (on form) and 3 or 4 of our experienced players to fucking sort it their form!

Scored a double against the mhanks when we dismantled them last season? Some cunts have short memories. Who's your answer then?
I’m taking about this season. A double against Celtic last year doesn’t help us now . Everyone piles onto Morelos , Hagi , Aribo , and yet Roofe seems to escape without being questioned. He was abysmal and has been all season

Hahaha
Honestly who gives a %^*& if he's 5'10 or 5'11 and a half? I'm 5'9 and can tie a couple of my 6 foot plus pals in knots. He could be 5'1 or 6'10, the fact is that he is weirdly slow and fairly easily pushed off the ball. For a fairly young boy that is clearly in good shape and athletic, he's painfully slow. Some players don't gave the physical attributes, but have the technical gift. Hagi is struggling to show either atm.

I’m taking about this season. A double against Celtic last year doesn’t help us now . Everyone piles onto Morelos , Hagi , Aribo , and yet Roofe seems to escape without being questioned. He was abysmal and has been all season
If this season is your basis then you'd be as well lining up the entire squad. We've been dire to a man this season.

Although Morelos scored his first touch has been awful the majority of the time this season. Roofe and Hagi have also been poor in most of the games
Morelos was awful again tonight, although he wasn't alone. Scored from a set piece, which was the only way we were scoring tonight. Our strikers barely look capable of getting a chance in open play. Roofe too.

I don't know who told Hagi he was two footed... his left footed corners are embarrassing.

H

We absolutely not immune. He's been far from spectacular, but he's also a million miles from the root of our problems.
He’s part of a front line who have failed to score three goals in any game of our last THIRTEEN games ffs . Far from the root ? He’s right at the centre of it along with Morelos

The lack of pace up front is alarming. Hagi obviously has zero pace, Alfie even worse, Roofe, reasonable pace but was running about like a headless chicken tonight.

The lack of chemistry between Alfie and Roofe is very worrying. It’s as if they don’t like playing with each other. The lack of movement and pressing from Alfie has dropped off markedly.

We haven’t managed to score three goals in any of our last thirteen matches . Can’t remember any Rangers team in history managing that kind of profligacy in front of goal
Agreed, it's an absolutely shocking statistic. But this isn't 1960 anymore. A modern progressive football teams goals come from all over the park, not just a forward line. Our captain and full back has went from averaging 1 goal in ever 2.42 games last season, to one in 8 this season. And of his 2 goals this season one was a penalty tonight. We've been dire all over the pitch, the forward line haven't been great but we have far bigger problems.

Honestly who gives a %^*& if he's 5'10 or 5'11 and a half? I'm 5'9 and can tie a couple of my 6 foot plus pals in knots. He could be 5'1 or 6'10, the fact is that he is weirdly slow and fairly easily pushed off the ball. For a fairly young boy that is clearly in good shape and athletic, he's painfully slow. Some players don't gave the physical attributes, but have the technical gift. Hagi is struggling to show either atm.
Again. I never said he wasn't slow.

And again. Some right weird reactions on here for me only pointing out, IMO, that Hagi isn't slight.

Again. I never said he wasn't slow.

And again. Some right weird reactions on here for me only pointing out, IMO, that Hagi isn't slight.
The weirdest thing is your Donald Findlay like defence of his possible height/build after we've had yet another shocker and dropped more points. But it's 2021, whatever keeps you happy man.

Again. I never said he wasn't a hunk (if that's what makes you happy). But he is shockingly underwhelming in the athleticism stakes for a guy playing in an attacking role in a high profile football team in 2021.

Agreed, it's an absolutely shocking statistic. But this isn't 1960 anymore. A modern progressive football teams goals come from all over the park, not just a forward line. Our captain and full back has went from averaging 1 goal in ever 2.42 games last season, to one in 8 this season. And of his 2 goals this season one was a penalty tonight. We've been dire all over the pitch, the forward line haven't been great but we have far bigger problems.
But you still expect your front players to deliver the majority of your goals Gerrard said it himself , my point originated from the fact that Kemar Roofe for me isn’t doing enough in that regard and has little or no influence in any game this season . At what point does the guy have a spell in the bench ?

Back