Slowest forward line in the league

On the subject of Roofe, that was a baffling headed attempt at goal tonight when he broke clean through.

Just had to guide it over the keeper but seemed to totally lose track of where he was.

When you look at 4-3-3s in other sides of old and current, theres always at least 2 pacey players and a striker or 3 pacey players. Never 3 slow as fck players. See liverpool for example, two lightning quick players and firmino, peps barca, PSG at the moment, the scum (unfortunately). The right side of the attack needs a Kent equivalent so we can play Kent, Morelos or Roofe then kent equivalent, not sure why this hasn’t been addressed by the management tbh. Ross Wilson has a lot to answer for.

Think the OP is very harsh on Hagi, he’s one of only a few in the team that has the vision to pick out a forward, he’d be thriving in this team if he had better movement around him.

We haven’t managed to score three goals in any of our last thirteen matches . Can’t remember any Rangers team in history managing that kind of profligacy in front of goal
Have mentioned this before.
Why do we always have to try and score the World Cup goal.
Just hit the fckn target .
Its our lack of goals that is the problem ,albeit tonight our defence was awful.

The only reason Hagi is even near the first 11 is because Kent is injured (who also started the season dreadfully).

FWIW none of the front 3 are playing well this season. Morelos getting MOTM made me laugh out loud it was so ridiculous.

It actually pissed me off a bit tbh. Who decides it?

On the subject of Roofe, that was a baffling headed attempt at goal tonight when he broke clean through.

Just had to guide it over the keeper but seemed to totally lose track of where he was.

There was another one in the second half where someone played a good through ball to him but by the time Roofe ran on to it and decided what to do it was too late. Piss poor.

It actually pissed me off a bit tbh. Who decides it?

There was another one in the second half where someone played a good through ball to him but by the time Roofe ran on to it and decided what to do it was too late. Piss poor.
Yep, had to get the shot off much quicker.

The fact we can't score from open play against Bates and McCrorie is the biggest alarm bell of the season for me, we are in trouble.
McCrorie played well imo altho he lost out to two or three aerial jousts to CG which many others do . He could be doing with more body power to help him in that regard but I don’t recall anyone beating him much or out witting him either .

Imo clearly a better option than our current 4th choice

I thought Hagi was good again, at least he plays like he cares.

Baffling decision to take Roofe off when Morelos was trying to throw digs at Brown.

Chasing a goal we need them both on the pitch and it’s that simple.

Hard to imagine there being a slower team from midfield to attack at any decent level than us. It's only gotten worse since Kent was injured. One of Wright or Sakala have to be on the pitch until he gets back. The team that started today besides Bassey wouldn't have beat a granny who needs a walker 1v1
We are slow all over the park. Slow on the sidelines too. No urgency and no passion. A Rangers team levelling with ten mins to go at home should be going all guns blazing for a winner, but this lot just seemed to settle for coming back from behind for the draw.

Can't argue with the Hagi comment, he's the slowest Rangers forward I've ever seen. Maybe he'd do better as a sub?

Hagi gets the freedom of the park to wander around where he wants TBH.
For me Hagi is an attack minded midfielder. He should not be in the forward line. Also, if he's struggling he will have a stinker so better to sub him or have him as a sub.

For me Hagi is an attack minded midfielder. He should not be in the forward line. Also, if he's struggling he will have a stinker so better to sub him or have him as a sub.
I think he gets a hell of a lot of freedom to be whatever he wants to be during games, even when he lines up as part of the “3” on the tactics graphic before games

He is allowed to drift a lot do a lot of 10 work, pick passes etc, he just on occasion can really stink the joint out

His poor performances can be really bad, thought he was rotten tonight.

Why Gerrard doesn't even entertain a tweak in his system to inject pace, at home, into the forward line is beyond me.

Wright on the left, Aribo on the right with Morelos and Roofe up front against Bates-Brown-McCrorie.

We'd be 4 points clear.

Aye, only the guy that has 26 goals in 51 appearances for us and bailed us out against liege and benfica with wonder goals. Fucking crackpots on here tonight.
It’s through the looking glass stuff mate. Either filth supporters mixing it or unhinged by not winning every game at a canter.

Probably the same lot that were on here after every draw last season wanting players strung up.

Morelos was awful again tonight, although he wasn't alone. Scored from a set piece, which was the only way we were scoring tonight. Our strikers barely look capable of getting a chance in open play. Roofe too.

I don't know who told Hagi he was two footed... his left footed corners are embarrassing.

Part of me is starting to think Hagi just does that for show, because there really does seem to be a difference in quality between his right footed and left footed deliveries.

Aye, only the guy that has 26 goals in 51 appearances for us and bailed us out against liege and benfica with wonder goals. Fucking crackpots on here tonight.
Michu was a one season wonder for swansea then was ultimately guff after

Just because Roofe had one “good season” doesn’t make him the answer going forward

What did Morelos do wrong ? Scored with the first decent cross into the box. Pish poor service To him all night after that. No wonder he finds himself dragged out of possession.
What Morelos doesn't do is move with any urgency, he's as slow as %^*& and ambles about the pitch.
He scored cos the ball came directly to him, outwith that he offers nothing at this moment in time.

Post of the night.
3 slowest players at the club playing v Bates and McCrorie.

Take off Lundstram (no matter what anyone says he’s awful off the ball) and then we drop Aribo back who was our most creative player!!

We never looked liked scoring and I was amazed we equalised tbh.

Awful performance.
Summed up with our MOM… really struggling to get one
The manager does this a lot when things are not going well dropping Aribo back,i dont get it hes consistently our biggest threat going forward the one who can make a chance.

Because the pace alternative includes Wright and Sakala?

Sakala who came on and won us a penalty in the space of a few minutes?

He gets a hard time on here and I agree that his end product isn't great, but he offers a freshness and directness to the team that nobody else does.

He deserves a start.

Let’s be honest, we’ll probably turn up at Fir Park with the same side and play the same way.

Back