Slowest forward line in the league

Blue Seafarer

Can someone please explain to me why we keep persisting with a front 3 that have absolutely no pace whatsoever? Morelos creates nothing, everything bobbles off him. Roofe offers pretty much nothing, basically just a poacher. Hagi slow, weak, predictable.

Wright comes on and beats McCrorie then puts a dangerous all across within a few minutes. 2 Centre Mids playing wing back for them and we don’t try to isolate them out wide! We instead play 2 ineffective inside 10s who offer absolutely nothing all game.

I’m done with Hagi. It’s hard to believe someone so slight is that slow. Being that small and weak combined with being slower than a week in the jail will stop him from ever being the player he thinks he is. Why did we keep letting him take corners?

A horrendous performance on a very emotional night.

We’ll not win a single trophy if this doesn’t change drastically and sharpish.

I agree with what you’re meaning our team seem very very slow.

Sakala, Wright and kent are our only fast paced game players and two of them aren’t even in the first 11 most weeks.

Can someone please explain to me why we keep persisting with a front 3 that have absolutely no pace whatsoever? Morelos creates nothing, everything bobbles off him. Roofe offers pretty much nothing, basically just a poacher. Hagi slow, weak, predictable.

Wright comes on and beats McCrorie then puts a dangerous all across within a few minutes. 2 Centre Mids playing wing back for them and we don’t try to isolate them out wide! We instead play 2 ineffective inside 10s who offer absolutely nothing all game.

I’m done with Hagi. It’s hard to believe someone so slight is that slow. Being that small and weak combined with being slower than a week in the jail will stop him from ever being the player he thinks he is. Why did we keep letting him take corners?

Post of the night.
3 slowest players at the club playing v Bates and McCrorie.

Take off Lundstram (no matter what anyone says he’s awful off the ball) and then we drop Aribo back who was our most creative player!!

We never looked liked scoring and I was amazed we equalised tbh.

Awful performance.
Summed up with our MOM… really struggling to get one

Hard to imagine there being a slower team from midfield to attack at any decent level than us. It's only gotten worse since Kent was injured. One of Wright or Sakala have to be on the pitch until he gets back. The team that started today besides Bassey wouldn't have beat a granny who needs a walker 1v1

We have the slowest team in the uk id imagine

Don't know about the UK mate but I agree that we are so slow coming out with the ball and allow the opposition to get their formation back.

Last season we were the aggressive , attacking team putting balls into the box from everywhere.

This season we have nobody willing to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team forward.

Any coincidence that this all came about at the same time as Ryan Jack's injury ?

Roofe is not the answer. Absolutely terrible this season
Roofe is the elephant in the room and yet seems to escape criticism every time. He was worse than diabolical tonight , what were those two “ attempts” all about in the first half ? The header was a good chance I’ve no idea what he was attempting. Time and again he doesn’t do anything constructive on that park and yet I’ll get replies telling me he’s the best striker at the club.

If he’s the best we are in trouble is all I can say.

You think that wright is the answer over Morelos Roofe and hagi?
Amazing.

The full team has not one ounce of pace .

Roofe is the elephant in the room and yet seems to escape criticism every time. He was worse than diabolical tonight , what were those two “ attempts” all about in the first half ? The header was a good chance I’ve no idea what he was attempting. Time and again he doesn’t do anything constructive on that park and yet I’ll get replies telling me he’s the best striker at the club.

If he’s the best we are in trouble is all I can say.
Scored a double against the mhanks when we dismantled them last season? Some cunts have short memories. Who's your answer then?

Absolutely mental we played that front 3 against a team that play a high line on a massive pitch.

Gerrard and some of his players have let the fans and Walter down with that tonight.
The game was crying out for pace, don’t understand why beale,gerrard,mccallister can’t make a sub early like its no difficult to see it. Utter dross from the managemenr team - again

Hagi slight!?
He's 6 feet and about 12.5 stone.
Yet gets thrown about like a wet paper bag.

How he played the full 90 tonight is beyond me.

As the OP says the front 3 have no real pace. Everything to feet & nothing in behind, Bates, Brown & McCrorie must’ve been pishing themselves at how easy to defend our front 3 were.

They were undone by 2 set plays and we were genuinely lucky to take anything from that game. Insipid performance & an even slower start tonight than on Sunday.

What did Morelos do wrong ? Scored with the first decent cross into the box. Pish poor service To him all night after that. No wonder he finds himself dragged out of possession.

The game was crying out for pace, don’t understand why beale,gerrard,mccallister can’t make a sub early like its no difficult to see it. Utter dross from the managemenr team - again

Tend to agree, if its due to options then questions need asked. We are so 1 directional and predictable.

Is Hagi even a forward, I might be wrong but I always thought he was a midfielder, but has been lumped up front.

We set up so narrow in attack that close control and touch is more important than speed, that's why he favours the more technical player imo.

We need to ditch the two 10s nonsense and play with quicker wide players, hugging the touchline and stretching the game. I want to see our skilful players one on one out wide, not our full backs or our centre mids.

Roofe’s new found Jamaican roots will do us and him no favours in the long run. He’s barely able to string a run of games together as it is.

We badly miss Kent but it’s criminal we’ve left ourselves with no pace in the team other than Sakala who looks like a rabbit in the headlights most of the time.

Last edited:
Back