So, we win 55....what do we do?

On Hogmanay I went online to order fireworks in anticipation of winning the league this year (belts and braces they would’ve kept another year or so I told myself not to jinx things)

I started of by adding a few rockets to my basket and then some different ones that were on offer and so you got some free.

Checked the basket and the total was 55 rockets. This was a sign - like when you randomly stop the petrol pump and it reads £55 it lets you know all is right with the world.

Was a few hundred pounds as some were pretty decent. More than I wanted to spend but - Hey Ho - well through the second bottle of Rioja and the family yet to arrive - so clicked and purchased.

Who am I to deny the gods of fate?

Transaction showed as pending on bank account and only one auto acknowledgment from company down south - so thought might be pulled for some reason (eg can’t buy fireworks after new year).

Wednesday 06 Jan I happen to be working from home in the afternoon and there is a Luton van outside with a tail lift. Put it down to the neighbours getting a new fridge or something. Door bell goes and the delivery guy has several boxes - all six foot high / on a pallet truck.

Whats’s this I ask?
Delivery guy says “...not sure but it says Fireworks

Jesus - I’ve bought display type rockets. !!

Now stacked at the back of the garage and out of sight. Mrs (no pics) will go mental when I set the first off. She’ll be apoplectic when I set another off for every league won.

And any poet neighbour can admire the display.

If its at Ibrox, I'll drive there at time up, park the car nearby, walk round the stadium, subway into town, walk round George Square, subway to Ibrox , drive home and get pushed.

Not sure about the whole George Sq thing. Given restrictions might be softened by then, you have the traffic, workers, shoppers, families etc will be about, and might end up in carnage. George Sq would not be big enough anyway. We don’t want it to end up like the Tims last year, with Glasgow looking like a war zone afterwards.

If we win it, and there are still heavy restrictions on place, then we could wait to celebrate it at the end of the season, last home game. Open top bus along Edmiston Drive and around the stadium. Maybe a gathering at the bottom of Bellahouston or Glasgow Green, if we can’t get into the stadium?

Lets just win the thing first though!!
No better place for a celebratory sashbash than George Square in the Centre of our city, absolutely no regards to all the poets and other assorted rangers haters who inhabit glasgow. Remind them of reality, this is our city, always has been always will be.

personally for maximum tears and seethe i would hope it is nothing but a union jack fest with unadultered surround sound loyalist bile from tens of thousands of bears for a full 48 hours. A wee cameo from the Harthill Loyalists wouldnt be unwelcome.

I’ve got my King Billy gin and the Laudrup gin that won’t be getting opened until we clinch the league, so I’ll be having a drink from each of them.

On Hogmanay I went online to order fireworks in anticipation of winning the league this year (belts and braces they would’ve kept another year or so I told myself not to jinx things)

I started of by adding a few rockets to my basket and then some different ones that were on offer and so you got some free.

Checked the basket and the total was 55 rockets. This was a sign - like when you randomly stop the petrol pump and it reads £55 it lets you know all is right with the world.

Was a few hundred pounds as some were pretty decent. More than I wanted to spend but - Hey Ho - well through the second bottle of Rioja and the family yet to arrive - so clicked and purchased.

Who am I to deny the gods of fate?

Transaction showed as pending on bank account and only one auto acknowledgment from company down south - so thought might be pulled for some reason (eg can’t buy fireworks after new year).

Wednesday 06 Jan I happen to be working from home in the afternoon and there is a Luton van outside with a tail lift. Put it down to the neighbours getting a new fridge or something. Door bell goes and the delivery guy has several boxes - all six foot high / on a pallet truck.

Whats’s this I ask?
Delivery guy says “...not sure but it says Fireworks

Jesus - I’ve bought display type rockets. !!

Now stacked at the back of the garage and out of sight. Mrs (no pics) will go mental when I set the first off. She’ll be apoplectic when I set another off for every league won.

And any poet neighbour can admire the display.
Just attach her to one of the rockets and you’ve got the place to yourself :):)B-)

I’ve started thinking about what would happen if we clinched it at an away game, having been at Easter Road in 75 and Tannadice in 76.
Anywhere other than the Piggery, if there’s still no crowds allowed, I can see the place being invaded by Bears with thousands around the stadium. Even if it’s Dingwall.

No matter what restrictions are in place, there will be a party in George Square. The centre of our city reclaimed.
I would love to see that but I also don’t want it to happen if one single bear becomes ill!!!

No better place for a celebratory sashbash than George Square in the Centre of our city, absolutely no regards to all the poets and other assorted Rangers haters who inhabit glasgow. Remind them of reality, this is our city, always has been always will be.

personally for maximum tears and seethe i would hope it is nothing but a union jack fest with unadultered surround sound loyalist bile from tens of thousands of bears for a full 48 hours. A wee cameo from the Harthill Loyalists wouldnt be unwelcome.
If I was 20 years younger I would probably agree but I am getting far too sensible as I get older :p:p

@Greg Marshall the play list at Ibrox needs to be ready for the day 55 arrives.

1. 4 lads had a dream...55 titles were still going strong

2. Live it up

3. Come on over to my place

4. We are the champions

5. Swing low sweet chariot. Stevie's stopped 10 in a row

6. Glasgow Rangers Champions

7. Every Saturday we Follow

8. Oh Here we go....Jermain Defoe

9. Saturday Night

10. Welcome to the party

11. Stand up for the champions.

12. We've got the battle fever on.

13. American Pie

Plus a few other classics

Last edited:
Someone from my supporters club chat...
"I think we should all let off Chinese Lanterns that night and fill the sky for them all to see" what a sight that would be!!
That’s the winner with every one letting them off at 7-55.

I’d like an organised tie a scarf round a pole or random item in the street to also turn Glasgow blue the day it’s won.
I’d enjoy getting up griffiths and every single one of them

I have vouchers to use with easyJet so regarding on what rules they’ve chucked at us a wee trip to Glasgow will be on the cards, my mum, stepdad, uncle etc are all on the same way of thinking as we were supposed to go last year for my stepdads birthday. I would say the scenes will be something else

Someone from my supporters club chat...
"I think we should all let off Chinese Lanterns that night and fill the sky for them all to see" what a sight that would be!!

Operation Tango style, concerted effort at specific time would be immense.

Bears everywhere could join in , what a sight!

If we win the league-

The foundations of the City Chambers will be rocking to the bounce of ‘We Shall Not Be Moved.’

Everyone should do their bit, inflatables, hats, anything red, white and blue, you name it.

Glasgow will be our fucking carnival for the night.
Inflatable sharks under arm

Let us think of the Bears that never got to see us add to the 54th.
My cousin passed away at the end of last year, massive supporter who would have absolutely loved to have seen it but his memory will live on with his close friends, and wee brother who will be celebrating no doubt enough for themselves and for him. I would say a lot of drinks will get raised to those no longer with us xx

It's going to be a strange one as I can't see any gatherings being allowed. I'm sure there will be a big campaign nearer the time to tell us to stay at home. I wouldn't put it past the league or Sturgeon to threaten us with something extreme.

For me the way things are going the night we win the league as I won't be in Scotland Ill be having a drink on my todd probably greetin

Like thousands others I plan to fly back for the final day, come May hopefully restrictions are eased massively and then we will have an absolute party, cannot wait

I would like to see the three three bears and Craig Houston take a bow on the pitch introduced by the likes of Andy Gray .
Loads of raramataz and glory ... make a big deal of what we,ve been through .

Think it's very unlikely that mass gatherings will be permitted by the time we get to April/May. Though there's a fair chance of the boozers being open.

Back