Solanke – Not Not Happening

I’ve got a good feeling that Solanke will join on loan and if we move Windass or another on we’ll also get a better standard of midfielder in. Plus a CB, as we’re clearly in for one of them, and job done!

That's not the first time that has happened either.

The expectations on this lad if he comes are utterly without any base in reality.

We need to pull a Jelavic esque signing out the bag to give us a real chance of challenging. Someone who's been scoring goals fairly regularly at a reasonable level, like Jelavic was at the time. I understand it's not an easy task.

Is this guy any good, has anyone seen this lad, who say's we are after the guy, is it all rumour and conjecture?

We need to pull a Jelavic esque signing out the bag to give us a real chance of challenging. Someone who's been scoring goals fairly regularly at a reasonable level, like Jelavic was at the time. I understand it's not an easy task.

How about the lad who was on loan from Roma to NAC Breda in the Dutch top flight that scored 10 in 12 games Sadiq. Available on loan again? :rolleyes:

Solanke needs to get a season playing first team football in him now. His career is in danger of stagnation otherwise. I know nothing but I would like to think we’ve a decent shout of getting him.

The Sun article is a load of nonsense.

*5 in 12 games

I think it's highly unlikely Sadiq is hitting 20+ goals for us. Some of his finishes make Morelos look clinical. Never say never but I wouldn't be banking on put it that way..

Only one way to find out. End of the day Gerrard has played with Suarez, Torres among other great Strikers and highly rates the lad, nothing to say he won't come in and breeze it here.

We need far better than Solanke to challenge. Another young, inconsistent forward is of no use to us. He's massively over-hyped on here. I'd go as far to say Morelos is a better player.

Bloody hell. Morelos wouldn't even get on the bench for Liverpool's reserves, never mind play 20 odd games in the Premier League for them.

We could do with a bit of luck with Sadiq. Hopefully settles in quickly and gets an early goal as we can't rely on Morelos at the moment.

Im hoping sadiq is going to give us some unpredictability and be hard to play against but i really dont see him being prolific.

From my admittedly limited knowledge of him i think if we get 10 goals over the course of the league season we will be doing well.

Hope im wrong and he hits 20-25 but i dont tbink i will be far away.

Your living on a different planet if you think solanke is coming anywhere near this league.. same as harry wilson unfortunately. Would love to see the big man up here as well.

Looks like Solanke is staying at Anfield this season,according to the Scottish Sun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...ic-solanke-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-100million/

From what I know, Solanke is probably going to happen. Depends on a few things at anfield which look like will probably go our way. It's agreed that he will probably go on loan and if he does he's coming here. I sent a message to Dingwall on here earlier and haven't heard back. If admin want the source they can Pm me, I have solid proof of my source and of the info I have just given. 100% accurate info, source could not be any better.

Last edited:
From what I know solanke is probably going to happen. Depends on a few things at anfield which look like will probably go our way. It's agreed that he will probably go on loan and and if he does he's coming here. I tried sending a message to Dingwall on here earlier about this and my source and he hasn't replied. Any of admin want the source they can Pm me and if they aren't happy with the proof I provide them they can ban me - which won't be the case cos this couldn't be any more reliable tbh

If @KopGer likes your post, I’m getting my strip ordered with solanke on it.

Read my above post.

This article is one of the worst I have read. The only chance we have of getting Solanke is if he isn’t sold, as if he was sold he would be going for over 10 million, with the way the English market is going. The only way we can get him is on loan. Liverpool will add to their strike force thus making Solanke available on loan.

From what I know, Solanke is probably going to happen. Depends on a few things at anfield which look like will probably go our way. It's agreed that he will probably go on loan and if he does he's coming here. I sent a message to Dingwall on here earlier and haven't heard back. If admin want the source they can Pm me, I have solid proof of my source and of the info I have just given. 100% accurate info, source could not be any better.
Solanke may be but on loan to an english club.its not certain that if he goes on loan it will be to rangers.

Solanke may be but on loan to an english club.its not certain that if he goes on loan it will be to rangers.
True but if we get past this next Europa hurdle Liverpool should be close to knowing what they have and want. One more qualifier and he’d be playing in the Europa League group stage which would be a big bonus for Rangers, Liverpool and Solanke.

It never was happening anyway.
It was another us signing Danny ings fantasy, he'd easily get a loan to a premiership team or top end championship team

It is very unlikely he will be anywhere but rangers. It's all pretty much agreed in principle between the player and the 2 clubs that if he goes on loan it will be rangers. Nothing is a cert until it's signed. But it's unlikely he won't be here by mid august.

It is very unlikely he will be anywhere but rangers. It's all pretty much agreed in principle between the player and the 2 clubs that if he goes on loan it will be rangers. Nothing is a cert until it's signed. But it's unlikely he won't be here by mid august.
No reason to doubt you mate as like your goodself i posted what i was told in good faith.the guy i got it from is a relative of a well known ex liverpool player and he was bang on the money about harry wilson and where he would end up.

True but if we get past this next Europa hurdle Liverpool should be close to knowing what they have and want. One more qualifier and he’d be playing in the Europa League group stage which would be a big bonus for Rangers, Liverpool and Solanke.
Thats very true mate.only posting what i was told and the guy i got it from was bang on the money about harry wilson.

My take on the situation is that, if he goes out on loan and doesn't go to an English club, then he may very well come to Ibrox.

The thread headline is correct - there’s not a chance in hell we get this lad on loan.

He’s well past that stage in his development.

We actually have another qualifying round after Maribor you know

So it simpler terms...

He probably will 100% come, probably?

Probably.

We need far better than Solanke to challenge. Another young, inconsistent forward is of no use to us. He's massively over-hyped on here. I'd go as far to say Morelos is a better player.

Having watched him on Liverpool T.V. a couple of times, i think your assessment of him is bang on, as i don't think he would be an improvement to what we already have.
In fact im sorry to say this, but i think Morelos is a better player than Solanke, as he runs about doing very little, and wouldn't give us anything different to what weve got.
Im now putting on my tin hat now, as i would rather have a rough and tumble type striker like Louis Moult or the guy that inherited his position at Motherwell i.e.Curtis Main, you may laugh but he knows how to rough up the hammer throwers in the SPFl.and can score goals.
And always plays well against the soapdodgers.imo.

Having watched him on Liverpool T.V. a couple of times, i think your assessment of him is bang on, as i don't think he would be an improvement to what we already have.
In fact im sorry to say this, but i think Morelos is a better player than Solanke, as he runs about doing very little, and wouldn't give us anything different to what weve got.
Im now putting on my tin hat now, as i would rather have a rough and tumble type striker like Louis Moult or the guy that inherited his position at Motherwell i.e.Curtis Main, you may laugh but he knows how to rough up the hammer throwers in the SPFl.and can score goals.
And always plays well against the soapdodgers.imo.

You think Louis Moult, a guy who can’t get a game for Preston North End, is a better signing option than a guy with a full England cap and Champions league/premier league appearances. The most ridiculous thing I’ve seen written.

Back