Solanke – Not Not Happening

Having watched him on Liverpool T.V. a couple of times, i think your assessment of him is bang on, as i don't think he would be an improvement to what we already have.
In fact im sorry to say this, but i think Morelos is a better player than Solanke, as he runs about doing very little, and wouldn't give us anything different to what weve got.
Im now putting on my tin hat now, as i would rather have a rough and tumble type striker like Louis Moult or the guy that inherited his position at Motherwell i.e.Curtis Main, you may laugh but he knows how to rough up the hammer throwers in the SPFl.and can score goals.
And always plays well against the soapdodgers.imo.

This could easily be describing Jon Daly a few years ago.

I'm all in, let's get a combative midfielder that can handle the 'SPFL hammer throwers', someone not afraid to get stuck in, an Ian Black type if you will.

I don't believe a word the sun prints apart from the date on the front cover.
I do hope however this lad is not coming to us. Too inconsistent for our needs .

The scouser's all hate anything to do with Sun.and seemingly the club dosen't speak to them.That came from relatives down there, and there staunch Pool. fans.

Solanke will not be sold but a loan option may still be possible. The lad is low in confidence and I would not rule out this being discussed in next two or three weeks with Gerrard.

He is unlikely to get much game time as Sturrudge is being given another chance and they now have another winger/attacker in Shaqiri.

Can we really trust a single word the sun says about Liverpool? I very much doubt they'll have a reliable inside source.

Liverpool F.C. hate the Sun newspaper, and so do their fans, so can forget about anything they print, unless they heard it from some other source.

Solanke will not be sold but a loan option may still be possible. The lad is low in confidence and I would not rule out this being discussed in next two or three weeks with Gerrard.

He is unlikely to get much game time as Sturrudge is being given another chance and they now have another winger/attacker in Shaqiri.

To be honest ive watched the boy on Liverpool T.V. and he looks powder puff to me.Morelos looks a far better player, so it dosen't say much about Solanke does it.?

If Solanke doesn’t come to us it’s certainly a black eye to a lot of posters on FF

By the way I’m not calling out the ITK posters who in the main I believe post what they have heard in good faith

Solanke confidence is low, he was a rising star at Chelsea and with England teams.
Liverpool still have high hopes for him.

He needs a run of games and a goal - he will be a good player. Still young with talent and would absolutely add to our front-line.

Havn,t seen much of solanke .basically just highlights on the tv.spoke to a few liverpool fans that i work with on the whole they don,t seem to rate him that highly.but genuine question if we get himon loan would he actually improve the team.

This nonsense about it being a ‘done deal’ has to stop. He’s not here so it’s not a done deal at all. Maybe we have a chance but fed up reading it’s done when it clearly isn’t. I’m not ridiculously excited about this one anyway tbh, he’s still a young lad and has yet to prove himself at senior level. No doubt he has potential but coming up here is never easy. The article is also nonsense, complete click bait, if he was being sold we’d have absolutely no chance of signing him, the fact that he’ll remain a Liverpool players means there is still a possibility. One thing is for sure, he won’t be near their starting 11 next season.

Agreed

So it simpler terms...

He probably will 100% come, probably?

Probably.

In simpler terms. Liverpool are waiting to see whether they need him. If they don't he will go on loan, and if he goes on loan it will be to rangers as both clubs and the player have already agreed on. As long as Liverpool get their targets and don't need him.

In simpler terms. Liverpool are waiting to see whether they need him. If they don't he will go on loan, and if he goes on loan it will be to rangers as both clubs and the player have already agreed on. As long as Liverpool get their targets and don't need him.

I'll tell you already that Liverpool don't need him.

Fantasy shite

The story is from the sun so won’t be clicking on that link but addressing the Opening post then solanke won’t be leaving on loan unless we sign Fekir or another player that can play upfront.

The Liverpool echo had an article up a couple of days and the players that will be leaving on loan or selling them are Ings, origi, Markovic, Grujic, Mignolet.

There were no mention of solanke even going out on loan. I think Klopp sees him as a long term project and the fact that after Firmino we’ve got Sturridge (who’s made of glass) then I can’t really see us loaning out solanke since he’ll probably yet again be the main back up to firmino

Not that fussed, dont really get the obsession with signing Solanke. Not exactly set the world on fire for Liverpool so far we given the chance and didnt do alot at Chelsea albeit it is 2 title challenging side in epl. Liverpool fans have not been impressed at all

Last edited:
Not fussed, dont really get the obsession with signing Solanke. Not exactly set the world on fire for Liverpool so far and didnt do alot at Chelsea

Are you a wee bit mental:D

Do you think if the lad was banging in goals for liverpool or even chelsea first team we would have even a sniff of getting him???:D

You do realise what league we play in, what wages we can pay and where we have been for the past 6-7 years?

Are you a wee bit mental:D

Do you think if the lad was banging in goals for liverpool or even chelsea first team we would have even a sniff of getting him???:D

You do realise what league we play in, what wages we can pay and where we have been for the past 6-7 years?
No of course we wouldnt. And if he was banging them in we wouldnt even be linked

But i mean he hasnt really impressed enough for people to so obsessed with us signing him. Liverpool fans cant wait to get rid of the boy and Chelsea fans were the same before that, thats my point

Obviiously not a done deal as I was told or made out.

Not challenging this year then ( not because of this one specifically ) but the level is not required to challenge IMO

I can't see him leaving this season but if it is i can't see Liverpool allowing him to come up to the SPL.

Obviiously not a done deal as I was told or made out.

Not challenging this year then ( not because of this one specifically ) but the level is not required to challenge IMO

I don’t think Solanke was ever a possibility due to finances. He is on the bench at Liverpool, he will be on decent money.
Even on loan I don’t think we could afford him and I don’t think he will come.

We still need a playmaker and a striker of quality ( Lafferty good squad addition), however I don’t think the Board are going to give SG any more money than Pedro got.

I don’t think that is acceptable and is wasting our chances of catching the scum and of keeping SG who I think is a potentially good manager.

Back