Spartak Moscow away

1914-18

What do we reckon will be the rough cost including Visa? Quite fancy this and Vienna.

Anyone found any routes yet?

Im considering vienna as well if a can get the time off work. Geez a text when ur booking up

I had a look earlier but not on the confirmed date. Flights were £300-400 and a visa is £120. Think the flight went via Munich.

I'm booked in via Munich - £130 quid return from there (Siberia Airlines) and i'll pop over to my Munich office on a cheap flight earlier in the week.

Booked this one from Heathrow direct. Not a season ticket holder or travel club member but should hopefully get in the ground!

Booked this one from Heathrow direct. Not a season ticket holder or travel club member but should hopefully get in the ground!

In a similar boat. If I'm not a ST ticket holder or a TC member, is the only option to buy a ticket for the home end?

yeah its a ball ache mate. I heard as well it was relaxed for the World Cup, but sometimes you need a sponsor as well.

I went to Russia a while back, and just paid £20 for some agency to act as my sponsor. A bit of a scam, as the hotel will do it for you, although I don't know if they will charge you or not. But you have to also go to Edinburgh in person for the digital processing

What do we reckon will be the rough cost including Visa? Quite fancy this and Vienna.

Anyone found any routes yet?

Look on British Airways website mate under flights & hotels.

This afternoon post draw, you could book Direct BA Flights from Heathrow Wed Nov 7th, 3 nights in Novotel, Moscow and return Direct Flight to Heathrow on Sat 10th for a very reasonable £406.

The problem is getting a visa. Pretty complicated (takes 20 working days) and expensive, roughly £180 all in.

Vienna there are direct flights from Luton, Easyjet. Leave Thurs 7am and return Fri are 18.10 or Sat leave Vienna 11.25. Pre draw prices were £146 return.

Got to make money somehow, especially if we keep knocking Russian sides out

Yeah, I guess they can charge whatever they want, but they should try to make the visa form a bit easier. They'll give you a wee passport-size slip of paper at the airport - don't lose it! The men who were at Ufa will have more up to date info.

If anyone is considering Moscow please do it.

Done it twice against Dynamo and then CSKA. Absolutely fantastic trips and a great experience.

Not to mention the Russian clunge ;)

Moscow is the trip I fancy the most but looks like if I go for it I will be doing it on my own as everyone has jumped at spain and Austria.
Don’t like the thought of paying up to 150 on a visa also but know it would have to be done.

Posted the below in another thread but probably more suitable here:

In what order are folk booking Moscow?

You need a visa for which you require a sponsor (hotel?) and then obviously a flight to get their.

Is it risky booking flight first or am I just being a shitebag?

Flights from Manchester to Moscow going through Paris are £225 at the moment. That’s Wednesday to Friday.

It’s £280 for Glasgow to Moscow going through Munich with Lufthansa on the same dates.

Not member of TC ..

Chances of getting in to the game over there? o_O

Same boat mate. Anyone any idea if Spartak tend to sell out their games, and will i get a ticket their end? More importantly, will i get battered if i do? :D

Same boat mate. Anyone any idea if Spartak tend to sell out their games, and will i get a ticket their end? More importantly, will i get battered if i do? :D

Surely to goodness if we've more tickets than travellers the club will sell our end to our fans for it??

Reactions: SSR

You need a visa for which you require a sponsor (hotel?) and then obviously a flight to get their.

They advise you to get the visa first, but that leaves you no flexibility as you have to put exact dates of travel on the application. They won't deny you a visa, you will get it, just make sure there's no mistakes on the form, so there's no real risk in getting the flights first imo

Flights from Manchester to Moscow going through Paris are £225 at the moment. That’s Wednesday to Friday.

It’s £280 for Glasgow to Moscow going through Munich with Lufthansa on the same dates.

That's pretty reasonable.

We were £480 for a one nighter against CSKA with the TC plus £150 for the visa in 2004.

Already booked hotel and flights.

How do you get your hotel to sponsor you?

What’s the chances of a travel club flight for this one?
Looking to go independent but don’t want shafted by the club if they decide to put a flight on and we have a limited ticket allocation

Back