Spartak Moscow away

Interested in this trip more than Villarreal or Rapid Vienna, perhaps its because Spartak Moscow are the biggest club out the three, biggest stadium, biggest club in Russia etc. Hope we take a good numbers over there. Rangers seem to be recieved quite well over there going by recent BBC documentaries and our supporters over there on social media.

Am the same booked Villarreal but when the draw came out this one was the most interesting for me and the one a want to do thinking of not bothering about Vienna

8 of us on flight Wednesday morning from Edinburgh to Moscow with an hour stop in Brussels and same on the way home Friday, really looking forward to it once we get visas sorted!

I'm booked up from Pisa via Rome ....... and then Glasgow via Amsterdam on the early Friday flight .... back for the Motherwell game! :)

Need to pick my moment to break the 'back to back' games situation with the Mrs ...... :(

£300 Belfast Heathrow Helsinki Moscow.
Not bad considering the distance

https://www.expresstorussia.com/russian_visas.html
Found that site for visa $18 .... I dunno how legit it is.

That’s only for the visa invitation, you still need to apply for the visa and pay the visa fee. The invitation can be done by your hotel and normally they dont charge for doing it, I’ve stayed in quite a few western hotel chains like Novotel, Holiday Inn, etc and never once been charged for them providing the invitation. At the most, I’ve provided card details and you agree that if you don’t show up or you cancel your hotel reservation with them they will then charge you the invitation fee.

I think you just turn up and get a token mate then join the queue. That's what I read online.

The embassy is also open on Monday 21st which is the September bank holiday for a lot of people. That's when we're planning on going through and sorting it to avoid wasting a days holiday.

21st September is a Friday...

What’s the best way to obtain a visa I know you can go to Edinburgh can you just turn up there or do you need an appointment?

Just turn up, with your form, photo, visa invitation and money. When you do the application online they'll ask where you will apply. The scary thing is - the office is right in the shadow of Easter Road.

4 of us just booked wed-Sat Lufthansa
Glasgow - munich- Moscow
Moscow - frankfurt- Glasgow

How do I go about sorting a visa?

Would love to go to Moscow but totally hopeless at looking up and booking flights. How the feck do you do it? Only ever booked direct flights with no stops in between.

Gonny somebody book it for me :D.

Will have to spend some time tomorrow looking into this. Would be looking to go from a Scottish airport Wednesday to Friday. Do I just type this into a search engine?

Would love to go to Moscow but totally hopeless at looking up and booking flights. How the feck do you do it? Only ever booked direct flights with no stops in between.

Gonny somebody book it for me :D.

Will have to spend some time tomorrow looking into this. Would be looking to go from a Scottish airport Wednesday to Friday. Do I just type this into a search engine?

Best bet is to use Skyscanner, as it will search all airlines. When selecting your departure airport, check the box for nearby airports. This will include Edinburgh, if you chose Glasgow. No need to do for departure, as you only want to arrive at Moscow . Sometimes you can book your preferred flights through Skyscanner ,or some other 3rd party, or do it direct with airlines.

Would be good if the bears having to go in the home end bought tickets for the same area, safety in numbers I suppose!

Would be good if the bears having to go in the home end bought tickets for the same area, safety in numbers I suppose!

I thought we’d get a decent allocation to numbers travelling, or do you mean those that aren’t on the travel club?

Best bet is to use Skyscanner, as it will search all airlines. When selecting your departure airport, check the box for nearby airports. This will include Edinburgh, if you chose Glasgow. No need to do for departure, as you only want to arrive at Moscow . Sometimes you can book your preferred flights through Skyscanner ,or some other 3rd party, or do it direct with airlines.

Ok cheers, will have a look at this.

I thought we’d get a decent allocation to numbers travelling, or do you mean those that aren’t on the travel club?

Doubt everyone in the TC will get a ticket.

Im on 0 points so have next to no chance I think?

Just done 95% of the online visa - looks like you need to get the 'Tourist voucher' and 'Tourist confirmation' from the hotel BEFORE completing the app.

Just a heads up - i've already emailed my hotel!

Just done 95% of the online visa - looks like you need to get the 'Tourist voucher' and 'Tourist confirmation' from the hotel BEFORE completing the app.

Are you guaranteed a visa? Didn't want to book hotels incase never got one.

What exactly is a tourist voucher? Just a piece or paper you take with you or is there details on it you need to fill in on the application?

What exactly is a tourist voucher? Just a piece or paper you take with you or is there details on it you need to fill in on the application?

There are two numbers on it that is required for the Visa application. I dont have it yet so that's the 5% I have had to miss.

You also need to complete the details of EVERY journey you have made outwith the UK in the past 10 years.......

There are two numbers on it that is required for the Visa application. I dont have it yet so that's the 5% I have had to miss.

You also need to complete the details of EVERY journey you have made outwith the UK in the past 10 years.......

I’ve emailed my hotel and I’ve to scan my passport to them. Will do it in work on Monday.

Did you fill that part in with everything, not sure if I will remember everything. Bit of a joke.

I’ve emailed my hotel and I’ve to scan my passport to them. Will do it in work on Monday.

Did you fill that part in with everything, not sure if I will remember everything. Bit of a joke.

I only added the stamps i had in my passport... there wasn't enough space for anything else.

That’s a bit OTT. I doubt I could recollect every journey. Do they expect dates as well?

That’s a bit OTT. I doubt I could recollect every journey. Do they expect dates as well?

They've asked for dates and reason of every trip...... As i mentioned above I have just entered those trips that are stamped in my passport. I'll list the other countries ive been to but they are all EU so they can swivel for dates.

Our hotel was very responsive at sending this stuff, had it back to me within a couple of hours.

Be booking tomorrow.

Had a look at that red October hotel but it’s pretty much full already.

Doubt everyone in the TC will get a ticket.

Im on 0 points so have next to no chance I think?
45k stadium so we will be looking at 2k not sure that many will go to be honest. So you should have a good chance.

So you do that online then they will phone you when it’s ready to be collected?

So you do that online then they will phone you when it’s ready to be collected?

You do it online
You print it out
You take it with all the supporting documentation to either Edinburgh, Manchester or London centres for processing
You get the passport back (hopefully with visa) in 20 days

Back