Spartak Moscow away

Same boat mate. Anyone any idea if Spartak tend to sell out their games, and will i get a ticket their end? More importantly, will i get battered if i do? :D

Aye there is that as well to think about.. :D

Also don't want to go all that way and not get in....

Already booked hotel and flights.

How do you get your hotel to sponsor you?

You can email them and ask them to do it, but there are plenty of companies that will give you the voucher for a fee. I paid stressfreevisas £20 and they did it for me, as I was so pissed off with all the bureaucracy, and couldn't face contacting the hotel and asking them to do it

For info regarding the sponsorship thing.

Your hotel should do this for you, the Russians basically expect you to register in the city that you are visiting. If you book an apartment, then get the apartment owner to do it for you. It’s costs nowt, you provide your passport details and that’s about it. Our apartment owner did it for us but only after we asked her during the World Cup, and to be honest it probably didn’t need to be done as we never got asked about it.

Any reputable hotel does it on your behalf. Any shite one won’t.

For info regarding the sponsorship thing.

Your hotel should do this for you, the Russians basically expect you to register in the city that you are visiting. If you book an apartment, then get the apartment owner to do it for you. It’s costs nowt, you provide your passport details and that’s about it. Our apartment owner did it for us but only after we asked her during the World Cup, and to be honest it probably didn’t need to be done as we never got asked about it.

Any reputable hotel does it on your behalf. Any shite one won’t.

Emailed my hotel. They want 1500 rubles per person.

We have booked via Brussels, do you have to send your passport away for the visa as I need it for work?

Im considering vienna as well if a can get the time off work. Geez a text when ur booking up
We went t Vienna en route to Bratislava for the Artmedia game.
Probably the pick of the, less obvious cities, I’ve been to in Europe, whether on football or with the wife.

If you can, go, it’s a great trip.
Be careful as local cops try to get cash from you if your walking alone at night.
Last visit for CSKA one of the Bears was picked up as he walked across Red Square they demanded money, he demanded British Consulate, let him him go, chancers.
Official Travel Club and that enormous old fashioned Hotel.

What’s the best way to obtain a visa I know you can go to Edinburgh can you just turn up there or do you need an appointment?

What’s the best way to obtain a visa I know you can go to Edinburgh can you just turn up there or do you need an appointment?

This and sponsors? Is it usually the hotel that will provide sponsor and is that just an email from them? Booked Tuesday - Friday BA.

I think you just turn up and get a token mate then join the queue. That's what I read online.

The embassy is also open on Monday 21st which is the September bank holiday for a lot of people. That's when we're planning on going through and sorting it to avoid wasting a days holiday.

Is there a particular hotel most bears will be staying? Looking to book this up on Monday once I check my holidays.

Hope everyone that goes has a great time. Went there for New Year in 2010 for 3 weeks(uni flat mate was from there) and apart from the -20 degrees it was a great trip. Best thing were all the little stalls at each train station that sold pancake wraps filled with condensed milk :)

I was over for the game against them where we got a late draw(mcculloch header iirc). Managed to find an underground bookies shop to watch it. Quite a few locals were watching it and were generally a good laugh. A couple were pissed though though as they had decent money on on the Tims winning. Fair to say I wasn't going to hang around too long!

Anyone know is there any chance to buy myself tickets to away end? And if, how to?

Helsinki - Moscow - Helsinki Flights 52€. There's also a direct train from my hometown Lahti to Moscow, but it would cost about 150€ or something and takes over 10 hours.

Anyone know is there any chance to buy myself tickets to away end? And if, how to?

Helsinki - Moscow - Helsinki Flights 52€. There's also a direct train from my hometown Lahti to Moscow, but it would cost about 150€ or something and takes over 10 hours.

No chance a don’t think as you have to be a travel club member (season ticket holder) there might be a Rangers section the home club will sell tickets for.

Anyone completed the online visa application?

Asks martial status and then drop down menu appears to put details in, I am assuming its my wifes but doesn't say?

Also it wants you to list all countries visited in last 10 years, this may take a while visited 5 each during last 2 trips!

No chance a don’t think as you have to be a travel club member (season ticket holder) there might be a Rangers section the home club will sell tickets for.

Knowing the Russian culture there is no chance they sell any more tickets to away fans they have to. But thanks for the info. Have to start looking for regular tickets then :)

Cheers guys.

Will need to get this sorted ASAP then. Still not sure if il get a ticket but going to risk it.

Who else will be trying to get tickets for the home end ?
Me as well as this stupid season ticket holder s only for TC means I can't get tickets for a Rangers end which likely won't sell out for this trip at least.

Was in away section at Moscow Derby last weekend but she's thrown the ticket stubs out. Think it was section c221 I was in - either way will be trying to get a ticket either side of the away corner, which is opposite and on right hand side from the main VIP stand (or the bottom left hand side as you look at the seating map shown online)

There's netting enclosing all sections from each other and black Perspex screens separating away fans from the home. Didn't stop the Dinamo fans from trying to break through it and get to the home fans and there were a few scuffles as well as scorched seats from all the flares and stuff.

I sat with home fans in a CL game V Liverpool last year as a genuine neutral. There were loads of Russian speaking Liverpool fans who jumped up when Pool equalised and Spartak fans were going mental for them to be chucked out as well as few of said local Liverpool fans in home end getting sore faces. Whilst I wouldn't imagine it will be as pumped up for a game Vs us I wouldn't be too obvious about being a Rangers fan in the home end.

Spartak are notorious for trouble - Spanish cop died in clashes with them in Bilbao last season - and in a nation of neo-Nazi fantasists seem to have the worst rep for it. But as the biggest Russian club (by far) they also have the most middle of the road middle class fanbase and you are more likely to see grinning fanboys and fangirls on the hunt for autographs than 'Vasily the Killer' scraping his knuckles off the ground looking for victims. Just don't buy tickets behind their goal where the ultras are and you'll be fine. Hopefully!

Last edited:
Interested in this trip more than Villarreal or Rapid Vienna, perhaps its because Spartak Moscow are the biggest club out the three, biggest stadium, biggest club in Russia etc. Hope we take a good numbers over there. Rangers seem to be recieved quite well over there going by recent BBC documentaries and our supporters over there on social media.

Back