Spurs new stadium.

That's what 120 million a year fot the last 10 years of sky money gets you ...we get 3 million for winning the league here , gaps going to get wider and wider ...

Looks the part but half way up the stand the video is taken from the pitch is a distance..god knows what it's like from the back.
Like watching ants....

People just love to moan and slate everything and anything on here im afraid.

Whilst I agree with that I think it’s fair criticism to say it’s a cookie cutter stadium. At least the new baseball stadiums over here and the Vikes new digs have something unique in the designs. The only thing unique about the new Lane is how ugly the exterior is.

Doesn't matter how big and fancy a stadium is, it's the fans that make it. Just can't see the Spurs fans creating an atmosphere to fill that Stadium. Fill in our corners with seats, have the Copland all the one big stand and we'll have the best Stadium in the world.

World class.

Atmosphere will be sensational. The kop end will be amazing.

And they have a section ready for safe standing when they get the go ahead.

Will be well worth waiting for.

Jealous.

Now all they need is a decent support.
There ain't no pleasing you
Chas-and-Dave-help-Tottenham-Hotspur-record-a-song-1982accompanied-by-Glenn-Hoddle-and-Ray-Clemence-playing-guitar-and.jpg

I'm actually impressed. I was expecting it to like all the others, oval with a track, but the fact the seats go right up close makes me believe they'll get a good atmosphere at games.

Which looks like Silverburn. Give me Ibrox every time, at least it looks like a football stadium and less like a shopping centre. I'm sure their customers will love it.
Or a mini version of Dubai airport, shiny metal and gleaming expensive tiles, all to impress, as you said "the customers."

It's an impressive work to be sure, but I'm so glad we have Ibrox, a real football stadium with real fans.

Oh, actually, good luck to Spurs, they are ok.

Like how people call it shite / soulless etc when the best of the best in architects and engineers have played a part in making it what it is... impressive!

We all moan about the Ibrox match day experience and needing improved but hey at least it has character eh
I have to agree sir.

Our main stand is impressive, yes

But let's be honest, the other three 70's stands are nothing special. I'd love something like Spurs new ground (incorporating our main stand where possible, but ensuring no gaps)

As modern stadiums go it looks excellent and will be far better than most. Although the atmosphere at any Spurs game in any stadium will still be lacking giving their poor selection of rather tedious songs. The football tourists will love it though :cool:

It looks very impressive.

But going against the grain here, I’m not actually keen on it. Much prefer old traditional stadiums tbh.

Wonder how spurs managed the seat moves without upsetting the stubborn auld cünts who didn’t want to move from “their seat”

It does look class to be fair. Only issue with these new state of the art stadiums can be their lack of atmosphere which sounds odds considering how big they are, but they can sometimes feel a little soulless. I guess it's just a case of a new history being created and new memories being started before it will really feel like home.

It does look class to be fair. Only issue with these new state of the art stadiums can be their lack of atmosphere which sounds odds considering how big they are, but they can sometimes feel a little soulless. I guess it's just a case of a new history being created and new memories being started before it will really feel like home.

It's the people who make the atmosphere and with this new stadium a new breed of Spurs fans will come who bring nothing at all.

The worst atmospheres at EPL games for me are the Etihad and Emirates. Coincidence that they're both new style grounds or that their fans are dire? The former for me.

It looks absolutely brilliant, can only look on with envy and any Bear who says differently is kidding themself on.

We all love Ibrox, and the Main Stand is iconic but the rest of the stadium looks dated and tired and does not provide the comfort (leg room, decent toilets, refreshment areas) that is expected nowadays. Not blaming anyone, we had all seater stadium before anyone else in UK but times move on and we haven't or, more realistically, we cannot afford to modernise.

Last edited:
It looks absolutely brilliant, can only look on with envy and any Bear who says differently is kidding themself on.

We all love Ibrox, and the Main Stand is iconic but the rest of the stadium looks dated and tired and does not provide the comfort (leg room, decent toilets, refreshment areas) that is expected nowadays. Not blaming anyone, we had all seater stadium before anyone but times move on and we haven't or more realistically we cannot afford to modernise.
Bang on the money for me.

Our Main Stand is a thing of beauty but the rest is not in keeping with it's magnificence.
Yep - if money was not an option, I'd tear down the other three stands and start again - and try and ensure no gaps at either end of the main stand.

it looks ok, they've taken parts from loads of grounds and melded them into something that's almost unique.

what i don't understand is why spend that much on a new ground but don't put in a retractable roof, i know london get better weather than us but not that much better.

Are people really in awe of this?

It looks like the Emirates which looks like Wembley which looks like Madrid's which looks like Benfica's.

It's a bland, generic identikit stadium build for the corporate, middle class fan.
You do realise that our stadium was modelled on Dortmunds? (bar Main Stand)

I really don't get all this 'lacks character' stuff. Anyone who visited Brockville or the old tattie dome will have came across plenty of character byway of broken up concrete and rivers of pish.

As modern stadiums go it’s really looking good, particularly the large terracing style stand behind the goal for the home fans. I think it’s the best looking stadium in not only London but England now, they just need to win some silverware to put the icing on the cake.

You do realise that our stadium was modelled on Dortmunds? (bar Main Stand)

I really don't get all this 'lacks character' stuff. Anyone who visited Brockville or the old tattie dome will have came across plenty of character byway of broken up concrete and rivers of pish.

Modelling your new stadium on an existing one isn't a bad thing, but the current trend in football architecture seems to be creating virtually the same stadium across the board. This isn't necessarily a good thing for football fans or the clubs themselves.

It's often remarked that English football has lots its soul, and when you look at the number of clubs in the Premier League who have renovated their stadia in the last twenty years, it's not hard to see a connection between the two.

Fan safety is one thing, but it's another altogether when your home ground looks like the same as everyone else's in the league. A Manchester United fan who watches their team away could conceivably visit the same-looking ground three or four times in the one season.

Back