Press Conference St Johnstone v Rangers - pre match press conference

he said we submitted the squad on the 4th sept when players were at different levels of fitness, he rates ridvan and he has a future here.
This is just ridiculous. So he didn’t included Yilmaz due to fitness, despite the fact he had just played him for 30mins two days prior.

And he included Lawrence and Cantwell who were at varying levels of fitness or injuries. I don’t disagree with including them but the two facts don’t make sense.

Just watched in full.

Nothing wrong with anything MB has said. I think he meant the strongest team AVAILABLE will play on Saturday. Some bring far too touchy re that comment.

He knows, words will not produce the solution either way. Action only and winning games.

On to tomorrow.

Come on Rangers

So Ridvan misses out due to lack of game time but Beale still likes him. See how much he features in the domestic fixtures this year.
I liked his comment on the Roofe disallowed goal, basically saying the officials didn't implement the rules correctly.

Always talks a good game but it never translates to the pitch. I hope I'm wrong but I expect another slog tomorrow, cumbersome in attack with zero patterns of pay or set formation.

This is just ridiculous. So he didn’t included Yilmaz due to fitness, despite the fact he had just played him for 30mins two days prior.

And he included Lawrence and Cantwell who were at varying levels of fitness or injuries. I don’t disagree with including them but the two facts don’t make sense.

It is a bit of a contradiction - but we have 4 full backs available. He explains that and putting Ridvan in would have meant somebody else misses out elsewhere in the squad.

Just watched in full.

Nothing wrong with anything MB has said. I think he meant the strongest team AVAILABLE will play on Saturday. Some bring far too touchy re that comment.

He knows, words will not produce the solution either way. Action only and winning games.

On to tomorrow.

Come on Rangers

I'm also quite happy he said Roofe should have 2 in 2 if the officials had done their job correctly.

I don’t think they should have put Tom
Lawrence out there, they knew it was going to be a tough one and I’d have like to see somebody who’s been more involved answer for the poor form. Tav, Goodson maybe?

Also with Beale I see nothing that gives me any confidence anymore, he should take his own advice and do the talking on the park.

Neither of them look fired up for the challenge.

The sign of a manager under pressure is referring to the refs not doing their job correctly in the last game
in fairness he was correct they didn't.

however, MB problems are bigger than a ref giving a free kick that was a marginal call depending on how you seen the incident.

The sign of a manager under pressure is referring to the refs not doing their job correctly in the last game
I thought that was a rare moment of clarity and honesty.

Perhaps if we'd see more of that from him in the last year or so the feeling would not be so against him.

He's created the situation I feel and now it's a little too late for him. He's had his chances and been backed a lot by the Club.

What's left to say ?

He said its a game of fine margins. He then talks about that goal. If that goal is given it changes everything in that game. He is right to feel aggrieved and he is right to continually highlight such a bad decision.

It also doesn't excuse the performance after though.

He also says plenty during the entire PC around performance levels not being good enough, all parts of the team needing to improve, the intensity needing to improve, thej team needing to be more cohesive, to play with a rhythm - basically every part of our game - like most fans have been saying.

Its not like he's sitting in denial and thinking we have been playing well and hard done by due to that one decision.

Didn't like when he came out with the crap that we've highest shots on target and best defence in the league. Aye Michael but we are 4 points behind our rivals already. Stats don't mean shit. Points do.

Didn't like when he came out with the crap that we've highest shots on target and best defence in the league. Aye Michael but we are 4 points behind our rivals already. Stats don't mean shit. Points do.

tell me he didnt say that today? not had a chance to listen yet.

How do we have the best defence in the league ffs?

The fact hes hugely confident of turning it around doesn’t surprise me as he seems to see a different game from everyone else, the decisions he makes proves that

It was James from H&H who asked about ridvan not being in the euro squad.

i think that was obvious, questions should have been asked regarding how he set the team up last week and if he understands the fans will never accept playing in that manner against them.

Particularly when they are coming off the back of terrible results, have a depleted back line, and there are no away supporters in the stadium.

Also when the momentum was on us to beat them and go top and he sent the team out to sit off and bait a counter.

FS am raging again.

But we didn’t BBB, and that’s down to Michael
Beale & the players.

Eindhoven ? I didn’t expect us to win, but the reaction to that match ? A good Rangers team would have been so determined to make up for a 5,1 defeat, and we got that performance ?
Yes - that was a chance to show the fans that they meant business this season for the league. They all failed.

Got to feel a bit for him there.

He genuinely looks completely shell shocked, ashen faced and out of his depth.

Didn’t like the repeated asking him about the crowd reaction, ask once fair enough but move on. He handled that with dignity.
I think he's been in football long enough to know, when fans are booing your substitutions and the heavy booing at full time, the shows over. He's clinging on, and fair play. He's doomed.

i think that was obvious, questions should have been asked regarding how he set the team up last week and if he understands the fans will never accept playing in that manner against them.

Particularly when they are coming off the back of terrible results, have a depleted back line, and there are no away supporters in the stadium.

Also when the momentum was on us to beat them and go top and he sent the team out to sit off and bait a counter.

FS am raging again.

They were a poor Celtic team, but they did give 100% effort & were organised Ally.

Meanwhile mr smart arse changes his system from a 3.0 win against them ?

Yes JDC, psychologically a huge match, for him & the players, and that was the reaction we got.
I think that's what caused the massive collective outpouring of anger. People couldn't believe just how bad it was. Anyway I've spent too much time thinking back to that match. Let's see if the reaction is any different tomorrow. St Johnstone will be well up for this.

I think that's what caused the massive collective outpouring of anger. People couldn't believe just how bad it was. Anyway I've spent too much time thinking back to that match. Let's see if the reaction is any different tomorrow. St Johnstone will be well up for this.

It’s one of the few times in over 50 years I’ve listened to our fans booing at the end & actually supported the boos JDC, albeit I didn’t myself.

I did - unashamedly so. But I think a few others who were silent around me were also just in dis-belief. It was unlike anything I've seen in a long time at Ibrox.

And it actually continued as the players went round & clapped the fans too.

One of the worst.

Anyway, here’s hoping we get the 3 points tomorrow as you say. Vital match.

It is a bit of a contradiction - but we have 4 full backs available. He explains that and putting Ridvan in would have meant somebody else misses out elsewhere in the squad.
I get that, i think the frustration stems from the fact that by now Ridvan should be contributing. Maybe that’s not Beales fault. As others have said, we’ll see how much MB likes Beale with the domestic games coming up.

I don’t think they should have put Tom
Lawrence out there, they knew it was going to be a tough one and I’d have like to see somebody who’s been more involved answer for the poor form. Tav, Goodson maybe?

Also with Beale I see nothing that gives me any confidence anymore, he should take his own advice and do the talking on the park.

Neither of them look fired up for the challenge.
Tav is in good form, he said he’s happy with it after the Celtic game.

Maybe I’m going soft but I actually felt quite sorry for Beale there. The questions about other Managers being asked about his job are out of order.

Back