• Sakala

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Patterson

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We battled throughout injury time and for that I’m happy. It was a much better second half performance in which we never seem troubled.

A third goal would have made it comfortable and more than two goals continues to deceive us, but I’m happy with that.
Weren’t really troubled but did nothing of note in attack either. Good teams get the third goal

Scraping wins and hanging on against the dross is going to come back and bite us in the arse as it has already on more than one occasion this season.

We seem incapable of killing teams off and our game management is very suspect.

Delighted with the win but it’s frustrating as we are capable of so much more.

Roofe and Balogun stood out for me today

Gone with Roofe because his big moments ultimately led to the win but Balogun probably had a higher level of performance across the whole game. Big moments win games though. And Balogun had a lot of praise recently whereas Roofe has caught a bit of flack. Good to recognise his key contribution today.
Agree. Also Hagi was up there. All 3 should share MOTM!

Am all hard now after that. You know that way when the bockies get sticky and warm? Like a pair of sticky bockitos you've ordered from just eat, Kinda like a hot pocket.

Davis outstanding again, and Lundstram getting better every game
No. That reads to me as if you like sticking your knob in a hot pocket. To each his own.

Good result against one of the leagues form teams at their own midden
The papes won away to Aberdeen and Motherwell But these two teams have been right in the middle of a slump in form - even st Johnstone have hit poor form which papered over the cracks of their difficult away wins
Make no mistake st mirren in form away from home with the pack closing in was a test and a great win

They will be absolutely sick at that result which in my book is effin wonderful
Now to relax and watch West Ham and manu knowing we have done the business

I thought the match situation was ideal for Sakala when he came on but it's worrying that either we aren't using him effectively or he's just nor capable.
Jury is still out I think on Sakala.

Who now would take Sakala over Itten ? Itten would have scored goals this season for sure and would have caused defences a heck of a lot more problems. Sakala's attempt at that late header was woeful for one. If we are trying to play out a game and hoof the ball forward (which we were doing for god's sake) Itten would have picked up a lot more especially with Morelos off - he was pretty good at creating something out of nothing at times.

Good win. But its frustrating. We showed in the last 15 first half that we can blow teams away when we play at high intensity. But most of the time we play a sort of containing game, trying to move forward in a patient, controlled manner. It’s a risky approach, one or two mistakes (which we are entirely capable of) and we put ourselves in trouble.

A hard fought win, we are three points clear after 10 games, let's round off the first set of games with a win v Sheep on Wednesday. Delighted for Centurian Alfie.

Got caught cold, took far, far too long to get over it. Once we did, only one team in it.
Not keen on this brinkmanship, hanging onto a one goal lead for a whole half of a game. Seen it go wrong too often.
Admittedly there has too be a balance between going all out to score and hanging onto what you've got..
With our front players struggling a bit, maybe we were better to sit in. Not good for the nerves.

What ?

You don’t care that we haven’t had a 2 goal lead since the opening day of the season?

We’re all glad we’ve come back and won today but that “who cares” nonsense you’ve just spouted is moronic to say the least
What you on about you rather we played amazing and didn’t win aye?
We’ve just won in Europe on Thursday and again today but that’s no enough for a wee daft moron like you! Get to dobbies and Giese peace

Good result against one of the leagues form teams at their own midden
The papes won away to Aberdeen and Motherwell But these two teams have been right in the middle of a slump in form - even st Johnstone have hit poor form which papered over the cracks of their difficult away wins
Make no mistake st mirren in form away from home with the pack closing in was a test and a great win

They will be absolutely sick at that result which in my book is effin wonderful
Now to relax and watch West Ham and manu knowing we have done the business
St Mirren were about 3rd in the form table going into this weekend

About a point or maybe 2 off the tramps in the form table

We made it harder work than we should have. Just pointing out they are playing better than most in the league

Great result but the performances need to change soon.
We waste a lot of time in matches just getting nothing done.
We don't have pace and it never seems like we are going to turn the corner and start getting some good 3 or 4 nil type performances.

Looking for more intensity, more goals, more pace. We are just getting by for now.
The management team need to come up with something and do it fast.

Top of the league though! With a nice 3 point cushion too.

A very typical Gerrard type performance so far.

No fire, no imagination and second to every ball.
Absolute state of this.

A Gerrard won the league unbeaten last year type performance? Who has won the last 6 out of 7 against celtic and got us to 3 consecutive group stages and knockouts twice?

Folk who are asking why I said folk who are being overly negative should be embarrassed - this is the stuff I'm on about

These games always have the potential to be tricky.

3 points on a weekend when our nearest challengers drop points.

That’ll do just fine.

None of the front 3 deserve to be dropped after that but if Kent’s fit for Wednesday he must play . Dunno what he does

What you on about you rather we played amazing and didn’t win aye?
We’ve just won in Europe on Thursday and again today but that’s no enough for a wee daft moron like you! Get to dobbies and Giese peace

You’re mental. “Not enough for me” what you on about ?

All teams need to grind out narrow wins throughout the season. But I’ve just asked if we’ve managed to be 2 goals clear since Livningston on day one.

If you think that merits “who cares” then…well okay. We are going to have to start putting teams to the sword.

Not giving ourselves breathing space in games has already cost us points this season- and will cost us more if we don’t start putting teams away.

But no, you keep dismissing that legitimate point with “who cares”.

Third goal would have been nice but i think were starting to show our true form
Picked Hagi but i mainly thought it was a solid team performance which was so apparent in last seasons success
Onwards and upwards

I couldn't really decide between Balogun, Hagi and Roofe (selected Roofe). Obviously FF agreed because there 3 very similar, no standouts.
We'll always toil until we go 2 or 3 goals ahead.

Back