MOTM Poll St Mirren v Rangers - 15:00 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Pleased with that win. The old adage that winning when playing not on best form is the sign of champions. We will be back on top gear on Saturday and a European type performance from us is on the cards to psychologically demoralise them for the rest of the season.

Power cut near on 20 minutes and eventually got it back on as Balogun ran on the park.

Don't actually care as it's yet another win, three points.

Any injuries or concerns?

That was what you call a workmanlike performance,the players rolled there sleeves up as they knew it wasn’t going to be pretty.its another game in a tough venue ticked off really with the minimum of fuss.i have kamara my motm.i don’t think he gave the ball away once and was as calm as you like

I think the referee should be MOM. He should have given St Falldownfornoapparentreason FC at least 3 penalies, but wasn't brave enough to do it - or so says Jim Goodwin & Mickey Stewart

Stayed off the match thread , just absolutely over the moon with those three points and having the two goal lead meant the second half wasn’t near as nervy as the hibs game was . A superb 3 points and Alfie back scoring .

I'm really pleased with that. Not a slick performance by any stretch of the imagination, but a great result with some solid individual performances. I thought Barisic, Kamara and Helander were all v good. Alfie put in a good shift too which couldn't have come at a better time and hopefully will boost his confidence.

Winning a potentially tricky game ahead of the OF - a game which was pretty dull but mostly comfortable - will do me just fine.

Mate, you just won the lottery or something because you're lighting this thread up with positive energy:

'Zungu very lucky there That’s woeful mot slack'

'Poor Hagi'

'if they peg 1 goal back, it'll be squeeky arse time'

'very frustrating'

'very flat'

'bizarre decision'

'have a word with Barisic'

'Slow start again'

'our performance levels past 3,4,5 games worries me'

'Looking more vulnerable when teams attack us'
Future stunt double for the Rev I. M. Jolly ?

Really good and important 3 points.
That are a very decent outfit now and set up to man Mark our full backs and force long balls.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they get into top 6

It’s bonkers how many posts there are moaning about being flat. We controlled the game from 25 mins onwards and were not having to bust a gut to maintain our lead.
I and many others on here have moaned the past two seasons about not being smarter,and learning to win ugly.

I'm absolutely ecstatic with the likes of today and St. Johnstone away mate,it shows to me we're ready to take that title and do whatever is necessary to make it happen.

we weren't at our best but still got the 3 points
well done rangers
do the business on saturday and we are well on our way

Big Joe for me!as man of the match.
Good well earned 3 points.
This lot today were no mugs,used the full width of the park, and the wee mentally challenged has them well organized!
Onwards and upwards rangers.

mentally challengeds are desperate, they are counting their draw with a lower league team as a win.

Hopefully no injuries today.

I'm looking forward to Saturday now. If we're up for it from the start, we've started slowly recently, then I can only see a Rangers win.

We did well to keep them out of our box because they would only have to fall over to get a penalty.

The pattern throughout was fall over and get a free kick - a chance to score from a set-piece or break up a Rangers attack.

The Tav booking was outrageous.

Overcoming poor referees is essential to our title charge. Too many points were dropped from poor refereeing last season. It's really no better this season but we're playing well enough to overcome it.

Controlled performance, once we got the second we were never dropping points. Another game closer.

Thought Barisic played very well, my MOTM but can’t argue with Helander.

It’s not mental at all. Our form in the last few games is 100% a level or two down from where is it was

Great three points though
Do you honestly expect us to play sensational football week in week out, especially in this league.
That game and the last few games have gone exactly as expected, teams pushing and making us look 'nervous' then we take over.

People really need to get a grip on reality.

Back