Stadium more than half empty at 84 minutes

I stay to the end but I’m on a supporters bus that waits for older guys 10/15 minutes. If I wanted to in all honesty I’d leave and go for a beer and not worry at all what anyone thought haha. And that is an insane idea

The uber attendees and the uber folk who don't go will be gnashing their teeth at your thoughts.... :D :D

We as a support need to raise it. We are possibly on the brink of something special this season and still it's like playing at a morgue almost every game.
It's good that we demand more from our players but we need to up our game too and get behind the team. Maybe some decent vocal support will give them that extra yard or two that may entertain us.
Agree here...
This thread is about people leaving early, I’m guessing from people around the stadium?
Well there was only one corner of the ground singing all night...
When will the thread come out about that?
Forget about the 20k that left early and maybe start questioning the 40k that dont vocally back the team

The amount of comments on here must be the number that stayed to the end!! Or not!
About 3k fans were singing for the majority of the match.. and well done them.
The rest (who didn’t vocally back the team) are probably those jumping on the moaning bandwagon on here...
If you’re going to stay till the end.. so you sing through the match?
Think not unless u were in the Broomloan front

The amount of comments on here must be the number that stayed to the end!! Or not!
About 3k fans were singing for the majority of the match.. and well done them.
The rest (who didn’t vocally back the team) are probably those jumping on the moaning bandwagon on here...
If you’re going to stay till the end.. so you sing through the match?
Think not unless u were in the Broomloan front
I moved over to BF1 4/5 year ago from GR but even BF1 was emptying but again this isn’t a new thing or a thing that’ll change it’s happened for years, god we’ve had winning teams that midweek games we didn’t draw 49k sometimes between 38-45. Imo people can leave when they want yes it’s not great but it’s not exclusively a Rangers problem.

Agree here...
This thread is about people leaving early, I’m guessing from people around the stadium?
Well there was only one corner of the ground singing all night...
When will the thread come out about that?
Forget about the 20k that left early and maybe start questioning the 40k that dont vocally back the team
Its mental that we dont. We have seen how it boosts this team when they are backed at Ibrox. We have 6 or 7 games at home before the split where we could lay down a marker or we can be watching a lot of what we watched last night.
This team deserve our backing.

Even more annoying when your ST is on an aisle seat at an exit and you stay but still miss the last 10 mins due to the subway loyal blocking your view

Is the problem people not wanting to miss supporters buses (perhaps from bitter experience), especially those sitting at the opposite side of the stadium from that at which the bus leaves from?
That’s why I leave but even then I leave at FT just unable to stay for the extra time because have to get from club deck to where the bus is.

Anyone who buys their ST or individual match ticket has the right to go in and leave when they want.

Myself the vast majority of times stay the full 90 but there are some cases I don’t. Sometimes I’ve left early because I have had no other choice, sometimes I’ve left early because we have been getting hammered and I couldn’t take anymore. Does that make me or anyone else any less of a fan? No it doesn’t. I’ve already paid my ticket!!

What annoys me is guys who have been slabbering to me all these last lot of years going to watch pish like Alloa, Peterhead etc. I was laughed at and said I’d be better going to watch Saturday morning league. Yeah the football was awful but I still got outta my bed at 5.30am every other Saturday to make the journey over

These same guys that laughed at me 4/5 years ago now are pestering me for tickets for Ibrox, suddenly they have became fans again. That’s what pisses me off

Personally don't understand it. Everyone need to get home, but the team plays for 90+mins. Look at the liverpool-manu game on Sat - ground was full and how much did the crowds noise contribute to Salah pushing himself forward to score.

This is all part of a wider issue where the facilities aren't good enough, the whole experience inside the ground isn't good enough and the club doing very little to improve it.

A substantial standing section with a passionate support for 90 minutes is one way of helping. The other is the club lobbying for a better fanzone area and a change in the law to allow alcohol in stadiums.

Absolutely no chance of that happening.

Look at the state of the Scottish game as it is...people throwing bottles on at players every other week, pitch invaders having a go at players etc.

Who decides when the supporters buses leave btw? Is it the bus driver or the fans paying for the bus?

Who decides when the supporters buses leave btw? Is it the bus driver or the fans paying for the bus?

Ours it’s the committee. But we have to leave at a certain time and everyone on the bus knows this. Either we leave at the time given or it’s a night in Glasgow for us

If we don’t leave at a certain time then potentially could miss the boat back to NI, and even then many of us don’t live directly in Belfast but smaller towns to get to.. I personally can’t afford to miss the bus and then have to fork out for taxi/hotel/flight/boat.then get from the airport/dock to where I live in NI if I’ve missed said bus. I’m not willing to miss my bus so if I have to leave a couple of mins before FT or right on FT and miss extra time play then so be it...

Absolutely no chance of that happening.

Look at the state of the Scottish game as it is...people throwing bottles on at players every other week, pitch invaders having a go at players etc.

Lock up the idiots with tougher sentences and let the normal people enjoy themselves.

I know that it's not going to happen immediately, but look at the way English football changed over the years and now you have proper arenas offering a range of services.

Lock up the idiots with tougher sentences and let the normal people enjoy themselves.

I know that it's not going to happen immediately, but look at the way English football changed over the years and now you have proper arenas offering a range of services.

I’m a sorry but I do not want scottish footballs going the same way as the tourist game in England mate.

I’m a sorry but I do not want scottish footballs going the same way as the tourist game in England mate.

Are you ok with being treated as a criminal as soon as you walk in to the areas surrounding the stadium?

Are you happy with the total embarrassment of a fanzone that we have at the moment?

Perhaps Germany is a better example of a fan experience than England.

Gotta admit I hate to see it. Union Bears tried to get a song going in the last 5 minutes to lift the team and half the Broomloan had left by that point so it had no chance of taking off.

Are you ok with being treated as a criminal as soon as you walk in to the areas surrounding the stadium?

Are you happy with the total embarrassment of a fanzone that we have at the moment?

Perhaps Germany is a better example of a fan experience than England.

I don’t go to matches to be entertained. I go for a day out with my mates and more importantly to support my club. Couldn’t care less what fanzones or whatever there is outside the ground. A few beers with my pals and 3 points is all that matters to me

Basically everyone that leaves early- it's my season ticket ,it's my right to go when I want. Yeah it is but you're affecting the games atmosphere while having the audacity to claim how mighty the rangers support are .

Basically everyone that leaves early- it's my season ticket ,it's my right to go when I want. Yeah it is but you're affecting the games atmosphere while having the audacity to claim how mighty the rangers support are .
Everyone could stay to 90 minutes atmosphere would still be shite 9/10. There’s only one area interested in making a noise

Here’s my idea to solve this prickly problem.
Each seat is fitted with weight sensitive electric pad, each supporter choosing to leave before full time will be blasted with huge blast of electricity.
On full time when the referee blows his whistle for full time, this cuts the electricity flowing to the seat.
I’ve refined this idea a bit because I had originally been thinking that each fan could have electrodes attached to their testicles. Anyone leaving early would be zapped but with hindsight that’s just ridiculous.
I’m an ideas man.
There are some who might like that sensation. :p

I have said many times on here it's like going to watch a film and not staying till the end, what's the point in going it's a live event where anything can happen, take wednesday night in my opinion St Mirren finished the stronger team and the corner they got in extra time could have resulted in a goal, where was the support then.
Whilst I realise some may have to leave that we bit early we all know what time it finishes most regulars will know what time they get home at, so why are supporters leaving early.
Beats me

never left early but then grew up in stranraer and now in glasgow area so no real journey as such for me now.lads getting boats to ireland they have to leave imagine bit early at times as going down the 77 is a nightmare after ayr and caught behind traffic,lorries could mean them missing a ferry home which is a huge cost.

I don’t go to matches to be entertained. I go for a day out with my mates and more importantly to support my club. Couldn’t care less what fanzones or whatever there is outside the ground. A few beers with my pals and 3 points is all that matters to me

But what if you could turn up early and have a few beers inside the concourse?

But what if you could turn up early and have a few beers inside the concourse?

Id probably still just stick to the normal pubs I go to on matchdays mate. Half time maybe yes it would be nice to get a pint but then we would have ones gurning about fans leaving their seats 10 mins before half time to get in the drink que lol

Id probably still just stick to the normal pubs I go to on matchdays mate. Half time maybe yes it would be nice to get a pint but then we would have ones gurning about fans leaving their seats 10 mins before half time to get in the drink que lol

I just think fans should have the opportunity to get a few beers inside the stadium. The situation currently is that fans are heading to the stadium as late as possible and leaving early. Clubs should be doing all they can to make fans want to spend time around the stadium.

No supporters bus I've ever been on would ever leave without someone that had traveled through on and it's not like the busses park 10 mile from the stadium.

I know guys that leave early to go for a pint before the bus home which could be solved by selling it in the ground.

They could also improve the transport link around Ibrox to help local supporters who use the subway get home.

It's maybe something club1872 need to raise with the club

Everyone could stay to 90 minutes atmosphere would still be shite 9/10. There’s only one area interested in making a noise
I don't agree with the at all, a full stadium most certainly has a better atmosphere , I think it's also a positive for the team , Gerrard has alluded to this !

I don't agree with the at all, a full stadium most certainly has a better atmosphere , I think it's also a positive for the team , Gerrard has alluded to this !
The atmosphere is shite bar European or Old firm games when the stadium is full. Even in Europe it takes the full stadium a while to actually get going

To be honest no point arguing about it anymore. People who want to leave early are entitled to do so for whatever their reasons may be. I won’t stop doing what I do just cause billy 3 seats down doesn’t like it. Whether I stay or leave early affects no one but myself. As long as we get the win that’s all that matters to me

The atmosphere is shite bar European or Old firm games when the stadium is full. Even in Europe it takes the full stadium a while to actually get going

I think Aberdeen and hibs games can be noisy enough mate. Looking forward to this Aberdeen game next Saturday think it should be decent atmosphere

Personally I can never understand it. Nobody thinks of turning up 15 minutes late so why go 15 minutes early. Mind you I may have been tempted myself on Wednesday had I not fallen asleep.

Who decides when the supporters buses leave btw? Is it the bus driver or the fans paying for the
Personally I can never understand it. Nobody thinks of turning up 15 minutes late so why go 15 minutes early. Mind you I may have been tempted myself on Wednesday had I not fallen asleep.
I switched my iPad off at 85 min,was convinced Walsh would give them a chance of a goal
lawless bastard disloyal

It must be great to be so perfect and sit in judgement of others.
Yes there are some who leave early to get a beer or whatever and that’s entirely up to them. Many people have their own other reasons, family, travel, work commitments. It’s really no-one else’s business and some comments on this thread are embarrassing.

10 minutes play after that. Depressing that fans are not committed to stay the distance to help the team see the game out

I know this is a regular post on here. I know there are fans who have no choice, they have to leave. I know these people got off their arses and packed the stadium out. I know there are things/reasons I am missing.

I also know if we were playing an ' important' game tonight. The stadium would be almost full. It I also know that every game we play is important!!!!!. The sooner these fans who choose to leave for no good reason realise they are letting the team down.

Check out Anfield with 5 minutes to go. A team and fans starved of a league win for years like us. Fans committed to support their team in any way they can. Stay and appreciate the players, reward them for the 3 points.

Tried to pm you. Doesn't work. Pm me please

Anyone who buys their ST or individual match ticket has the right to go in and leave when they want

This is true of course. I can leave a crappy film at the cinema half way through aswell.

The difference, I always think, is that the actions of the 'Subway Loyal' are harmful to Rangers. They're harmful to our team. They suck everything out of the stadium.

Not all of them are "on the nightshift" etc...many just want to get home. The grumbling, moaning atmosphere that pervades Ibrox is enough to tell you that attending for many people is a chore. And this in a season where we have our best chance of a title in a decade!

So yeah, people have the "right" to leave. But they should also acknowledge how dispiriting the vast empty seats are for the atmosphere, the players and the management. It's patently obvious that Steven Gerrard isn't that impressed with our home support. The praise is often lukewarm with not too subtle pleas for more patience and support.

It's always happened (as far as I can remember) and probably always will. Can be annoying at the time but there's not much that you can do about it.

Back