Steven Gerrard 25/1 to 8/1 for rangers manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gascoigne8

Would be a beer carbon copy of souness

I know about bookies odds on manager markets but interesting this one

Jordan Rossiter stuck 5 minutes on the treatment table getting a massages worth of wages on him for the job.
Out of hope more than him deing ITK.

Would be a beer carbon copy of souness

I know about bookies odds on manager markets but interesting this one
It wouldn't be exactly like Souness. GS was 32, and had plenty in his tank to give some incredible performances on the pitch.

Steven Gerrard is retired from playing. He's 37, with no experience of senior football management, and a YOUTH COACH! He shouldn't be anywhere near our manager's job.

It does worry me his name has been mentioned. DK is a Liverpool supporter, as are his family. I'm sure he's a personal friend of SG too.

It will get worse soon as betfair have a market on it. The favourite for the job will flip flop every two days and the only one's making money will be those on betfair.
We will have rumour after rumour, we will have "names" being spotted getting off the subway, taxis, arriving by plane in fake moustache's and sunglasses with their jacket collars up as they tip their baseball cap's down over their eye's.
"Names" will be seen having lunch and dinner in glasgow restaurant's. Friend's of friend's will have heard from another friend who works with someone else's friend about secret meeting's that have took place and this is all reliable because it came from a good friend.

Unfortunately, it's a waiting game and we will just have to have faith in those above when the decision is made, and take what we hear in the meantime with a pinch of salt untill such time the decision is made.

So someone put 50p on him and shortened the odds on this incredibly volatile market. What's your point caller?

I would be more than happy for him to join the coaching staff and gain experience but he certainly shouldn't be given the managers job!

The bookies are as reliable as a handbrake on a canoe. I am afraid he is not what’s needed right now when we’re trying to stop the unwashed making 10 in a row.

Unless we’re giving him 100m like Murray did when he brought Souness in i can’t see it..
Souness arrived before Murray took over.
Souness didn't spend hugely in his first season either. He went for quality, focusing on defence. Signing Woods, Buther and Roberts. The reason he managed to win the league was down to a brilliant defence, and getting high levels of performance out of the squad he inherited from Jock Wallace. Some going because Aberdeen were managed by Alex Ferguson, Dundee Utd by Jim McLean, and we were 5th in the previous season!

Souness arrived before Murray took over.
Souness didn't spend hugely in his first season either. He went for quality, focusing on defence. Signing Woods, Buther and Roberts. The reason he managed to win the league was down to a brilliant defence, and getting high levels of performance out of the squad he inherited from Jock Wallace. Some going because Aberdeen were managed by Alex Ferguson, Dundee Utd by Jim McLean, and we were 5th in the previous season!

And this is exactly what the new manager must do. Scoring goals is not our problem, even though we still miss a umber of chances. But we need to build a much much stronger Defensive Unit. We need 2 quality CBs and two capable deputys. I am also now of the belief we need a steonger GK

And this is exactly what the new manager must do. Scoring goals is not our problem, even though we still miss a umber of chances. But we need to build a much much stronger Defensive Unit. We need 2 quality CBs and two capable deputys. I am also now of the belief we need a steonger GK
Very few sides win titles that do not have a strong defence (relative to their opposition). You can argue that the likes of Barcelona and Man city have overpowered their opponents and you aren’t going to win 4 or 5-0 every week but unless you have crazy resources relative to most of your opponents, most good sides are built from the back first. A solid defence allows the midfield to also get forward more, converting draws into wins.

I very much agree. there isn't a successful Rangers side in history that didn't have a strong defence.
It would have been so much better if we'd held onto Wilson and Bates. It's going to cost us to replace them, unless we've got some exceptional central defenders ready for the first team in our academy.

I very much agree. there isn't a successful Rangers side in history that didn't have a strong defence.
It would have been so much better if we'd held onto Wilson and Bates. It's going to cost us to replace them, unless we've got some exceptional central defenders ready for the first team in our academy.
I disagree that Wilson was our saviour with Bates. Bates I would have kept in a heartbeat but Wilson had many chances with many partners and failed in almost them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back