Steven Gerrard delighted with the win tonight

Last night reminded me of Hibs game (boxing day) last season,almost exactly same type of game us missing chances to finish it and the nervy last ten minutes when the opposition have nothing to lose and have a go.Dirrerence this season compared to last though is we hold on for the 1-0 win ! #55 .

Nobody has given St Mirren a doing this season.We move on with 3 points in the bag

Best organised defence outside us and the mentally challengeds.

Their problems are at the other end of the park.

He has to be and so do we. Winning is literally all that matters from now until the end of the season

Last night was flat on the park and in the stands, our 2 best players were unavailable and we’re just back from a few weeks off

So all things considered, thank f*** we got 3 points

Sitting biting your fingernails in the last few minutes playing St.Mirren at Ibrox is never good.
We were flat, slow and passed the ball from side to side far too often, also trying to play through a packed defence isn’t really going to work.
If we don’t go with 2 up then the only option is to play through them

He is quite clearly fucked off with the boo boys who huff and groan after 15 minutes at a misplaced pass and expect us to turn up and blow teams away every time.

He said the same thing after Kilmarnock, and before that had Beale come out and pledge for the support to “stick with the lads”. It’s ridiculous and it’s just a matter of time before he proper loses the rag properly. I think he loves it here, but this is something that is obviously testing his patience.

Last year when he was building this team he used the crowd at Ibrox as a challenge to the new players as it can be tough.

Now though it seems the home 'support' is p*ssing him off, and rightly so. If the players were shirking the challenge this season you could maybe understand the gaffer coming out and saying that if you aren't performing the fans will let you know. However, a game away from the top of the league, progressed in Europe beyond Christmas and won at their dump for the first time in years means he probably thinks the players deserve nothing but support, not a crowd itching for a bad Flanagan pass to have a go at him.

I actually enjoyed watching the last ten minutes. I thought Arfield and especially Ojo made it much better viewing. When St. Mirren actually attacked I thought we were far more likely to get a second goal than them scoring.

In 2010/11, the last time Rangers won the league, Walter Smith's side won six home games by a single-goal margin.

Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Inverness, Hearts, St Mirren and Kilmarnock again all went close at Ibrox but ultimately left empty-handed.

Last night's win was the third such instance this term, following narrow successes over Kilmarnock and Motherwell.

A midweek home game in January against St Mirren was never going to be remembered unless we lost it!

Take the win and move on to the next game, no dramas.

Sitting biting your fingernails in the last few minutes playing St.Mirren at Ibrox is never good.
We were flat, slow and passed the ball from side to side far too often, also trying to play through a packed defence isn’t really going to work.

We had far better teams under Walter that struggled against st Mirren.

Brutal watching these types of games at times, but it's the only way smaller teams have a chance of nicking a draw...just need to make sure we have enough tempo to break them down.

I’m struggling to understand the alternatives.
It’s either wide or through.
Up and over isn’t an option.

Everything about the game was flat. The players, tempo and even the crowd.

Our problem is starting the game slow, we need to press hard early on for a quick goal and kick on from there.

Back