Steven Gerrard delighted with the win tonight

Keeps the momentum going, our tempo and play will click as the games roll on after the break. 3 points is all that mattered, and all that does matter in the coming games.

I must admit I walked home delighted with the three points.

I'll take those performances with wins at the end of them all the way to May.

He is quite clearly fucked off with the boo boys who huff and groan after 15 minutes at a misplaced pass and expect us to turn up and blow teams away every time.

He said the same thing after Kilmarnock, and before that had Beale come out and pledge for the support to “stick with the lads”. It’s ridiculous and it’s just a matter of time before he proper loses the rag properly. I think he loves it here, but this is something that is obviously testing his patience.

He is quite clearly fucked off with the boo boys who huff and groan after 15 minutes at a misplaced pass and expect us to turn up and blow teams away every time.

He said the same thing after Kilmarnock, and before that had Beale come out and pledge for the support to “stick with the lads”. It’s ridiculous and it’s just a matter of time before he proper loses the rag properly. I think he loves it here, but this is something that is obviously testing his patience.
What absolute garbage. The crowd were great last night and stuck behind the team. Do you go to games? I’m thinking the answer is no.

My mate text late on to say 1-1. Frantically searched all the betting sites to see if any of them said full-time yet. Stevie is right but stressful enough 1-0 at home to At Mirren

There’s always going to be games like this when fighting for a title.

Ultimately, it would have been nice to at least get a 2nd, but we got there in the end.

Onwards to a no doubt tough game on Sunday.

In the Gaffer we trust.
Stating the obvious but the run-in is going to be an anxious affair.

You can bet the Manky Mob were pi$$ed off at our result - winning ugly is the making of Champions.

I'm sure he (like everyone else) would love to win every game playing flowing, sexy football, but sometimes you just have to grind your way through a game. Not great on the eyes or nerves, though.

3pts is the priority. How we get them at this stage of the season isn’t important.

Victories like that are what win leagues.

Inside he'll be annoyed at not killing the game off/lack of chances created. Hopefully this is the message during training for sunday

A frustrating performance given what we saw on Friday but we are missing 2 of our best players. It does emphasize how much they both bring to the team.

I just wish we would have more shots from outside the box......really could do with an Albertz style player for these types of games.

It's not what we as fans want to see, but the positive to take from the last couple of games is that the opposition just don't look like scoring.

In past seasons the nerves would be there as the games comes to a close, I wasn't nervous last night.

We look solid, composed and more experienced at the back to see tight games out against poor opposition.

3 points, move on.

I'm sure everyone will be delighted as well 3 points and a clean sheet. Only thing missing was a second to just ease the pressue

With a more attacking full back in Patterson and perhaps a more forward thinking midfielder than Kamara..possibly even Aribo in there with Ojo/Stewart when fit out wide.

Another option would have been Arfield in front of 2 of Davis/Jack/Kamara.
Agree. I’m sure privately the gaffer will want to improve on that last night. We made few clear cut chances . I would play a VERY high press to smother these teams sitting in, and use the numbers high up the pitch to exploit the errors we force. We don’t need TWO sitting midfielders ( Jack AND Kamara ). Unfortunately Stewart was injured but is the best guy to have around against packed defences. To be fair to the team, we really missed Tav and Alfredo last night. Flannigan’s inability to get up the line meant other players had to do this for him thereby taking themselves out of being another option to receive a pass or get on the end of a cross. We had no Morelos to cause mayhem and confusion up front, or hold off defenders to play runners in. An attacking aerial threat up front may help in situations where nothing is on and a cross is the only option ( other than Katic though, we alas don’t have that). I think we’ve got to improve on last night and I suspect the gaffer does too, otherwise we may not get the breakthrough or lose a stupid goal due to a slip or mistake.

3 points are all that matters. Remember how many nail-biting / turgid home games we had in the last season we won the league!! I remember, it was torture at times.

He'll take a lot of lessons from the year he almost won it when Rodgers was in charge of Liverpool. If that team weren't all over the place defensively they would have won the league that year, that 3-3 with Crystal Palace after being 3-0 up for instance.

A proper title winning team will have a few of the games we had last night. As long as we get a goal ahead and can see it out if we cant get the 2nd or 3rd then that's all that matters.

You’re correct, and if he pisses off then people can’t complain. Him & his team are doing something really special with this squad & we better appreciate it before it’s too late.

It was very similar to the Stranraer game, lots of possession and lacking a spark of creativity.
3 points and on to Sunday.
Title winning teams win games.

Probably been said umpteen times but thats exactly the type of game we would have ended up drawing or losing the past 2-3 seasons in the SPFL.

As much as that was a tough watch last night, I'm also very pleased we won that ugly. Last season those are games we 100% would've dropped points. This year we're finding a way to win against these anti football teams, and that's with important players missing.

STEVEN Gerrard last night insisted he was delighted to see Rangers win ugly against St Mirren and maintain the pressure on Celtic at the top of the Ladbrokes Premiership.

A first-half Jermain Defoe goal secured a narrow win for Gerrard’s side over Jim Goodwin’s team at Ibrox and kept them just two points behind their city rivals in the table.

The Rangers manager, whose men have a game in hand against St Johnstone at home still to play, admitted his charges didn’t perform at their best in their first league game since their win over Celtic at Parkhead last month.

However, the former Liverpool and England midfielder stressed that picking up all three points was the most important objective for his side and declared himself happy with the final outcome.
“I’m delighted with it, in terms of the outcome and result,” he said. “It gets us closer to where we want to be, six wins on the spin. So I’m positive, I’m happy.
“I understand some of the frustration around the fans, and the players, not scoring three or four. Over course of the season it’s not going to be perfect in every game. We’re still trying to find top gear.

“But it’s a win, a clean sheet, defensively very sound. We could have killed the game off, but it wasn’t to be.
“We expected St Mirren to come with that formation, to try to stay in the game as long as they could. They were very well drilled. We always knew, if the scoreline wasn’t out of reach, they would show more ambition late on.
“It left gaps we maybe should have capitalised on. But we’ll take the win and move on.”
Gerrard added: “You see Rangers v St Mirren and expect three, four five. It’s not always going to be like that You’ve got to respect them. It’s the same outcome.
“The fans are entitled to moan and groan if they want, if they’re not seeing what they expect. I’m not sitting here saying we were outstanding, everything is flying and we were brilliant. But we’re winning, doing whatever it takes to win games.

“There will be nights when we’re better, when we score more goals. But I’m not sitting here with any negativity."
Great words from the manager need to keep the negative vibes away it’s 3pts n we’re moving on to next game

A win is a win, and over the past few years we would have drawn in a game like that with a last minute equaliser

STEVEN Gerrard last night insisted he was delighted to see Rangers win ugly against St Mirren and maintain the pressure on Celtic at the top of the Ladbrokes Premiership.

A first-half Jermain Defoe goal secured a narrow win for Gerrard’s side over Jim Goodwin’s team at Ibrox and kept them just two points behind their city rivals in the table.

The Rangers manager, whose men have a game in hand against St Johnstone at home still to play, admitted his charges didn’t perform at their best in their first league game since their win over Celtic at Parkhead last month.

However, the former Liverpool and England midfielder stressed that picking up all three points was the most important objective for his side and declared himself happy with the final outcome.
“I’m delighted with it, in terms of the outcome and result,” he said. “It gets us closer to where we want to be, six wins on the spin. So I’m positive, I’m happy.
“I understand some of the frustration around the fans, and the players, not scoring three or four. Over course of the season it’s not going to be perfect in every game. We’re still trying to find top gear.

“But it’s a win, a clean sheet, defensively very sound. We could have killed the game off, but it wasn’t to be.
“We expected St Mirren to come with that formation, to try to stay in the game as long as they could. They were very well drilled. We always knew, if the scoreline wasn’t out of reach, they would show more ambition late on.
“It left gaps we maybe should have capitalised on. But we’ll take the win and move on.”
Gerrard added: “You see Rangers v St Mirren and expect three, four five. It’s not always going to be like that You’ve got to respect them. It’s the same outcome.
“The fans are entitled to moan and groan if they want, if they’re not seeing what they expect. I’m not sitting here saying we were outstanding, everything is flying and we were brilliant. But we’re winning, doing whatever it takes to win games.

“There will be nights when we’re better, when we score more goals. But I’m not sitting here with any negativity."
Will be happy with another 18 games with the exact same result to be honest.

3 points is the most important thing but i would much rather the last 10 minutes of games going forward arent as tense.

We will need to grind out results until the end of the season. We have only conceded 11 goals in the league which is some achievement given how bad Goldson and Tavernier are!

I suspect he will not be much happier than on Friday and will make sure there is no repeat on Sunday.

It's three points so I'll take it, not pretty to watch but last season we were losing or drawing games like these.

Just need to keep grinding out results, some games will be pretty with high scores and some not, it's the bigger picture in the end with 55 and a party at George Square

Over the course of a season you are going to get more than one or two of these results and performances. A great Liverpool team have won ten of their twenty two league games by one goal.

You have to win them when they happen, that’s the key to winning the league.

One of those games. Especially coming off the winter breaknd this being first competitive game really as first team XI. We will get better ones the rust comes off.

We are going to have a lot more games like that. We need to make sure we get the 3 points regardless of performance

It takes something a bit special to break down a ‘park the bus ‘ team. We had it. Job done. Move on.

3 points was the important thing, so important to pick them up when not performing well. Expecting a better performance against hearts

With a more attacking full back in Patterson and perhaps a more forward thinking midfielder than Kamara..possibly even Aribo in there with Ojo/Stewart when fit out wide.

Another option would have been Arfield in front of 2 of Davis/Jack/Kamara.

I thought you were suggesting something a bit more radical ie formation change as opposed to just picking the 'correct' first eleven. Maybe last night he could have played Paterson and Arfield from the start but I was talking more in general terms. You wanted the gaffer to approach negative teams differently but we've had similar results/performances with our first choice full backs and with various permutations in midfield, i don't see an obvious starting lineup to combat low low blocks.

Back