Stevie Chalmers passed away

Chalmers seemed a very decent person.
I hear Harry Hood is extremely poorly. Another likeable character who enjoyed a good laugh with bears in his bar in Croftfoot.

RIP and condolences to all of the Chalmers family. By all accounts a very decent bloke

Some of today's players should take a leaf out of Stevie Chalmers book ie the way he conducted himself.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Very true. Not sure what sympathy the bears will be showing when the likes of Brown and Griffiths pass, which could be fairly soon :))

R.I.P. Stevie Chalmers.

Condolences to the family. Stevie Chalmers was one of the better ones. No such respect for Auld, a horrible person who imo deliberately broke Davie Provans leg.

Chalmers seemed a very decent person.
I hear Harry Hood is extremely poorly. Another likeable character who enjoyed a good laugh with bears in his bar in Croftfoot.
Heard the same about Harry Hood. Met him a few times at different golf days and was always good company. Even though he knew you were a bluenose there was none of the bitterness that epitomises that club nowadays.

I grew up in Bishopbriggs,along with 2 of Stevie Chalmers sons,and worked with his son,Martin.....any time I was at their house,he was a very nice fella..RIP.....thoughts with Martin,Paul and the family.

An incredibly decent chap.
I played against his son more than once and he came along if he wasn’t playing himself.
One day I scored four in the second half against them, I was a sub, this was punishment after a minor disagreement with my own manager.
Anyway Mr Chalmers congratulated me at the end.
“Great game son, I’m told you’re still young enough for the eighteens?”
“If this is right, stick in and listen plenty”.
Unfortunately, as with most of the advice I got back then, I didn’t do too much listening back then.
I know, cool story and all that, but, I wanted to demonstrate what a gentleman Mr Chalmers was.
RIP and condolences to the family and friends.
his son Steven was a nice lad

Back