Stewart Robertson Interview - 3 June 2020

Some really good updates from SR. Bit disappointed there was no announcement of any progress on stadium expansion or whether the led advertising boards were getting installed.

Great news and ideas to take us into the next 150 years. Looks like the whole Rangers club have been working their arses off behind the scene. Only thing that worries me is there is a hell of lot of planning permission needed for all this! And we all know the scum running the council. Corrupt to the core.

I don’t get the 250k megastore refurb to be replaced with a new store in Edminston House within 2 years.

I do get Castore is paying it but still doesn’t make sense

It will be done in such a way where it's high end for 2 years they will make money back on that then it's easily convertible to a Sportsbar.

Same 'fans' who will be lining up for a refund , will be the same ones screaming come transfer window night to splash out a few quid and sign someone.

Should bookmark all these posters who are going to ask for a refund and watch their posts during the window while they complain we are not signing quality.. etc.
Some people are more fortunate than others! I'm in a position to allow the club to keep my cash and pay for next seasons ticket without any work pay or furlough scheme.

Some people will be on the bones of their arse and the right thing to do is reimburse those that need it

More signings, new fan zone/function suite/museum/bar/shop being built, offered money back for people who need it for missed games, ability to watch all home games that it is impossible to attend.

The club is doing all the right things at the moment.
We need an end to the corruption, when our supporters sit down in their seat at Ibrox they know they are not getting a fair crack as per the last getting on for 15 years, we know we are gonna have to buy top class players all over the park, we will have to score more goals than ever, and concede less than ever to even run them close, they have everything covered on the park and off the park, also, DP was very bullish and most of us bought into it we really thought we had them, alas looks like yet another false dawn, I know we were relying on clubs to ride alongside us, but history told us otherwise, so here's hoping and praying we destroy them on the park next season.

I have absolutely no interest in anything other than winning the league

Absolutely not convinced

We need trophy's

The plans look amazing, but they are missing a trick if they don't have a rangers dancing, like the savoy but rangers choons on... (joking by the way) imagine the atmosphere in there onn match nights probably not many birds though lol

I have absolutely no interest in anything other than winning the league

Absolutely not convinced

We need trophy's
We need both.

A museum, cafe, retail store spanning two floors and a fanzone with alcohol license generates the revenue that goes towards the success on the pitch.

These developments aren’t being carried out just to spruce the area up. It will benefit us enormously.

When you get yer money back,can you kindly just shove it right up your arse and gie us all peace.
Going to ask for it in pound notes.

images

It was a decent update but missing some stuff I’d like to know

What are the club going to do about the spfl . We can’t Just leave it there . We will be a laughing stock if we do

What’s happening with safe standing . If it can’t happen why not

What’s happening with the ticket office . Is it part of the plans . It’s an eye sore . I’d like it moved into the current megastore or edminston house

The ticket office update was given by James Bisgrove a couple weeks back. It's going mainly digital with the rest going into office space like copland house for example.

The ticket office update was given by James Bisgrove a couple weeks back. It's going mainly digital with the rest going into office space like copland house for example.

So does that mean fans won’t be able to physically visit the ticket office /office space . That doesn’t sound great either. Some things are best dealt with in person and not via email/phone

So does that mean fans won’t be able to physically visit the ticket office /office space . That doesn’t sound great either. Some things are best dealt with in person and not via email/phone
There will be a physical office but very minimal as the way the world is very little will be face to face. I.e emergency replacements on matchday you would have to pick up from there.

i'd love to see all the seats getting replaced in the stadium to make it a true blue sea of Ibrox once again, i know as priorities go it's not high up there but the sun-bleached and faded seats really do take the look off our amazing stadium

Even doing it a bit at a time over next 2 years.

Thought that was a decent update. EH upgrade is something that I was always in favour of, glad its going to happen.

Planning approvals I would hope are going to be straightforward otherwise the bias from GCC will be highlighted post lock-down. Jobs will be created, so hopefully development grants will be available.

Regarding challenging the SPFL, I can only assume that the club will await the result of Friday's vote and whether Hearts are forced to go legal, or we have decided our evidence isn't strong enough to stand up in court?
Correct the club aren’t in position to move ahead with anything until they know they outcome of the resolution.
Some of our fans are clueless and expect everything to happen yesterday.

Excellent interview with some really exciting plans about new store,Museum and new bar etc and some roosters on FF are complaining about how to get their £25 and worried about their season ticket bloody refund!
Honesty think you would get idiots on her complaining about something if we signed messi

Really positive for me. Such a refreshing change to see the board planning ahead and developing ALL departments of the club.

The supporters Hub at Edmiston House look great. The museum especially is something that fans have been crying out for for years.

I'm pleased.

There are some really good things happening at the Club make no mistake but when I watched that interview I couldn't help thinking that all the positives he was talking about were just a smokescreen that we've accepted the way the season & has ended & that's the end of it.

No move on safe standing? Surely improving the matchday atmosphere should have been priority, especially when the manager had to come out in his press conferences last season and ask the fans to back the team.

Excellent interview with some really exciting plans about new store,Museum and new bar etc and some roosters on FF are complaining about how to get their £25 and worried about their season ticket bloody refund!
Honesty think you would get idiots on her complaining about something if we signed messi

‘he’s too wee’

Some people are more fortunate than others! I'm in a position to allow the club to keep my cash and pay for next seasons ticket without any work pay or furlough scheme.

Some people will be on the bones of their arse and the right thing to do is reimburse those that need it
That’s too sensible for some of the baying mob on here.

I think it’s shortsighted of the board to be selling part of the car park in order to build a museum. Once the land is sold, it’s sold forever. We’ll never get the chance to reclaim it. If we don’t have the money just now to refurbish Edminston House they we should wait until we do. We shouldn’t be selling land on our front doorstep to pay for it.

It was a decent update but missing some stuff I’d like to know

What are the club going to do about the spfl . We can’t Just leave it there . We will be a laughing stock if we do

What’s happening with safe standing . If it can’t happen why not

What’s happening with the ticket office . Is it part of the plans . It’s an eye sore . I’d like it moved into the current megastore or edminston house
Safe standing is never happening. I asked SR about it up at the stage at the end of the last AGM and he more or less said as much. At that point he blamed the UEFA charges on the Union Bears and said it wasn't something the club are actively looking at, despite fans crying out for safe standing way before we were getting charged by UEFA.

So we are selling car parking for housing to enable housing on an Another area We own for and use as car parking for housing . . .

I'm going to guess the land we are buying for parking is either somewhere you wouldn't want to build houses due to it's location, or would be too expensive to build houses on (contaminated land/mine works etc).

Safe standing is never happening. I asked SR about it up at the stage at the end of the last AGM and he more or less said as much. At that point he blamed the UEFA charges on the Union Bears and said it wasn't something the club are actively looking at, despite fans crying out for safe standing way before we were getting charged by UEFA.

Well that’s an absolute discrace in my eyes. I don’t see what effect the charges have . They happened without safe standing and I obv hope they don’t happen again but I don’t think safe standing will have an impact . Doubt the UB will be like omg safe standing let’s give TBB some airing. they really need to come out and explain. also safe standing wouldn’t even be allowed at uefa games. Aye folk would just stand with their seat down but they do that now anyway . Excuses from him

So as it stands there's no plans to increase the capacity of Ibrox?

I know there was talk of/architect plans to fill in the corners and lower the pitch.

Some really exciting projects to look forward to...Which hopefully should generate future income for the playing squad.
I can’t wait until we can get back to some sort of normality, so we can all get back to supporting our team.

I think the Club are spot on to keep moving and not be caught napping. The museum sounds amazing and about time to and also the return of the Rangers stores at the stadium. I know we wanted to know what the script is with regard to the SPFL,I did for one,but he was never going to reveal anything ongoing if there is,he seemed to bypass the league situation with a we're disappointed vibe and so didn't know what to take from that. But delighted the Club is getting back to the Club we recognise pre 2012.

I asked him as well at end of agm got exactly the same answer
Disappointed loyal

so you actually believe the club was worried they wouldn’t sell out the stadium if they didn’t make court threats?

you believe your fellow supporters bought their tickets because the club was threatening legal action?
We were told the club would not be found wanting. You expect fans to keep believing this pish when they never win?

Last edited:
I think it’s shortsighted of the board to be selling part of the car park in order to build a museum. Once the land is sold, it’s sold forever. We’ll never get the chance to reclaim it. If we don’t have the money just now to refurbish Edminston House they we should wait until we do. We shouldn’t be selling land on our front doorstep to pay for it.

Let me get this right, a non performing asset in terms of revenue should be kept while we also retain another non performing asset (and eyesore) that costs money just lying doing nothing. We need to keep both these assets until such time as we can get cash to make the changes necessary. In the meantime the income that the new performing asset would generate and the goodwill would be lost. I think I like the idea of selling part of the car park.

This is what REALLY fucks me off.
The club made a massive song and dance about it all, statements every other day, dossiers etc.
Lines about the status quo cannot continue and the club will not be found wanting.
Well guess what.... We have been found wanting, we are a fucking laughing stock amongst at least 10 other spfl clubs after all the bluster.
We've had to sit back now and allow them to be awarded a trophy to do their 9'in a row (regardless of how many times we keep stating it isn't)' and even today we have been trolled by them thanking Doncaster and sky for basically assisting the carve up.
If that REALLY is the end of it and we are now 'looking ahead to getting football back'........
we've had to put up with blatant cheating costing us points all season long, we watched them be awarded the league cup via a BLATANT offside goal then to top it all off we witnessed a blatant carve up to ensure they got that title handed to them again.
So the reality for me is if we have accepted it as a club there ain't much point in next season as it'll be the same shit every week from the cabal at the top table to ensure they 10 in a row happens.
The 'competition' will continue to not be allowed to be a competition, merely everyone else is a pawn to make the scum ' history makers' (a line from taken from today's nauseating sky/virtual ticket announcement).
thank %^*& someone else hasn't given up. The message in here is now what do you expect the club to do, let's look forward. Well %^*& that.

Back