Stick with Gerrard

Unfortunately stuck with him.

We cant afford a pay off and the risk that a new manager coming in will hit the ground running.

Pity we couldn't afford Van Bronckhorst he would be my choice.

And howdo you know that he would be the answer to our problems.We need to try and find an invester to finance our manager, to help him to bring in a better class of player.
He's not going to do much with average journeymen playing for him, these guys have had there chance, and proved that there not good enough to wear the blue jersey.So they have to be replaced by winners, and have the heart to go out on the park and fight for our great club.Otherwise try and get rid of the dead wood, if at all possible.Time's up for them now.imo.

I think we need to look at the big picture.

Since he took over, the growth of the team has been fantastic, the European progress better than anyone would have thought imaginable.

Domestically, last season we could stomach the post january collapse and no trophies as it was his first season, both as a manager and more importantly rebuilding the squad.

This season, again Europe excellent, but the post January slump this time cannot be accepted, it is unacceptable and it is on Gerrard as much as the players, I think we must win the Scottish Cup, otherwise if he does stay, it is getting to the stage it is just a matter of time, the goodwill will have ran out, and one run of poor games sees the fans turn which is the last thing we need at the start of next season.

Just now, I am fully behind him, however, should we not win the Scottish Cup, I am not sure how we can go into next season with him as manager, the pressure on him before the season would be unreal, pressure which he has not shown he can handle, and certainly the players haven't shown they can handle the pressure.

The big problem is the goodwill is running out, I just hope and pray we can win the Scottish Cup which will bring alot of the belief and goodwill back.

The importance people put on a formation change is mind boggling. And I say that as someone who's been critical of Gerrard in the past for a lack if flexibility.

But going 442 or 352 isn't suddenly going to get Kamara and Katic playing well again. In a general sense, players win football matches not shape. We've been playing 4321 for nearly a year now and it was dominating the league up until December.

Our players form has dropped off a cliff since December that's the main issue rather than the shape. I also agree it's the managers job to get the players playing again as well but we've had injuries to key players and game changing refereeing decisions going against us in a lot of the games.

The only two games we've genuinely been utterly awful and deserved nothing from in games we dropped points were Tynecastle and Sunday. All the other games we would have won if the ref done his job.

You're seriously suggesting we can boot %^*& out of other players? AND Get away with it?

Do you even watch rangers? Or are you too busy watching the scum? :))

Ive had a season ticket for Over 20 years your no doubt an arm chair fan who doesn’t even know where Ibrox is .

If Morelos form doesn't pick up we get nothing like what we hoped for. The team struggles the rest of the season it affects the value of our squad. Barasic and Kamara have a good euro's so their stock will improve. Do we sell Morelos on the cheap and punt the 2 I've mentioned?

We will still get good money for Alfie as he’s scored 14 goals in Europe this season the other 2 can go especially Kamara as well as anyone else we get offered decent money for.

Ive had a season ticket for Over 20 years your no doubt an arm chair fan who doesn’t even know where Ibrox is .
Then mate I think you need to head to specsavers :)) We get %^*& all and we don't fight back. What do you think is gonna happen when we start booting %^*& out of them? 6,7 men on the pitch? Not sure how we're gonna win games like that :))

I don't disagree we need to fight back but at the end of the day we aren't allowed to, so to avoid being sent off and making dropping points even higher chance, it's better to play it safe.

Disagree i think if you have a good look at our league position, no other team can touch us, regarding the points total up until now.
Excluding the soapdodgers, which could change if we get our act together.
We will not Surrender while S.Gs.in charge, so lets continue on our journey, and give the manager and team our continous loyal support, as always.As WATP. We will follow on.

As long as he is the manager Gerrard has my full backing if he doesn’t sort this slump quick he won’t last or will jump ship if a decent offer comes in .

And howdo you know that he would be the answer to our problems.We need to try and find an invester to finance our manager, to help him to bring in a better class of player.
He's not going to do much with average journeymen playing for him, these guys have had there chance, and proved that there not good enough to wear the blue jersey.So they have to be replaced by winners, and have the heart to go out on the park and fight for our great club.Otherwise try and get rid of the dead wood, if at all possible.Time's up for them now.imo.

An Investor to finance the manager? He has spent circa net £20m on players are we are no where near Celtic. The problem isn't the money - the problem is the tactical ineptness of Gerrard.

He needs to rotate the squad and find formations against teams that sit in. No use playing 2 holding midfielders against Ross County at home or 2 number 10s. It doesn't work. We are too predictable.

His subs are baffling - He reverted back to a 4-3-3 on Sunday which did us no favours. He waiting until the 83rd minute when Killie equalised to make his subs when players were breathing out their hoops.

Van Bronkhurst has at least won something and was praised for the type of football he played. A young manager who knows Rangers. I do think however wages would be too much.

Bottom line is we will stick with Gerrard, but I will be majorly annoyed if he lines up the usual 4-3-3 with the undropable Kent on Saturday.

Then mate I think you need to head to specsavers :)) We get %^*& all and we don't fight back. What do you think is gonna happen when we start booting %^*& out of them? 6,7 men on the pitch? Not sure how we're gonna win games like that :))

I don't disagree we need to fight back but at the end of the day we aren't allowed to, so to avoid being sent off and making dropping points even higher chance, it's better to play it safe.

I certainly don’t my eye sight is perfect I just can see through the Gerrard stars that are in your eyes.

As for all the referee stuff he’s made the rod for his own back with some of the ridiculous comments he’s made after games when he should have been giving them it tight.

You think Lemon would put up with the shite that’s happened to us ?

We have no one irreplaceable do we ??

Any players we get what we think are worth can easily be replaced.

You asked for a solution I’ve given you one .

There must be a core of the team. Somebody that's worth while keeping and having in your side. I would keep Morelos and try get him on form again. If we punt him now we'll get nothing like the money we were talking about earlier in the season. If try and keep Hagi. I'd keep Aribo. I'd keep Barasic

We have no one irreplaceable do we ??

Any players we get what we think are worth can easily be replaced.

You asked for a solution I’ve given you one .
Except it doesn't work that way because SPL players are undervalued. Any money we get for a player is gonna be less than he's actually worth - thus making getting a player of similar abilities much more expensive for us. As a result, we have to get someone who's worse, but has potential that we can work on which will take time. And any direct replacements pound for pound will demand higher wages due to the price tag, so in reality we can't replace them like for like.

For example, how much do you think Alfredo is worth? And who are we buying that's of similar ability to him for the same amount of money?

Anyone we sell will be replaced with someone more often than not worse of, but with potential to reach heights. Hence why we have to make a few changes each time so we can build them up, if we have a full squad of people with just 'potential' it's gonna be harder to win games. Either that or we go for the old and past it, but we know their abilities, and we all know how that's worked out, defoe aside.

Any half decent manager with the budget we have should be beating the rest on a regular basis.

Before Gerrard came in we had hardly lost a game to Aberdeen in years Kilmarnock the same.

He’s not learning from his mistakes and if they get a Quadruple treble he should get his jitters.

That's absolute nonsense, there's managers down south spending big bucks on 2nd rate players, and there still fighting against relegation.
Give S.G.another season minimum, and he'll turn
It around for us.
Fans and pundits go on about Popcorn teeth's team, this was a team that Rodgers left for him, so how can people compare the two managers.
Popcorn teeth was sacked by Bolton & the mighty Hibs.so why is he rated so highly by certain people in the media etc.And yet weve got fans that think we should sack a young manager with potential.if he was with a smaller club, nobody would bat an eyelid, but he's with one of the biggest clubs in Europe and under pressure beçause of who we are.
Give the guy a break, and continous support and i think by doing that, he'll come up with the results and the trophies we desire.WATP.

I certainly don’t my eye sight is perfect I just can see through the Gerrard stars that are in your eyes.

As for all the referee stuff he’s made the rod for his own back with some of the ridiculous comments he’s made after games when he should have been giving them it tight.

You think Lemon would put up with the shite that’s happened to us ?
As I said.

Gerrard questioned on Michael Beale's suspension = "We'll deal with that, I can't say my true thoughts as I'd get into a lot of trouble"

Gerrard when he first came after the aberdeen game he spoke about refs = Rangers fined

A blind man could see Gerrard's hands are being tied back when it comes to speaking about the refs.

This place has gone full scale mental, the same folk calling for Gerrard to be sacked will be the same ones moaning about the list of replacements.

Alex Neil? isnt he a Tim. A tim managing Rangers the season they go for TIAR

There must be a core of the team. Somebody that's worth while keeping and having in your side. I would keep Morelos and try get him on form again. If we punt him now we'll get nothing like the money we were talking about earlier in the season. If try and keep Hagi. I'd keep Aribo. I'd keep Barasic

No point in keeping Morelos he’s done in Scotland and looks like he wants out .

If you get offered 10 million for Barasic wouldn’t you take it as I am sure I would.

Aribo doesn’t convince me 100% and will either improve or fade out the picture currently for me he’s not a regular starter .

No one is going to buy all our players but loosing 3 to the tune of 25-30 million I would happily let them go .

That funds your new management team and gives them a kitty of 20 million.

I think that argument has validity only if we were winning things, but we aren't. You seem to be saying that without SG Rangers would be locked in perpetuity to a situation in which we play 2nd fiddle to the yahoos. Of course we wouldn't. We would need of course to identify a young, dynamic, ambitious manager who is tactically sophisticated, with motivational skills and who is willing to give youth a more prominent role than is currently the case.

Secondly, of those players you cited who came to Ibrox because of Gerrard, how many (Hagi hasn't been here long enough to pass judgement on) have been unequivocal successes on a consistent basis?

It's not what I am saying. We have had people claim on here that players have chosen to come to us over the mentally challengeds in recent transfer windows solely due Steven Gerrard being our manager. We will play second fiddle to the mentally challengeds when it comes to the transfer market, they can pay more in wages than we can and can offer a crack at the Champions League. You are kidding yourself on if you don't think that is the case.

Right, so your solution is to sack our current young manager and hire another young manager who will utilise our youth players more? I'm sorry bud but I don't see how that yields the results we all want any quicker than the course we are currently on right now. If you would have argued for an older manager with more management experience, I'd maybe understand your logic. You're advocating for another Gerrard type manager essentially.

Well the vast majority of the players I've mentioned have been good signings for us and some have been bought to develop. Kent is currently toiling and his fee does not match his current talent level, at the moment but find me one Rangers fan that wasn't delighted when he signed. Can we at least agree that those players have so far proved to have been a better calibre of player than the ones we were signing under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty?

As I said.

Gerrard questioned on Michael Beale's suspension = "We'll deal with that, I can't say my true thoughts as I'd get into a lot of trouble"

Gerrard when he first came after the aberdeen game he spoke about refs = Rangers fined

A blind man could see Gerrard's hands are being tied back when it comes to speaking about the refs.

So he was right not to complain about the handball at Kille or when Goldson nearly had his leg snapped it was only a yellow .

If that was across the road we wouldn’t have heard the end of it but let’s keep this dignified silence pish , It will ultimately cost him his job .

If you get offered 10 million for Barasic wouldn’t you take it as I am sure I would.

Aribo doesn’t convince me 100% and will either improve or fade out the picture currently for me he’s not a regular starter .

No one is going to buy all our players but loosing 3 to the tune of 25-30 million I would happily let them go .

So who are we replacing Barisic, Morelos and Arifeld for £20m in total with that's just as good or better (since you know, we have a league to win next year)?

We wouldn't even get a Morelos replacement for that much less all 3 :))

So he was right not to complain about the handball at Kille or when Goldson nearly had his leg snapped it was only a yellow .

If that was across the road we wouldn’t have heard the end of it but let’s keep this dignified silence pish , It will ultimately cost him his job .
Who said he was right?

I said his hands are tied. Clearly by someone above him. What do you want him to do?

That's absolute nonsense, there's managers down south spending big bucks on 2nd rate players, and there still fighting against relegation.
Give S.G.another season minimum, and he'll turn
It around for us.
Fans and pundits go on about Popcorn teeth's team, this was a team that Rodgers left for him, so how can people compare the two managers.
Popcorn teeth was sacked by Bolton & the mighty Hibs.so why is he rated so highly by certain people in the media etc.And yet weve got fans that think we should sack a young manager with potential.if he was with a smaller club, nobody would bat an eyelid, but he's with one of the biggest clubs in Europe and under pressure beçause of who we are.
Give the guy a break, and continous support and i think by doing that, he'll come up with the results and the trophies we desire.WATP.

There are 2 teams in Scotland we aren’t in the championship.

So what if the same thing happens againnext season do we just keep him till its 15 in a row incase he comes good ?

There are 2 teams in Scotland we aren’t in the championship.

So what if the same thing happens againnext season do we just keep him till its 15 in a row incase he comes good ?
We keep him until he stops improving us.

If they win 300 in a row that's more of a testament to how far we were behind in the first place, if we continue to improve year on year and still can't win the league.

So who are we replacing Barisic, Morelos and Arifeld for £20m in total with that's just as good or better (since you know, we have a league to win next year)?

We wouldn't even get a Morelos replacement for that much less all 3 :))

Barasic cost 1.5 million Alfie 1 million and I never mentioned Arfield but that’s the scouting teams job 20 million would buy us 4-5 very good players.

If they win 300 in a row that's more of a testament to how far we were behind in the first place, if we continue to improve year on year and still can't win the league.

Mean while the club goes bankrupt as everyone chucks it .

Who would you like to see as manager?

Barasic cost 1.5 million Alfie 1 million and I never mentioned Arfield but that’s the scouting teams job 20 million would buy us 4-5 very good players.
How long did it take for barisic and Alfie to come to the standard they are now? We have a league to win next season and you'll want him sacked if we don't win it. Why do you want us to replace our stars with players who may take a few seasons to get up to the quality we currently have?

How long do we wait for this transformation he’s had the best part of 2 seasons and apart from Europe we are going backwards?
How are we going backwards ? at worst we are about the same but the mentally challengeds are having a liverpoolesque type season they have only lost 2 games and drawn 1 all season nobody forsaw that ,yes we are going through a bad spell at the moment but we are moving forward ,perhaps we as fans should be more realistic in our expectations and give the team both management and players more time to raise our levels even more,dont forget the mhedia campaign against our players and our club that's bound to have a negative effect on any human being,add to that the refs attitude towards our players that's worth at least 10 points so keep the faith, remember No surrender and no walking away we will get back to where we belong it's just a matter of time WATP

No Rangers manager should survive if they haven’t won silverware after 3 seasons.

No Rangers manager should survive if they haven’t won silverware after 3 seasons.
No Rangers manager has had to manage Rangers in the state Gerrard took over us, either. Again you forget where we came from and the state we were in 2 years ago.

Once again, if we keep improving - what's the problem? As long as we keep improving we'll close the gap eventually, and if that takes a long time - once again - that's more of a testatement to how far we were behind in the first place.

If we get 10+ points more than last season then you would be a simpleton to sack the manager.

If he adds another 10 points next season then we have every chance of lifting the title.

How are we going backwards ? at worst we are about the same but the mentally challengeds are having a liverpoolesque type season they have only lost 2 games and drawn 1 all season nobody forsaw that ,yes we are going through a bad spell at the moment but we are moving forward ,perhaps we as fans should be more realistic in our expectations and give the team both management and players more time to raise our levels even more,dont forget the mhedia campaign against our players and our club that's bound to have a negative effect on any human being,add to that the refs attitude towards our players that's worth at least 10 points so keep the faith, remember No surrender and no walking away we will get back to where we belong it's just a matter of time WATP

I must have imagined all the games since the Scum that’s why we are going backwards,

He’s ran out of ideas and looks to have lost the dressing room and his comments don’t make me thing anything else.

As I said yesterday let’s see who’s interested and take it from there , One thing though someone with a track record of success.

You've been advocating for him to go for 2 days now. You must have someone in mind you would like to see.

No Rangers manager has had to manage Rangers in the state Gerrard took over us, either. Again you forget where we came from and the state we were in 2 years ago.

Once again, if we keep improving - what's the problem? As long as we keep improving we'll close the gap eventually, and if that takes a long time - once again - that's more of a testatement to how far we were behind in the first place.

I am afraid that doesn’t wash we can’t go another season with out winning something.

If we get 10+ points more than last season then you would be a simpleton to sack the manager.

If he adds another 10 points next season then we have every chance of lifting the title.
@Rio Loyal @Jjbscotty expect Gerrard to be called in and be told

"10 points more than last season? Further in europe? Further in the cups? Beaten them at their own piggery for the first time in 10 years? Lost a cup due to a cheating referee? I'm sorry Mr. Gerrard, your time here is up. Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

And then they want Mcinnes brought in..... Definitely two accounts worth a deep look into by admins if you ask me

"10 points more than last season? Further in europe? Further in the cups? Beaten them at their own piggery for the first time in 10 years? Lost a cup due to a cheating referee? I'm sorry Mr. Gerrard, your time here is up. Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

And then they want Mcinnes brought in..... Definitely two accounts worth a deep look into by admins if you ask me
You keep mentioning winning at the piggery but what use is that when he can’t get the better of Kilmarnock and Aberdeen?

You’re just making things up now when did I say bring Mcinnes in? :)) :))

You've been advocating for him to go for 2 days now. You must have someone in mind you would like to see.

Sure Ross Wilson has several people in mind as I said yesterday see who’s interested and take it from there as I have no idea on Budgets.

You keep mentioning winning at the piggery but what use is that when he can’t get the better of Kilmarnock and Aberdeen?
"10 points more in the league" covers that.

We can drop points to Killie and Aberdeen and still win the league. But don't worry, we can't beat Killie or Aberdeen! Gerrard out! Mcinnes in! 10 in a row!

we should bring in Klopp as he would immediately bring success like Liverpool where he er checks notes finished 8th, 4th and 2nd in his first 3 seasons.

I am more of a Rangers fan than you will ever be pal I can quite easily send pictures of my 3 season tickets to Admin at any point .

I never once said to bring McInnes in you can go back through all my posts and quote it when you find it .

I said If he doesn’t win a cup this season he should be off and to be honest I will be surprised if he’s still here next season if that’s the case.

I should say that we haven’t yet achieved 10+ more points than last season and may not do on current 2020 form.

Losing at Hearts on Sat would not be clever either.

"10 points more in the league" covers that.

We can drop points to Killie and Aberdeen and still win the league. But don't worry, we can't beat Killie or Aberdeen! Gerrard out! Mcinnes in! 10 in a row!
We could finish in 6th place next season and you’d still back gerrard. I have not once mentioned bring mccines in so stop making things up.

Back