Stick with Gerrard

I think it would be absolutely crazy to get rid of Gerrard. Admittedly i have not ready the thread but to bring in a new manager now or at the end of the season would be a massive steps back. Yes, the last few weeks have been extremely frustrating but unfortunately, we are never going to achieve instant success. Gerrard and the coaching staff have clearly, without a doubt improved us massively. I’m sure they have learned a lot this season, perhaps more than last and I firmly believe this coaching staff will bring us silverware, hopefully in the league.

We could finish in 6th place next season and you’d still back gerrard. I have not once mentioned bring mccines in so stop making things up.
Nope he'd be sacked because that's regression - All I've said is we shouldn't sack gerrard while we are improving - and we have improved this season upon last.

We could win europa league this season and the treble next season and you'd still want him sacked because Mcinnes has the better of him! Lmao

This place has gone full scale mental, the same folk calling for Gerrard to be sacked will be the same ones moaning about the list of replacements.

Alex Neil? isnt he a Tim. A tim managing Rangers the season they go for TIAR

If you read what was posted you would have understood what was said. He will probably be on one of our future lists, especially if he keeps on doing well at Deepdale.

Scottish, played up here, knows the game, managed in Scotland, knows what Rangers are all about and the expectations. Success with Norwich in that he won promotion to the English Premiership. Doing well with an unfashionable side in the English Championship...

He was linked prior to Gerrard and I certainly wasn't in favour of him.

I always find it amusing when people say foreigners don't understand what Rangers are about compared to Gerrard. Try telling Dick Advocaat that one. That's not suggesting The Little General before any one loses their shit.

Give me a manager with trophies in his locker over some one who's not delivered.

One of our players is on more a week than StJohnstones full team and our budget dwarfs everyone’s except the mentally challengeds our budget is plenty.

if St Johnstone finished within 30 points of us in the league you’d have a point.

The season is still ongoing - 2 cups to play for and the league points haul need reviewed then.

Nobody likes not winning but so far this season is better than last season by some distance.

if St Johnstone finished within 30 points of us in the league you’d have a point.

The season is still ongoing - 2 cups to play for and the league points haul need reviewed then.

Nobody likes not winning but so far this season is better than last season by some distance.

Not since the turn of the year it’s not and it looks like Gerrard has run out of ideas as well as loosing the dressing room.
If he doesn’t turn it round in the next few games domestically he will either jump or be pushed by Christmas wasting another full season.

Not since the turn of the year it’s not and it looks like Gerrard has run out of ideas as well as loosing the dressing room.
If he doesn’t turn it round in the next few games domestically he will either jump or be pushed by Christmas wasting another full season.

We need just 15 points from the last 11 games to improve on last season.

Improved in the league cup and the Europa.

FYI McInnes wouldn't get anywhere near the job now, the fans would make their feelings clear on that IMO.

It’s not a success for me unless we win a cup and finish closer to them than we are now.

Are you confident of beating Hearts ?

no but I wouldn’t sack Gerrard because I am nervous about a cup tie.

Saturday is huge - if we exit two cups then the pressure will be enormous- a very very strong finish in the league will be required. 28 points out of the last 33 as minimum.

It's not what I am saying. We have had people claim on here that players have chosen to come to us over the mentally challengeds in recent transfer windows solely due Steven Gerrard being our manager. We will play second fiddle to the mentally challengeds when it comes to the transfer market, they can pay more in wages than we can and can offer a crack at the Champions League. You are kidding yourself on if you don't think that is the case.

Right, so your solution is to sack our current young manager and hire another young manager who will utilise our youth players more? I'm sorry bud but I don't see how that yields the results we all want any quicker than the course we are currently on right now. If you would have argued for an older manager with more management experience, I'd maybe understand your logic. You're advocating for another Gerrard type manager essentially.

Well the vast majority of the players I've mentioned have been good signings for us and some have been bought to develop. Kent is currently toiling and his fee does not match his current talent level, at the moment but find me one Rangers fan that wasn't delighted when he signed. Can we at least agree that those players have so far proved to have been a better calibre of player than the ones we were signing under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty?

First of ll I AM NOT advocating for sacking of Gerrard - I'm still hoping he will turn things around. It should be remembered that Gerrard is a rookie manager, who was given a huge task to accomplish. What I am saying is that at some point an objective assessment of his performance as manager needs to be made. If it is determined that his tenure has not been as successful as it might have been, then a decision has to be made that MIGHT include a parting of the ways.

If things should come to a break, I sincerely expect that we would identify a better calibre of manager than Warburton, Caixinha and Murty - they represented a low point in the club's history. This is why I would hope that research is already bing done to identify a young, high quality replacement with a good track record should it become necessary. This obviously wasn't the case previously.

Also, as to the utilization of youth players, I think the has become one of SG's weaknesses, I am not al all suggesting that he throw in young players when they aren't ready. Rather, he should be looking for opportunities to give them some playing minutes, with a view to eventually integrating them into the 1st team squad.

Whilst, your point re. the yahoos having a financial advantage over us is obviously correct, money isn't always the decisive factor in determining success. Just look at the position of Leicester viz-a-viz ManU. Despite having been vastly outspent, Leicester are streets ahead in the EPL because they have a very capable manager in charge who has made a huge difference in their fortunes.

Who's doing the same things?

We've done plenty different from last season and we're in a better position than last season.

We changed things up on Thursday and we're still in Europe.

We changed things up on Sunday and although it didn't go to plan you can't really blame Gerrard for Katic's mistakes. If Katic didn't make those mistakes we'd all be here hailing him a tactical genius for changing the game to get us forward then changing it again to keep the 3 points. Yet because of an INDIVIDUAL'S ERROR, Gerrard is somehow the worst manager ever.

And if we kept playing the way we where and still let a goal in and it ended up 2-2, we'd all be here slating him for not holding onto the win.

There's no win when your at Rangers. It's a loss/loss situation because we have the power of hindsight and no matter what he does, he loses.

Changed things up? Not exactly...

When Braga scored their second, Gerrard simply went back into the dugout and sat on his arse..It was the skill of Hagi with his goal that changed things that night and gave the team momentum and fans a lift...not gerrard...

Every man and his dug knew that it was desperately needing changed after going 1-0 down to St Johnstone and bringing Kamberi on was hardly a master stroke....why can he not start with 2 up front from the off? Then when we're on top of the game, he goes all defensive and brings on Davis to hold on for a win which are rank rotten defence has failed to do...Yes, Katic had a nightmare but we could have played our way out of it if Gerrard hadnt gone to sit in for a win...

no but I wouldn’t sack Gerrard because I am nervous about a cup tie.

Saturday is huge - if we exit two cups then the pressure will be enormous- a very very strong finish in the league will be required. 28 points out of the last 33 as minimum.

Can’t see us only dropping 5 points the rest of the season it’s just not going to happen.

I am seriously worried that we won’t beat Hearts.

First scottish team in 10 years to get through to the last the last 32, I take it all the Gerrard out people have calmed down again?

Back