Strachan & McGhee Sacked

We cannot afford Allardyce and he wouldn’t want it.
Not sure he wouldn't want it tbh! He says he's fed up with the jobs he's offered in England, always the same rescue jobs. Quite a difference coming to Scotland, chance to win cups and get us back to where belong may be quite appealing? Probably right on the money part...

Not sure he wouldn't want it tbh! He says he's fed up with the jobs he's offered in England, always the same rescue jobs. Quite a difference coming to Scotland, chance to win cups and get us back to where belong may be quite appealing? Probably right on the money part...

What cups?

Sadly you can only piss with the cock you are given. Our players nowadays are mediocre at best. As for the "genetics" nonsense. Messi, Maradonna, Lahm...the list goes on.

Mediocre or not, this group of players SHOULD have at least reached the play offs. We may not be world beaters but there will be sides in Russia next summer who aren't world beaters either.

Since 1998, there have been many sides who - on paper - aren't as good as Scotland, but have featured in major tournaments whilst we've sat at home. What does it come down to? A positive mentality and no fear of failure.

Why is it that Iceland, Northern Ireland and the RoI - to name but three sides - are in the playoffs and we're not? Do they have superior domestic leagues to us? Do they have players vastly superior to Scotland's? No. However, what they also lack is Scotland's pessimistic outlook to qualifiers, which on every occasion over the past 18 years has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The way I see it is that for too long we have had this doomsday scenario regarding every qualifying campaign and every international "double-header". It's like we envisage ourselves as starting out on maximum points at the beginning of each campaign and then beat ourselves up about how many points we go on to 'drop'.

At the beginning of a qualification campaign for a major finals, you haven't qualified. Worst case scenario is that at the end of the campaign, you still haven't qualified. So what? It's only sport. It's just a form of recreation. No one dies, no one's house burns down. There are far more important things in life to worry about. The point being that you haven't actually lost anything. You have everything to gain. I wish we would take this spirit on board and attempt to win ALL games instead of writing ourselves off and showing other sides too much respect.

I saw an interview with Gary Neville recently who shed some light on how Alex Ferguson got his players in the right frame of mind for big matches. He basically said that win, lose or draw, you're still a wealthy footballer who will be going home to a massive house and a massive bank balance. The fans who pay to see you are the ones working hard to make ends meet. Losing a game of football is nothing to fear, so play without fear. Why do sides tend to play more freely and score consolation goals once they're 3-0 down? Because by then the game's lost and the fear of failure goes. The trick is to adopt this mentality from the kick off when the game is still there to be won.

No one can tell me that Scotland shouldn't be beating Lithuania at home. Had we done so, we'd be in the playoffs. The reason we didn't was because of Strachan's stubborn refusal to pick the best players available.

IMO had the likes of Smith or McLeish been in charge for this campaign, we'd be in the playoffs. It was the manager who cost us. Today's news shows that even the SFA have realised this.

Chance to win cups ??? With Scotland ???

Good ridance.

How the SFA blazers continue to remain in their positions after so many failled managerial appointments bheggars belief though. The chairman of Cove Rangers is the president of the SFA ffs.

Let that sink in for a second. The guy who runs a semi pro team in Aberdeen paying his players 30 quid a week is deciding the future of Scottish football. Alan McRae and Reggan should be the next to fall.

That list of Scottish managers is depressing as hell. If we have any ambition at all, we've got to look further afield.

the way the situation is in Scotland these days a foreign coach will not go down well

If the SFA are at all serious about having a national team that qualifies for major tournaments then you offer the job to:
1. Alex Ferguson
2. Walter Smith
If they don't want a part time job then Michael O'Neil if Norn Iron don't qualify is a good shout.
However, I agree with the comment that the SFA's criteria will be Celtic minded and a track record of failure.... step up Davie Moyes.

Right decision to part ways. Some of those questioning the decision based on the "momentum" he had built up are kidding themselves (I see a lot of this in other media). A decent run in the second half of this campaign (momentum apparently) does not disguise the failure to qualify with an awful draw with Lithuania to open the campaign and a dismal final performance against Slovenia to close the campaign out. As for the 2 potential favourites to replace him:

Moyes - performed wonders with limited resources at Preston and Everton. Can clearly motivate players to achieve more than their talent may suggest. His record at Man Utd was not half as bad as made out. Sunderland was disastrous but that is a basket case of a club. I think he'd be a reasonable appointment.

Mackay - I saw a lot of his Cardiff team and he did a very good job there. Good motivator and his team certainly fought for him. Not experienced enough in my view for the Scotland job and his alleged racist comments should disqualify him from the role anyway. But the SFA have already employed him so they obviously don't care about that, or believe the allegations.

Of those 2, I'd pick Moyes. But I also reckon Big Eck is a good shout as he did well last time and I think the job suits him, he is better at getting good performances out of a squad he's given vs buying/building his own team, in my opinion. Walter would be great but I doubt he'd want to step out of his retirement at this stage. I'd like to see the SFA go foreign but doubt they will be willing to do that. A safe pair of hands is more likely.

Whatever route they go, they need a manager who will actually pick the best players available, not keep picking players because they play in England or have played for Scotland for years.

Alex Ferguson 25/1 imagine that or Souness 50/1. Souness would half someone in training and disrupt the harmony though. lol.

Moyes is a good shout, I'd forgotten about Lambert too.

I'd go foreign again though, I don't really have a suggestion. Sven and Cappello did England no harm.

I think McCoist should get it. I know he was poor with us, but exceptional circumstances.

The fact they don't play often and I think he would drop the lower league England players.

Might be a bit out there, but if Avril can get it then a punt should be taken on McCoist. Either way any manager we get is a punt!

this mc innes nonsense has to stop. strachans an experienced fud, why the fk would we want a fud wth even less experience? if scotland are indeed serious about changing then it has to be a total revamp from top to bottom with the clubs involved at every stage..an experienced proven international coach and regime is the only thing that'l save our national game.

this mc innes nonsense has to stop. strachans an experienced fud, why the fk would we want a fud wth even less experience? if scotland are indeed serious about changing then it has to be a total revamp from top to bottom with the clubs involved at every stage..an experienced proven international coach and regime is the only thing that'l save our national game.

The SFA won't pay the money, if the put Regan's wage / bonus on top of what Strachan was on they might get somewhere.

What could any human being do with a nation of players like ours?Totally incompetent at nearly every sport in this country.As a nation we don't have the proper professional mind set for competition.

I think McCoist should get it. I know he was poor with us, but exceptional circumstances.

The fact they don't play often and I think he would drop the lower league England players.

Might be a bit out there, but if Avril can get it then a punt should be taken on McCoist. Either way any manager we get is a punt!

Oh aye.

Moyes, Mackay and Lambert will be the 3 main ones touted I'd imagine, although Moyes may still think he can get an EPL job and his wage demands may be too high
Hopefully the next manager picks players in form instead of relying on players who had a half decent game 2 seasons before.

No one with any Rangers connection will even be considered and I’m glad, hope they gave to Malky so I can watch them suffer some more.

Fishing just got extreme. Black in for Brown. Big Kyle can give up the taxis. Gordon to keep the gloves.....Alice in Wonderland on crystal meth.

I hope they give it to McInnes, purely so that it stops all the fūcking speculation about him coming to Rangers.

Back