Succesful season

Do you consider this a successful season

• Yes

Votes: 1,076 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 253 19.0%

• Total voters
A season of highs and lows, Hibs at Hampden and some horrendous dropped points in the league the lows.

The Highs outweigh it for me though, Europe this year has been quite an incredible journey and the run up to the final was nearly as enjoyable for me as winning the League last year, its been a success for me that we can build on.

No. We were 6 points clear and ended up 4 behind.

small margins however as if we had won the Europa then it would have been a yea. But for the most part Europe should always be seen as a bonus.

Malmo & the others you quoted are in different competitions so you don't really. Malmo was an embarrassing result. Especially at Ibrox.

Hilarious that if it is negative then they are a Celtic fan in disguise.
The post gave literally zero credit for all the good work done. Even the cup final was a ‘poor performance’.

The guys either a Celtic fan or his glass isn’t just empty, it’s smashed.

Not for me.

We've let a very poor celtic team stroll to the title through our own poor performances.. we've been shocking champions.

The Europa run was unbelievable and provided us with moments we'll remember forever but ultimately we lost the final having done what felt like the hard bit in getting there. It was a huge opportunity missed in the end.

Failed to qualify for the CL.

Failed to win the league Cup.

Won the Scottish cup which I'm delighted about and we have to use as a springboard going into next season.

Not for me.

We've let a very poor celtic team stroll to the title through our own poor performances.. we've been shocking champions.

The Europa run was unbelievable and provided us with moments we'll remember forever but ultimately we lost the final having done what felt like the hard bit in getting there. It was a huge opportunity missed in the end.

Won the Scottish cup which I'm delighted about and we have to use as a springboard going into next season.

I don't think celtic are a very poor team. They haven't lost since September. They came out flying after the winter break and we came out like a damp squib. That cost us.

Not for me.

Shocking champions were them last season losing the league before the clocks changed and finishing 25 points adrift.

As much as some of the draws in the league were unacceptable, we were literally 1 old firm result (probably the 1-2 Ibrox game) going our way from finishing level on points. We’ve lost 3 games all season which they did, and drew a couple more. That’s not shocking, it’s just that we missed a big opportunity.

It means he thinks you are a Tim, a rat, a mentally challenged, a dirty fb.

If you are one of ours? Well that's just worse given your shitty negative attitude.

Maybe consider giving that season ticket up?

I'm a rat, a Tim? Mentally challenged? Make up your mind when calling me all them then telling me to give up my season ticket.

My negative attitude because we won 1 trophy that we played 5 games in?

Because of a memorable season but ultimately not a successful one I should give up my season ticket?

Maybe Rangers isn't for you either when you think this season is classed a success.

Memorable, yes.

One trophy from 5 competitions is not an overall success, imo.

So "we only got one trophy out of five" is going to be the new moonhowlers talking point is it?

Makes a change from Gerrard only won 1 trophy from 9, I suppose.

Don't really know why some of you lads on here even bother with football to be honest as it seems like all you are interested in is celebrating trophy wins and even then it has to be done under specific criteria or that's not good enough.

Interesting aspect is that Gerrards "only 1 trophy out of 9" didn't include Europe. Now that it's suits the narrative its "1 trophy out of 5" because both European competitions count.

So has GVB won "1 out of 2" or is it "1 out of 1.5" on account of coming in halfway through the season or is it "1 out of 3" because Europe counts for that talking point now?

small margins however as if we had won the Europa then it would have been a yea. But for the most part Europe should always be seen as a bonus.
No it shouldn't, our league has been devalued to the point it is worthless other than as an entry requirement to European football.

This season has been one of the most memorable of my life.

Those minutes where we led 1-0 in the final of the Europa League had me absolutely delirious with joy, hope and nerves. And the journey to the final. Those Ibrox nights were just incredible.

I honestly wouldn’t have missed one single moment of this season. The absolute euphoric highs and horrible lows are what loving a football club is all about. It‘s why we all love it so much. If there were no lows, the highs would be meaningless.

So, this season has been one that will live in my memory my whole lifetime

I'm a rat, a Tim? Mentally challenged? Make up your mind when calling me all them then telling me to give up my season ticket.

Because of a memorable season but ultimately not a successful one I should give up my season ticket?

Maybe Rangers isn't for you either when you think this season is classed a success.
Oh I never called you any of those things. Just clarifying what the other poster meant by "we see you".

I don't give a f*ck what you are. Just another negative moany faced clown in our support.

So "we only got one trophy out of five" is going to be the new moonhowlers talking point is it?

Don't really know why some of you lads on here even bother with football to be honest as it seems like all you are interested in is celebrating trophy wins and even then it has to be done under specific criteria or that's not good enough.

Interesting aspect is that Gerrards "only 1 trophy out of 9" didn't include Europe. Now that it's suits the narrative its "1 trophy out of 5" because both European competitions count.

So has GVB won "1 out of 2" or is it "1 out of 1.5" on account of coming in halfway through the season or is it "1 out of 3" because Europe counts for that talking point now?

What? Because someone doesn't class the season as a success they shouldn't bother with football?

I loved yesterday, I was celebrating at the match as much as anyone else after 13 years if not winning it. I loved the European run, I loved going to every game at Ibrox since the start of the European run.

I love going to watch Rangers every week.

I can then have an opinion that I didn't class this season a success overall and doesn't make me a rat, mentally challenged. Shows what kinda scumbag you are calling someone mentally challenged in this day and age.

This season has been one of the most memorable of my life.

Those minutes where we led 1-0 in the final of the Europa League had me absolutely delirious with joy, hope and nerves. And the journey to the final. Those Ibrox nights were just incredible.

I honestly wouldn’t have missed one single moment of this season. The absolute euphoric highs and horrible lows are what loving a football club is all about. It‘s why we all love it so much. If there were no lows, the highs would be meaningless.

So, this season has been one that will live in my memory my whole lifetime

That is how I'd class this season with the memories.

But at the end of the season looking back I can't class it as a success with only winning the Scottish Cup.

We win the league we would have had a huge windfall with getting into the UCL group stages. We would have got even more if we won on Wednesday. We failed at both.

A fvcking fan reputation makes it a success. Dearie me. :oops:

How my club is perceived by the football community matters massively to me and many others. Losing in 2008 was horrendous but the scenes afterwards made the result worse and we suffered as a result of it.

I presume your someone who the league is the be all and end all. Happy as long as we are a bawhair better than Celtic no matter what that means in the long run.

At least an 8/10 for me.
The effort put in by players and fans in last 3 months was amazing.
2 finals in one week. One a prestige euro final and another where we win a cup for the first time, in more than a decade.

The league well we did a have a slip up or 2 but so did the officials. Like 2008 I will remember and OF game delayed which allowed at least 4 of their players to participate.

But also like 2008 I will be very proud of Rangers. A season to remember!

Dont know about successful ,but certainly one of the most memorable .
Will be talked about even in 20 years time.
What a brilliant end to the season ,and a couple of kicks away from being sensational.

We couldn’t win 5 trophies, it’s impossible.

So if we’d done the quadruple you’d still find a negative to say we only one 4 out of 5

See to all those saying yes, 2003, they reached the uefa cup final, took the league to the last day, reached the league Cup final and I've no recollection of what they did in the Scottish Cup. But they reached the Eufa cup final. So did they have a successful season? Did they fùck. Cos bottom line, we won 3 trophies that season and they got nowt.
That barometer is used by many when deciding if a season has been successful or no. They won 2 this season, 1 of which was practically gift-wrapped by us, and we've won 1

End of the day, not many people remember that season in terms of who won the cups or how they were won. Celtic fans will remember their journey to Seville and everything that goes with it.

As many have said, we didn't win in Seville but the memories from that European run will last a lifetime so I struggle to see how that isn't success in a way.

How my club is perceived by the football community matters massively to me and many others. Losing in 2008 was horrendous but the scenes afterwards made the result worse and we suffered as a result of it.

I presume your someone who the league is the be all and end all. Happy as long as we are a bawhair better than Celtic no matter what that means in the long run.

I couldn't care less what other people not connected with Rangers think of us.

Not the be all and end all, but we should have won it this season. If we won on Wednesday then it would have been a monumental success. But we didn't, and by the most gut wrenching way with one penalty kick being saved.

It is a season that will be remembered for a long time for the European run.

Overall I can't class it a success with only winning the Scottish Cup. It had some of the highest highs ever watching Rangers though, but Wednesday was the lowest low. Lower than Manchester for me with how close we came.

Doesn't mean I'm a rat, fb, mentally challenged etc.

Absolute nonsense, if you class winning the Scottish Cup a successful season, then rangers isn't the team for you. Definitely don't think we have a right to win everything but allowed to be disappointed when we dont win the league
Absolute pish
Rangers are my team and entitled tossers like yourself can #### off

Pish.

If you think winning only the Scottish cup every season is good enough for us then you’re supporting the wrong club.

A successful season is objectively based on what you’ve won. Yeah we got to a Euro final, but we lost, so who gives a %^*&.

Couldn’t care less about any competition that we enter if we don’t win it, it doesn’t matter a bit unless it’s won.
Pish.
Euro run was fantastic.
Dry your eyes mate.

I couldn't care less what other people not connected with Rangers think of us.

Not the be all and end all, but we should have won it this season. If we won on Wednesday then it would have been a monumental success. But we didn't, and by the most gut wrenching way with one penalty kick being saved.

It is a season that will be remembered for a long time for the European run.

Overall I can't class it a success with only winning the Scottish Cup. It had some of the highest highs ever watching Rangers though, but Wednesday was the lowest low. Lower than Manchester for me with how close we came.

Doesn't mean I'm a rat, fb, mentally challenged etc.
If we had won on Wednesday it would have been a monumental success?? You said any season we don't win league isn't a successful season. Make your mind up.
You are a mood hoover. The kinda guy folk get stuck in a corner with at parties and leaves them hoping that the next drink they get contains arsenic.

If we had won on Wednesday it would have been a monumental success?? You said any season we don't win league isn't a successful season. Make your mind up.
You are a mood hoover. The kinda guy folk get stuck in a corner with at parties and leaves them hoping that the next drink they get contains arsenic.

I also said winning a European trophy like in 72 would be classed a a success but you omitted that.

I'm a mood hoover because of what I post on FF? I can separate football and what I post on FF with real life.

100% yes and I can’t believe so many people have voted no. The last week has been one of my favourite ever weeks supporting this club!

No it shouldn't, our league has been devalued to the point it is worthless other than as an entry requirement to European football.
So based on this we lost the chance of automatic qualification to the Champions League, so for me that's an unsuccessful season. Runner up in Europa doesn't get us anything.

I disagree. Europe should be where we aim to achieve. I would rather we focussed our efforts on achieving on the big stage! We need to get away from this small minded attitude that our only success is beating the scum. We’re bigger than them and we’re bigger than the backwater league we are in

End of the day, not many people remember that season in terms of who won the cups or how they were won. Celtic fans will remember their journey to Seville and everything that goes with it.

As many have said, we didn't win in Seville but the memories from that European run will last a lifetime so I struggle to see how that isn't success in a way.
You don't remember who won the cups? :oops:
I'm assuming you must have been quite young then?

Yes. Gutted that we didn’t win the league, but it was a close run thing. Changing manager mid season and the time that it took Gio to get a handle on the team is why I think we lost out in the end. Our European run was incredible. We were so close to winning that and would have been worthy winners if we had. We humbled some very good teams in that tournament. Our Scottish cup win, with such a great performance was the very least the players deserved. The emergence of Calvin Bassey and young Lowry were also high points. We are in good shape bears. Bring on next season.

Reactions: VMS
Yes. A trophy we haven't won in 13 years and a European final, considering where we were 10 years ago? Aye I'm happy with that.

I want the treble next year though. The mhanks need put right back in their place.

I'd say you were the moonhowler, tbh after tying yourself in knots with that rant.

Edit: just read through your other responses. You definitely are the moonhowler.

I disagree. Europe should be where we aim to achieve. I would rather we focussed our efforts on achieving on the big stage! We need to get away from this small minded attitude that our only success is beating the scum. We’re bigger than them and we’re bigger than the backwater league we are in
I agree with the Europe perspective but to get to the best place possible we need to win the league meaning that should always be the objective and the rest takes care of itself.

Shocking champions were them last season losing the league before the clocks changed and finishing 25 points adrift.

As much as some of the draws in the league were unacceptable, we were literally 1 old firm result (probably the 1-2 Ibrox game) going our way from finishing level on points. We’ve lost 3 games all season which they did, and drew a couple more. That’s not shocking, it’s just that we missed a big opportunity.

We would have won the league by 2 points had we won that OF game and all other results were the same.

You don't remember who won the cups? :oops:
I'm assuming you must have been quite young then?
I didn’t know until someone mentioned it that they didn’t win anything the season they reached the final. I could go on mastermind with our squads and European results but I really struggle to distinguish between the domestic successes.

Surprised by this outcome. And some of the vociferous opinions.

The key word in the question is “successful”

It’s been a memorable season. We ought to be proud of how close we came to European glory

But It hasn’t been a “successful” season. On no metric of Rangers FC could it be described as “successful”, relative to our expectations

Back