Sunday’s football (except our games)

That is some reach that.

If you and the likes of @albop genuinely believe teams and players decide they aren’t going to try against us because of their past involvement with Celtic then you are bordering on lunatic behaviour. It’s some fanciful notion football fans have to justify results in their head.

You are absolutely no different to mental Celtic fans thinking refs are out to get them.
Calling me out as a lunatic

No offence you can be a admin but your opinion is the same as every member on here but pile on all you want

Aye, they beat Celtic in 2005. Helicopter Sunday wouldn’t’ve happened otherwise.

EDIT: 2004. It was Hibs that beat them in the Spring of 2005.
They beat Tim's 3-2 in the October. John Stewart winner?

The “they don’t try” brigade are an embarrassment. If you take a look on the weekend match thread on Kerryfail Street there are paedo fans making outlandish claims that Hearts didn’t try against us today which is plainly ridiculous. Fans talking shite on both sides of the Old Firm. There are paedo fans and Rangers fans littered throughout every Scottish team. It’s generally accepted here that Aberdeen put in the most effort of any domestic team against us yet they have two Rangers fans in the spine of their team in Ferguson and McCrorie.

Tony watt is pish, I couldn't care less where he is on scoring charts this season . He's never scored against us or them I don't think .
Won't be too much longer until he's sat on that panel with those pricks from open goal

No offence you can be a admin but your opinion is the same as every member on here but pile on all you want

Well, if you genuinely believe teams and players purposely don’t try their best against Celtic because of their past leanings/involvement to them then I don’t think football is for you.

And your opinion on this is the minority, I can assure you of that so don’t try and tar everyone with your warped views mate. It’s mental

Players in these teams are generally on low wages comparatively but it's heavily incentivised.
It makes no sense for them to give nothing less than their all in every game.

Tony watt is pish, I couldn't care less where he is on scoring charts this season . He's never scored against us or them I don't think .
Won't be too much longer until he's sat on that panel with those pricks from open goal
He has a Scotland cap, incredible.

That was a cringingly woeful performance from Motherwell today. Had they bothered trying their arse, they could easily have taken something.

That is some reach that.

If you and the likes of @albop genuinely believe teams and players decide they aren’t going to try against them because of their past involvement with Celtic then you are bordering on lunatic behaviour. It’s some fanciful notion football fans have to justify results in their head.

You are absolutely no different to mental Celtic fans thinking refs are out to get them.
That wasn't the conversation

The conversation was if players try harder against certain teams and have more motivation to play better

Do you agree or disagree with that sentiment?

That was a cringingly woeful performance from Motherwell today. Had they bothered trying their arse, they could easily have taken something.
They were probably the better team for the first 35 minutes, hit the bar and Joe Hart made a couple of very good saves. It’s cringeworthy seeing people say they didn’t bother their arse.

Well, if you genuinely believe teams and players purposely don’t try their best against Celtic because of their past leanings/involvement to them then I don’t think football is for you.

And your opinion on this is the minority, I can assure you of that so don’t try and tar everyone with your warped views mate. It’s mental
Iam not trying to tar anyone with warped views

Im not going to apologise too you for having a opinion

My advice is to just go full moon-howler.
Really let loose and go wild with it.

We're 4 points clear and if a bit of luck had fallen our way at times we could be 7 or 8 points clear.

Nobody really lies down to us or the tims. These teams are just rubbish and it shows. Over the course of a season yes they will get the odd draw and, even less likely, the odd win against us or them but when the points are totalled up we'll be miles ahead of the other 10.

If you don't agree with that then crack on with the mad conspiracy stuff but you might as well have fun going nuts with it.

I heard Andy Halliday was seen celebrating Aribo's goal in the Hearts dugout earlier!

Hearts beat them at Tynecastle on the opening day.

We won at Tynecastle today after scoring twice in the first 15 minutes.

By your logic - Hearts lay down today, yes?

Dundee United barely lifted a leg against Celtc just the other week, but fought for every ball against us, on the same pitch, so what's your point. ?

When I was younger, the impression was that Rangers-supporting opposition players would try hard against Rangers in order to impress and win a move to Ibrox.

I think it’s still the same.

Self-motivation plays a role in football. It’s the reason a lower-level team can pull off a shock in the Cup, for example, and then revert to type in their next league game.

Opposition will affect an individual’s endeavour. It may not be deliberate but it’s a factor.

My advice is to just go full moon-howler.
Really let loose and go wild with it.

We're 4 points clear and if a bit of luck had fallen our way at times we could be 7 or 8 points clear.

Nobody really lies down to us or the tims. These teams are just rubbish and it shows. Over the course of a season yes they will get the odd draw and, even less likely, the odd win against us or them but when the points are totalled up we'll be miles ahead of the other 10.

If you don't agree with that then crack on with the mad conspiracy stuff but you might as well have fun going nuts with it.

I heard Andy Halliday was seen celebrating Aribo's goal in the Hearts dugout earlier!
Am moon howling ffs

And theres no conspiracy

If you and your wee fan club dont believe that rangers haters try harder against us that's your problem

Iam not trying to tar anyone with warped views

Im not going to apologise too you for having a opinion
@Empire called you a lunatic and said I was the same as a mental celtic

Reason why? Because we had a different opinion to him

All I suggested is that some players play with more motivation against certain teams, and he compared me to a mental celtic fan

He obviously thinks all players put in the same effort and determination regardless of the opposition

Rangers and Celtics finances dictate that it will always be a shock when one of us don't win. That means any dropped points will require a few things to go the way of the underdog which can happen at random moments. Teams aren't good enough to go out and beat us one week then beat them the next because generally that luck doesn't fall for them two games in a row or in a short space of time.

Looking that way for sure.
To be fair 90 points at least would be needed most seasons.

FollowFollow struggling to remember what a title race looks like. Spoiled by last season.

Though I actually think tims have dropped more points this season (13 dropped after 17 games) than they had at the same stage last season (11 dropped after 17 games).
That may be true but they are on a winning run now and managing to grind out results with a thinbare squad.

The suprise about needing 90 points is the poor start before teams have buy I struggle to see whether either is dropping points

That may be true but they are on a winning run now and managing to grind out results with a thinbare squad.

The suprise about needing 90 points is the poor start before teams have buy I struggle to see whether either is dropping points
We just need to focus on ourselves and keep the wins coming, I think we will beat them at new year. Our front 3 should terrorise their back line. Long way to go before that though. Next up st johnstone:)

What kind of injury did Forrest pick up? I see Johnston replaced him but was later subbed himself. Another injury or tactical?

Back