Sunday’s Football

Glad they took Doak away

He looks very good
Looked very impressive in the UEFA Youth league against us. Never thought I'd see the day he replaced Mo Salah though. Early season, players still working on fitness.

Lad has a big future ahead of him. As you say, thankfully, left the East End before they could get the big bucks for him.

Last edited:
Also goes to show that if you give players time to find their feet in a new league that they'll come good. Something some of our fans should take note of.

Not always the case, but I take your point.

Bit different with Fernandez because he came to Chelsea with a well known reputation having just won a World Cup and was being written as a dud off in a matter of games after signing due to the price tag.

He's a quality player.

That chelsea striker Jackson cost 35 million a quick look at his stats from previous clubs aren't anything special,only really been playing for two seasons,how do these clubs justify spending so much on players like that.

Thought Chelsea were much the better team overall and were unlucky to only draw. James and Chilwell are among the best full-backs in Europe and if they can keep both of them fit it makes a huge difference. Fernandez I've not seen what the fuss was about previously but he was excellent today with Gallagher doing the dirty work.

Liverpool started well but looked disjointed. Clearly lacking a top holding midfielder and a proper right-back. Trent is one of the best players in the world ability wise when he's on his game but he's almost become a luxury player.

Last edited:
Enzo has looked superb here. First time I've seen him play in the EPL and actually look worthy of the fee. Seems to be playing further forward.

Folk in another thread, perhaps the transfer thread, thought he was quite average and couldn't see what he was good at.

Guy is class, stats were brilliant last season even playing for that shit show of a Chelsea team. Caceido will allow him to go up another level again

Quite enjoyed this game.

I thought initially Chelsea were going to be overwhelmed, but they got it together and eased themselves into the game.

Both offsides were called correctly, no argument and apart from the wee encounter between Enzo and Jota, it was played in good spirit.

Salah needs to look at a replay of himself coming off, a stropp that's embarrassing.

It took me a while to figure what was right about the Chelsea shirt and then it dawned on me, no sponsor's name dominating it, and while the badge is innovative, I'm not convinced by it.

I can't see either of them challenging City, but the battle for second should be interesting.

Gutted gravy tits managed a draw in his first game.

Can't believe he managed to get a top gig.

If ever there was a reason to hope Spuds get smashed in every game this is it.

Quite enjoyed this game.

I thought initially Chelsea were going to be overwhelmed, but they got it together and eased themselves into the game.

Both offsides were called correctly, no argument and apart from the wee encounter between Enzo and Jota, it was played in good spirit.

Salah needs to look at a replay of himself coming off, a stropp that's embarrassing.

It took me a while to figure what was right about the Chelsea shirt and then it dawned on me, no sponsor's name dominating it, and while the badge is innovative, I'm not convinced by it.

I can't see either of them challenging City, but the battle for second should be interesting.

I think Arsenal and Newcastle will finish ahead of them both. Liverpool have a great attack on paper and some amazing players, but Van Dijk and Robertson clearly aren't what they once were and I'm not sure Klopp even knows what his best front three is. Jota when he's bad is really bad and Nunez can be as much of a donkey as he can a nuisance to the opposition. If Newcastle add a top class left-back to replace Dan Burn they'll be fighting it out with Arsenal for second place. They probably will be even without.

Only way City don't win the league again is if enough of their players lack a bit of motivation after what they achieved last season.

That’s Scottish guy (forget his name) on viaplay has been piling on the pounds, not seen him for a while but Jeezo he is no stranger to the biscuit tin !

Back