Sunday's football (except our Women's game)

JayDee

Some interesting matches in various places e.g. first game under the new regime at Newcastle, with Steve Bruce still in charge. There is a separate thread for our Women's team. Selected games:

11:30
Cagliari v Sampdoria

12:00
Swansea City v Cardiff City

12:00
Troyes v Nice

13:00
Rayo Vallecano v Elche

14:00
Everton v West Ham United

Bordeaux v Nantes

Empoli v Atalanta

14:30
Bayer Leverkusen v Bayern Munich

15:15
Celta Vigo v Sevilla

16:00
Montpellier v RC Lens

16:30
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

17:00
Napoli v Torino

17:30
Villarreal v Osasuna

18:00
New York Red Bulls v New York City FC

19:45
Marseille v Lorient

19:45
Juventus v Roma

20:00
Barcelona v Valencia

TV games:

Fixtures/scores:

Everton v West Ham should be decent I think.

Plenty of intrigue around Newcastle of course, then the late Serie A game looks pretty tasty too

Newcastle may now have loads of money but they also have loads of rubbish players.

Buying doped success and fake credibility will take time.
Newcastle are in a similar situation to Man City back in the 2000's. They'll be able to attract the mercenaries like your Robinho types, but will take years before they can shop in the top market.

Newcastle are in a similar situation to Man City back in the 2000's. They'll be able to attract the mercenaries like your Robinho types, but will take years before they can shop in the top market.

And city upped the bar back then.

Now a plethora of clubs can spend big. I don’t see Newcastle ever being able to beat the London or Manchester clubs to the top signings.

5 years from now they won’t have won anything

Large Union Flag with Swansea City on it at the half way line in the stand opposite the cameras. Aren't they friends of timothy?

That boy Moore upfront for Cardiff is absolute dug meat. Can’t believe he’s Wales’ first choice striker.

I’m just catching up on match of the day from last night. Some superb goals

Has anyone noticed the track at the king power stadium Leicester ? It’s a magnificent deep blue colour, would look great at Ibrox , I wonder why we didn’t go for that instead of the kind of washed out pale blue we have

West Ham having all the possession so far. You wouldn’t know there was 40k inside Goodison. Normally a decent atmosphere for an EPL game but very quiet reflecting what is going on in front of them.

Back