Supporters Club Flags Welcome At Ibrox

These annoying Tim scrotes have some In their ranks who would up for jumping the fence nearby the flags, best just to put something in place to confirm those very personal and important flags are being watched overnight.

We've got 2 of our club's flags in the display.

Sure as %^*& won't have mentally challengeds dictating whether or not we show our flags off at Ibrox.
Our concern was more the state the flags nearer the front will end up in, we've just spent a fair bit of money on our new ones and they could be out there in all weathers for months in the end, having seen Greg's post above about the extra ones going in the Broomloan rear we've offered our big Camelon one now instead of our two smaller ones, our big one hasn't been out for years.

I remember the original Linwood combat squad banner from the early 90's, the one with 2 - ahem - soldiers on it. I'd love to see that again although it would probably get Ibrox shut down these days Haha.
The last time I seen that was at the Newcastle tournament in 2004, that was the first time we had our big Camelon flag out too.

Flags should be stored in the rear of the stands and only laid out on the front sections on matchdays. Is that too much to ask??

Did you get a new one or did it eventually turn up (and if so, what’s the story?)
All of the above:p. We ordered a new one, and the very day it arrived we got a phone call, that it had been found in the Lost and Found closet at the Ivory.:oops:

funny thing is, that’s where the Lads thought they left it..... we asked them about it and they hadnt saw it. The problem is the lads failed to describe the black backpack it was in!!!!! In fairness to the staff at the Ivory, they were probably looking for a big cloth banner, as opposed to a black adidas backpack which it was in!

i think we posted a shorter version of this on Twitter, not sure it was posted on here though

What they doing, putting bouncers on the gates?

Its not hard to hop that fence in the early hours, get in and out all whilst the security are cosied up in the control room.

Hows about just bring them in after a game? Or don't sit them right next to a gate?

People not wanting to put out colours on display for fear of a wee Tim jakey bumping it because one (yes one) got in a few months ago is a bit silly don’t you think?

It’s more of a risk taking these abroad and hanging them up in town squares etc.

What they doing, putting bouncers on the gates?

Its not hard to hop that fence in the early hours, get in and out all whilst the security are cosied up in the control room.

Hows about just bring them in after a game? Or don't sit them right next to a gate?
Watched them putting them up for a bit when I dropped ours in. There's hundreds of flags all tied down on each corner. It's not just a 2 minute job to wheek them away inside after a game!

People not wanting to put out colours on display for fear of a wee Tim jakey bumping it because one (yes one) got in a few months ago is a bit silly don’t you think?

It’s more of a risk taking these abroad and hanging them up in town squares etc.
Plenty more similar stuff has happened at Ibrox in recent years, just no videos taken.

But no, not in my opinion. The flag represents you/your RSC. I wouldn’t be leaving it sitting in the stands for months unattended. Same as I wouldn’t leave it unattended in a foreign square for some dick to bump.

I wouldn’t leave a flag or banner unattended anywhere.

Time will tell in this instance.

Also the sooner our support adopt a similar mentality the better, then we’ll maybe stop seeing our colours desecrated and flaunted in our faces for all to see across the continent.

This thread needs more photos!

Can those in the queue for the Rangers Shop make a lunchtime booking for Argyle House as they pass the doors then send us photos as they eat their lunch in there after their shopping? Please.;):)

All of the above:p. We ordered a new one, and the very day it arrived we got a phone call, that it had been found in the Lost and Found closet at the Ivory.:oops:

funny thing is, that’s where the Lads thought they left it..... we asked them about it and they hadnt saw it. The problem is the lads failed to describe the black backpack it was in!!!!! In fairness to the staff at the Ivory, they were probably looking for a big cloth banner, as opposed to a black adidas backpack which it was in!

i think we posted a shorter version of this on Twitter, not sure it was posted on here though
Haha. Well now you have a spare - no worries for you to have one on display at Ibrox.

Losing one is a nightmare, we lost one of ours in Porto the night before the braga game, we were a wee bit worse for wear and didn't even realise we didn't have it until the following day, had a hunt around for it at the places we'd been but no joy, spent near on the best part of £200 to replace it, it arrived the day lockdown began so hasn't even been out of the bag.

I guess the advertisers pay to have their banners in prime position mate. They would probably pay less to be in the rear of the stands.
I know that mate. Would have been good to have something like I mentioned though. Especially since people can’t use their season tickets.

Of course the sponsor banners would be at prominent positions at each end of the ground. I'll be honest. As much as fan banners look great, I'd be happy if it was all sponsor banners as it makes the club money. Much like the 10 quid fan cards if they make an appearance.

The sponsors are always going to be placed in the most prominent positions. It would be great if it was the other way about but if it brings revenue to the club then so be it.

Common sense on FF. It’ll never catch on.

Serious comment:

the club could have easily sold out the whole front for advertising but choose to include fans and it’s a move I was very keen on. It’s been a shift and I’m sure we’ll add more over the next week or so.

It’s looking good Greg. Such a shame the big legends banners didn’t go on display, though I appreciate that’s at the owners choice.

Serious comment:

the club could have easily sold out the whole front for advertising but choose to include fans and it’s a move I was very keen on. It’s been a shift and I’m sure we’ll add more over the next week or so.

We’ve got plenty on the thread saying they wouldn’t leave a flag due to security , now folk have seen it we’ve got people moaning that’s there’s too many sponsors and not enough flags , the money needs to come first it’s how we progress and good to see the club trying to find a balance cheers mate for the effort you and others have put in to sort this out it’s appreciated

Serious comment:

Any sign of our flags yet Greg? :)) :p

Back