Sutton claiming Balde attacked a Rangers player nearly every week.

My favourit Balde story is when he was holding out for his money....Celtic were trying to punt him out on loan.

Ronnie "Cresspo" Cully:

"Bobo Balde has ruled himself out of Celtic's Euro squad after refusing to move on loan to Birmingham".

Yip - he really did!

Euro snub for frozen out Balde

• Evening Times
  • 12 Sep 2008
  • By RONNIE CULLY
BOBO BALDE’S refusal to move to Birmingham during the summer transfer window has cost him his place in Celtic’s Champions League squad.
The 33-strong Hoops group registered with Uefa for the competition which kicks off next week includes nine defenders, among them Jo Doumbe and Paul Caddis.
But Balde is out, which means even if Celtic suffer a spate of injuries to centrebacks Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Glenn

I dont know why you give him the attention. Everytime he says something there is a thread on here within minutes.

Balde attacked a Rangers player ‘nearly every week’, despite only playing them four or five times a season?

More fantastical guff from Sutton in his continual efforts to deflect attention away from an unwanted history of bothering cloven hoofed bovidae.

Nearly every week.

Allegedly.

That good that he spent the last 3 seasons not playing and earning a fortune.
£4.6m

gn16.png
14 games in final 3 seasons @ £30,000 p.w. = £334,000 per game.

He was spectacular in the UEFA Final v Porto
I had £25 (biggest bet I had placed at that time) on Porto, thought it was buying money. The bet had a money back offer, if a player was sent off.
Although the bet was over 90 minutes, the money back offer extended to extra time, because of Bald's sending off, the stake was refunded.
I will not say a bad word about this absolute thug.

Last edited:
I'm sure Balde conceded a last minute own goal or penalty away in France when he was with the peasants, who lost that night.

I remember the bbc rhe sports update on the news the day after- - a leicester teenage player seriously injured in a disgraceful assault in a friendly- what was their correspondents take on it -' you know when you've been boboed'

God I hated that particular Celtic side. Back during the World Cup the likes of Portugal and Uruguay would regularly get lots of shit for their underhanded tactics but O'Neills mob were every bit as bad. It was a team comprised almost solely of divers (Agathe, Petrov, Maloney, McGeady, Sutton, Larsson) and thugs (Balde, Mjallby, Lennon, Thompson, Harston)

Even by their standards a truly detestable group of players
He also had a nasty streak from what I recall. Stamped on players leg. Maybe against Killie?

I prefer to remember Balde for the fiscal raping of the filth as he drew a wage for over a year doing feck all.

What the phuck is housery?

What the phuck is Sutton?

We all know what the phuck Balde was - a talentless thug (like so many beloved by O'Neill) who got away with his thuggery many times, and who milked the Digestive Bickies for every penny he could get.
Christ almighty - ‘Digestive Bickies’. Between that and ‘dhims’, ‘the famous’, ‘the mhanky mob’, etc. our support these days sound like a crowd of 10 year olds.

Fond recollection of Balde getting turned inside out by Nacho, and conceding a penalty.
I think it was the same game as Dado's goal celebration in the sunbeam in front of the filth.

As others have said, nothing but a thug who could have caused a serious injury to any player he was up against. He almost knocked Ferguson out cold in the 3-2 cup final.

Lost them the UEFA Cup
gave away a needless free kick in SC Final that Barry buried.
Stole about 5m in wages over his last 3 seasons.

he may be my favorite Tim player ever.

When it came to big moments in games you could always rely on Bobo and Rab Douglas. Great players for them.

Deco, Derlei and the Russian lad whose name I forget completely savaged them through the middle that night. For all the talk about diving etc, people forget O'Neill hooked his centre half after 60 minutes because he was going to get sent off (an injury, apparently). Porto were ripping the piss out of their physical approach and if it wasn't for Larsson it would have been a comfortable game.

Mourinho savaged Balde after that game saying how he could have ended Deco's career with his tackling. That doesn't get brought up as much either.

"What Balde did to Deco in front of me could have ended his career.

The actual interview is so weird as well.

"I don't know if you would describe it as 'housery' but he used to have a habit of just indiscriminately hitting people in the tunnel most weeks - just becaiuse they didn't like them or somebody aggravated them or something."

What players actually do that? As much as Balde was a thug, he makes him sound like a genuine mentalist who belongs in Carstairs. He was a physical player, no doubt, but the idea he would just "indiscriminately hit" other professionals is such bollocks. People would have spoken out about it before now for starters.

Pretty sure he also started on the Barca dork, Olegeur, and got slapped down back in the day. It's fan fiction from Sutton to suggest other players were "cowering" from him.

Baldy was a thug who eventually did his utmost to bankrupt the rattlers. Moore was in fact hard as nails who wouldn’t back down to anyone.

:)) Heard a story years ago that Balde was running about the fancy cul-de-sac he stayed in Bothwell with his Sellick top on and the carling and Umbro badges cut out. Allegedly playin chap door runaway then was seen piling all his furniture up in his front room, bonfire style!! No idea if true but certainly hilarious if he was being paid 30k a week to do it:)):)):)):))

I’m sure there’s a photo out there of Neil McCann grabbing Balde by the neck after one of his mistimed tackles and it ain’t McCann cowering in fear.
Edit : Could be confusing this with an incident with Joos Valgaeren (I know, looks nothing like Balde :) ) but McCann took no sh*t from anyone.

Last edited:
I used to work beside a guy who did security at Parkhead, and he’s now their kit man.
He used to tell people that Balde used to batter Sutton on an almost weekly basis.
Maybe Sutton is getting mixed up with this.

I remember Naismith completely dominating him when he played with Kilmarnock. He was in no way a ‘phenomenal’ player. He was a less nice version of Marvin Andrews.

Balde sat in the stand at Torbett Towers for over a year and raked in over a million quid from the beggars.
Aye, great player!!

I'm genuinely surprised that the Goatblower hasn't had a serious tanking yet.
As him and Hartson were banned by Rangers for being in situ to do the coverage of the Scum early kick off in Europe with us playing at home afterwards for their own safety I wonder how the mhedia would have reported their never ending goading/jibes of Rangers/ fans at every turn if they were pelted with coins and bottles?

:)) Heard a story years ago that Balde was running about the fancy cul-de-sac he stayed in Bothwell with his Sellick top on and the carling and Umbro badges cut out. Allegedly playin chap door runaway then was seen piling all his furniture up in his front room, bonfire style!! No idea if true but certainly hilarious if he was being paid 30k a week to do it:)):)):)):))
Well it definitely sounds true…

It was phenomenal watching him.sit in the stands fleecing them without playing.

Back