Talbot vs Ayr

Slippy

Official Ticketer
12:15 kick off on BBC1 tomorrow.

Does anyone think Talbot have any slim chance tomorrow?

It looks like it won't drop below freezing tonight so hopefully the game will go ahead.

Covers have been on for several days and won’t be taken off u too 7:30 tomorrow so here’s hoping

Ayr haven’t won a game since the draw was made. We haven’t lost one.

Obviously Ayr are huge favourites and rightly so. Do we have a chance? It’s cup football, of course we do

Allegedly Lawrence shankland is out injured. That helps out cause if true.

Only takes one goalie mistake and we could take the lead and defend for our lives. Ref may make a mistake and give a team an undeserved oenalty or send someone off. Assistant may not flag a player offside when they were and he could maybe score. All sorts of possibilities really. The beauty of cup football. Unless the decisions go against your team.

Covers have been on for several days and won’t be taken off u too 7:30 tomorrow so here’s hoping

Obviously Ayr are huge favourites and rightly so. Do we have a chance? It’s cup football, of course we do

Only takes one goalie mistake and we could take the lead and defend for our lives. Ref may make a mistake and give a team an undeserved oenalty or send someone off. Assistant may not flag a player offside when they were and he could maybe score. All sorts of possibilities really. The beauty of cup football. Unless the decisions go against your team.

I'm looking forward to it mate. Idon't see much junior football so it will be interesting to see how it goes considering how well Talbot are going but obviously it's a different game tomorrow.

Shankland doesn’t seem to have featured recently, although I put that down to a potential transfer?

Shankland doesn’t seem to have featured recently, although I put that down to a potential transfer?

Alleged achilles injury

Ayr manager insists Lawrence wouldn't be going anywhere this window or, if he was, he'd to be loaned back as part of any transfer.

Pollok are my junior side but good luck to Talbot tomorrow Colin.

Shankland is out , only one Shankland will matter tomorrow anyway!

Think Talbot have more than a chance
Home advantage is huge for them. There may be a few Ayr players in for a shock
It's probably the biggest game ever for some Talbot players, on TV with a point to prove.
One team will need to be scraped off the ceiling to get on the park, the other will probably need to be geed up
If there's an upset in this round this will be it

It's nuts
One of the biggest days in their club's history live on TV so let's have a fight
Would expect they are not really fans at all

I agree but tbh it’s not really a new phenomenon it’s been going on for decades and will probably continue to do so for decades to come.

The massive thing in Ayrs favour is the park. When they played beith in last round beith held out til the hour mark....but bellsdale is a terrible surface and played on a slope. Beechwood surface is like a bowling green and a big wide park. Honestly the surface there is far better than most senior sides have. Good luck to talbot but I can see Ayr knocking it around and running out comfortable winners. Hope I’m wrong though.

The massive thing in Ayrs favour is the park. When they played beith in last round beith held out til the hour mark....but bellsdale is a terrible surface and played on a slope. Beechwood surface is like a bowling green and a big wide park. Honestly the surface there is far better than most senior sides have. Good luck to talbot but I can see Ayr knocking it around and running out comfortable winners. Hope I’m wrong though.

I just seen a bit of their live video on Facebook, the pitch does look great. This a pic from earlier this morning.

28qfll.jpg

Back