Talbot vs Ayr

Covers have been on for several days and won’t be taken off u too 7:30 tomorrow so here’s hoping

Ayr haven’t won a game since the draw was made. We haven’t lost one.

Obviously Ayr are huge favourites and rightly so. Do we have a chance? It’s cup football, of course we do

Allegedly Lawrence shankland is out injured. That helps out cause if true.

Only takes one goalie mistake and we could take the lead and defend for our lives. Ref may make a mistake and give a team an undeserved oenalty or send someone off. Assistant may not flag a player offside when they were and he could maybe score. All sorts of possibilities really. The beauty of cup football. Unless the decisions go against your team.

Best of lucky today @colin I’m rooting for you guys used to work with a fair few Talbot boys great guys and all bears.

My nephew Mark Shankland is hopefully starting up front for Talbot today, he’s got a lot of talent just never had the breaks he deserves
Mark is a big Rangers man, goes to a lot of games when he can so all the best mate ..I know he looks in on here

Battle of the Shanklands ;).

Auchinleck: Leishman, Lyle, McCracken, McPherson, Pope, S.Wilson, Hyslop, White, Armstrong, Glasgow, G.Wilson

Ayr Utd : Doohan, Geggan, Harvie, Rose, Higgins, Docherty, Murdoch, McDaid, Crawford, Moffat, Moore.

As an old Barshare/Drumbrochan boy I'd just like to say all the best to Ayr & don't forget to lock your car and store any valuables in the boot, glove compartment or out of sight...:p

Covers have been on for several days and won’t be taken off u too 7:30 tomorrow so here’s hoping

Ayr haven’t won a game since the draw was made. We haven’t lost one.

Obviously Ayr are huge favourites and rightly so. Do we have a chance? It’s cup football, of course we do

Allegedly Lawrence shankland is out injured. That helps out cause if true.

Only takes one goalie mistake and we could take the lead and defend for our lives. Ref may make a mistake and give a team an undeserved oenalty or send someone off. Assistant may not flag a player offside when they were and he could maybe score. All sorts of possibilities really. The beauty of cup football. Unless the decisions go against your team.
Best of luck tae Talbot & yourself today i have a feeling you might have a wee surprise maybe a replay

LINE-UPS at Beechwood Park
Auchinlek Talbot v Ayr United (12:15)
Auchinleck Talbot: Leishman, Lyle, McPherson, McCracken, Pope, White, Wilson, Armstrong, Hyslop, Glasgow, Wilson.

Substitutes: Samson, Kemp, McIlroy, Shankland, Waite, Hewitt.

Ayr United: Doohan, Geggan, Rose, Higgins, Harvie, McDaid, Murdoch, Docherty, Crawford, Moffat, Moore.

Substitutes: Hare-Reid, Smith, Hilton, McGuffie, Ferguson, Bell, McCowan.

Love the atmosphere around these traditional junior clubs. I’ve no preference at all but I’m hoping its a proper ‘get intae them’ match

Dodds just outed Liam McLeod out as being a sheep, which in his commentaries he always sounded like a jambo when covering their games.

Two on the one programme, McLeod and McLean.

I talk about them too much in general and on here in particular :confused:
You do fine bro, you support two great teams, never mind the banter from us in New Cumnock, we, we’ll most of us wish you and Talbot the very best.

Just off. Good call by the AR.

That’s all it takes though. That lad Wilson has barely touched the ball but was on that in a flash. Cracking finish. As long as they keep it tight at the back they’ll have a real chance of winning this.

Talbot on top here - would be insufferable if I was back home and Talbot win this but as I’m far enough away here in Moscow I wouldn’t grudge them a win today

Last edited:
Good game so far. Moffat looks sharp and I’ve had a tenna on him to score first goal at 10/3.

Talbot doing well on the counter.

Enjoying it.

Just off. Good call by the AR.

That’s all it takes though. That lad Wilson has barely touched the ball but was on that in a flash. Cracking finish. As long as they keep it tight at the back they’ll have a real chance of winning this.

Who needs VAR when you got an AR.

Back