Tam Forsyth has passed away

RIP Big Tam, I will always remember that cup final goal when I was only 13! A hard but fair player who I never heard anyone say a bad word about.

Another true gent of the old guard gone now sadly. I grew up watching Big Tam play for The Rangers during the 2nd half of the 70’s and subsequently met him a few times around Ibrox on match days. A great player and gentleman of our club.

Rest Easy. Mr Forsyth.

Sleep well sir. I'm glad I was never tackled by you and so is everyone on this forum! What a player you were, and most importantly you were one of the good men. A truly rare thing nowadays.

RIP Jaws x

One of the heroes of my youth, mainstay of that 1970s team that won three championships and two trebles. If he had done nothing else he'd be remembered as the man who scored the winning goal in the centenary cup final in '73, his run back up the pitch, arms aloft, must count as one of the iconic moments in Rangers' history. As a 17 year old, I was privileged to have been there to see it and I now offer my condolences to his family and friends.

Really sad news to hear of Tom's passing. I was unaware that he had been ill.
Condolences to his friends and family.
A proper Ranger and a better footballer than he ever got credit for. Thanks for the great memories.

Whenever big Tam's name comes up, the first two memories that come up are the tackle on Channon and that cup final winner. A much better defender than he was ever given credit for, gone too soon..

My son treated me to hospitality at Ibrox years ago and while standing having a pi*s, looked over and Tam was using one of the urinals further along.

That age old conundrum.

Do you say while relieving yourself, “Hi Tam, I was in the main stand in 1973 when I saw you score that goal” or do you just carry on without saying anything.

I decided on the latter but luckily had the chance to tell him a few years later.

Quite sure I was the millionth person to tell him the same story but I swear it was true.

God bless Tam.

Another hero gone.

RIP Big Tam, I will always remember that cup final goal when I was only 13! A hard but fair player who I never heard anyone say a bad word about.

Will never forget the Cup Final winner or Tam's celebrations afterwards.
He was also responsible for one of the best slide tackles I've ever seen when he took the ball off Mick Channon's toe when he was clean through on goal in the Scotland v England game.

So sad to hear. Big Tam featured in so many of my favourite games and teams.
Met him inside and outside the Stadium a few times and awlays a gent.
A true legend.

Proper fan's hero, saw him walking round Ibrox before the game a couple of times last season and always wanted to go up and say hello, but didn't... Alway's going to regret that now, RIP Big man.

Proper fan's hero, saw him walking round Ibrox before the game a couple of times last season and always wanted to go up and say hello, but didn't... Alway's going to regret that now, RIP Big man.

Easy to say but you should have mate. Bumped into him and Ally Dawson last season after hospitality. First and last time I met him. An absolute gentleman and just a really nice person.

RIP Big Tam

Back