Tav Contract

And they are all serial winners. Club and players.

I am not into bashing the likes of Tav, I 100% belief we will never dominate our league with those players.

I just don't agree with this at all. Goldson and Tav are two of our players who'd walk into the Celtic team. It's the rest of our squad that needs improved first of all.

It’s a pretty meaningless metric as his penalties will inflate his ratings. That’s not me saying Tav has been awful but he’s not been our best this season.

I agree that the penalties are a big factor in the rating (penalties that still have to be scored, sometimes in big moments like the last OF game at Ibrox or Easter Road the other night).

He probably hasn't been our best player but have we had a consistent, stand out this season?

My point was to show that it was daft to claim we've been 'subjected to' Tav this season when it's far from it.

I am not into bashing the likes of Tav, I 100% belief we will never dominate our league with those players.

The word Elite is relative, i realize you are not comparing us to the teams listed but in this context. my use of the word elite is a team that is expected to win every game in the Scottish game. A 2 horse race.

Thses players have consistently failed when it matters, it’s a shame just the way it is.
‘I watched our 9iar team struggle through games week after week but they always won when it mattered,

This team can play the way they did on Wednesday but ask them to do that when everything is on the line and they simply can’t. How many more seasons do we need to accept that?

Players like Tav should have been phased out and replaced at least 1 season ago.

Your final point is definitely true in the past but that has now changed,
I think we have the makings of a very exciting team but again, I don’t believe we are capable of winning a league as long as we rely on the same senior players. If you can remember go back to the first game this season and work forward,

I’ll guarantee at least 90% of the goals we conceded were out and out cluster %^*& mistakes by any number of our midfield, back 4 and GK,
Spot on mate, it’s like ground hog day. Another Disaster of a season through the same players making the same errors and showing the same attitude, And it will continue as such until serial losers like Tav are replaced. They go on about numbers and stats but don’t like to accept that the numbers and stats of trophy’s won by this team over the course, is shameful and not what should be tolerated at our great club. I still can’t believe Tav has been inducted onto the HoF. It’s a sad indictment of how low our standards have fallen and it’s worrying for the future that the board and alot of fans seem to be accepting this.

Spot on mate, it’s like ground hog day. Another Disaster of a season through the same players making the same errors and showing the same attitude, And it will continue as such until serial losers like Tav are replaced. They go on about numbers and stats but don’t like to accept that the numbers and stats of trophy’s won by this team over the course, is shameful and not what should be tolerated at our great club. I still can’t believe Tav has been inducted onto the HoF. It’s a sad indictment of how low our standards have fallen and it’s worrying for the future that the board and alot of fans seem to be accepting this.

Rangers Da's assemble!

That you dad?

Devine is nowhere near the level of Tav and never will be. We need to start the planning of life after Tav but until someone can come in and provide what he does that ain’t happening.

Hodson
Flanagan
Polster
Patterson
Zukowski
Devine

We need an actual attacking fullback that can do what Tav does - at a minimum.
No basis to back that up at all when Tav was 19 he was on loan at Carlisle United

Given that our captain has a contract up to May 2026, are we going to be subjected to him as our 1st choice RB for the next 3 years or will we either push Devine or a new RB to challenge and take over this position?

I am a big Tav fan and love the contribution he has given to our club but think the thought of another 3 years is a pretty grim prospect given by the end of it he would be 34 and already showing some decline now.

I think he will be fully deserving of a testimonial after 10 years but I hope that the club are looking at a long term succession plan here.
Another anti-Tav pile of shite.

Please refrain from “subjecting” us to any more of your verbal diarrhoea.

Thanks.

Is there no a case that maybe he’s just having a poor(er) season. Last season he reached incredible levels of consistency and this season he’s fallen below them. He’s had injuries and been “subjected” to playing next to Lundstram and Sands at CB.

I’m hopeful with a good pre season and a consistent back 4 and goalkeeper, he’ll kick on again next season.
What injuries did the club said he had I don't know but I think his lack of form led some fans to make up this story ,it was denied by him and the club still I'm there to corrected if wrong

As others have said when you refer to the captain using words such as “subjected” your point becomes invalid.
See just because some people say that doesn’t really mean it’s not valid. :shh: There are others who agree and can see the point I was making, doesn’t it make them invalid too?

The context it was made is correct and I stand by it.

Given that our captain has a contract up to May 2026, are we going to be subjected to him as our 1st choice RB for the next 3 years or will we either push Devine or a new RB to challenge and take over this position?

I am a big Tav fan and love the contribution he has given to our club but think the thought of another 3 years is a pretty grim prospect given by the end of it he would be 34 and already showing some decline now.

I think he will be fully deserving of a testimonial after 10 years but I hope that the club are looking at a long term succession plan here.
Who knows whether we will be "subjected " to him for the next 3 years its long way away.
I must say as someone who loves his contribution and you are a big fan, the choice of the word "subjected" is more than a bit contemptuous.
In my opinion I don't evaluate him solely on his right back abilities.He brings goals and assists.

Paterson is /was better than him hence the bid
You can’t compare Patterson with Tav. They’re at totally different stages in their careers. Patterson has the potential yes but he hasn’t achieved anywhere near what Tav has.

League winner
Scottish Cup winner
Captained team in major European final
Highest scorer in major European tournament
Close to being in top 10 highest scoring defenders of all time

To name some of his achievements.

12 goals 5 assists.

That’s probably Kent and Sakala combined for the season or not far off at least from right back.

He may be at fault for 4/5 at the other end but the odds are massively stacked in his favour.
Massively skewed those stats. Is it not something like ten of the twelve goals have been from the penalty spot?

See just because some people say that doesn’t really mean it’s not valid. :shh: There are others who agree and can see the point I was making, doesn’t it make them invalid too?

The context it was made is correct and I stand by it.
Not for me, wildly off the mark to make any derogatory statement about Tav in the manner you did.

Who knows whether we will be "subjected " to him for the next 3 years its long way away.
I must say as someone who loves his contribution and you are a big fan, the choice of the word "subjected" is more than a bit contemptuous.
In my opinion I don't evaluate him solely on his right back abilities.He brings goals and assists.
I used the word based on my opinion of his decline this season and going forward, not what he had brought before. So yes I can be a big fan but can also see the change and how that could impact us as a team going forward of we don’t address the position to give a challenge and successor.

Fantastic servant over the years but again, keep doing the same things and nothing will change, I believe Beale can see that and will address it.
We will win nothing until Tav and others of a similar vintage are cycled out of the team. we need to start phasing Tav, Goodson, Borna, Lumdstram, Kamara out from here on in.

This is not a bad thing, it’s how elite teams operate.
Absolutely spot on.

I used the word based on my opinion of his decline this season and going forward, not what he had brought before. So yes I can be a big fan but can also see the change and how that could impact us as a team going forward of we don’t address the position to give a challenge and successor.
This season.He's contributed to 20 goals in 43 games this season mate and I can't think of many goals that I would hold him solely responsible for.
However if you feel the word subjected to is appropriate then what can I say.Ill stand by my statement it sounds contemptuous of him.

This season.He's contributed to 20 goals in 43 games this season mate and I can't think of many goals that I would hold him solely responsible for.
However if you feel the word subjected to is appropriate then what can I say.Ill stand by my statement it sounds contemptuous of him.
His overall performances have dipped to the point everyone thought he must’ve playing with an injury, which has never been confirmed.

He has been at fault for several goals alongside his back 4 colleagues, his delivery has declined and could argue that his numbers could and should be better, so again I take your point but I personally don’t think he’s been that great this season at all domestically or in Europe.

Subjected to

I’m a big fan

Lol

It’s a pretty meaningless metric as his penalties will inflate his ratings. That’s not me saying Tav has been awful but he’s not been our best this season.
Its absolutely not a meaningless metric.Penalties are not gifts they have to be scored and its not every player that's skilled in taking them.I suspect that many would rather not.

‘Should improve his numbers’ after those stats shows how much he’s a victim of his own success here.

The word Elite is relative, i realize you are not comparing us to the teams listed but in this context. my use of the word elite is a team that is expected to win every game in the Scottish game. A 2 horse race.

Thses players have consistently failed when it matters, it’s a shame just the way it is.
‘I watched our 9iar team struggle through games week after week but they always won when it mattered,

This team can play the way they did on Wednesday but ask them to do that when everything is on the line and they simply can’t. How many more seasons do we need to accept that?

Players like Tav should have been phased out and replaced at least 1 season ago.

Your final point is definitely true in the past but that has now changed,
I think we have the makings of a very exciting team but again, I don’t believe we are capable of winning a league as long as we rely on the same senior players. If you can remember go back to the first game this season and work forward,

I’ll guarantee at least 90% of the goals we conceded were out and out cluster %^*& mistakes by any number of our midfield, back 4 and GK,
The thing is though. If tav had been in celtics team this season or last would they have lost the league? For me, I think they would have improved by quite a lot. He's not the reason we aren't winning the league. He has cost us a couple of goals but in my opinion a lot of the goals we lose is because our centre backs don't clear crosses that come in to their positions or even midfielders losing their men.

Everyone talks about how he doesn't cut out crosses but to be fair he stops a lot of them before they get there and the ones he doesn't shouldn't automatically be leading to goals. No right or left back anywhere is keeping people from crossing in for the whole game. I think goldson has been more culpable for goals lost and certainly his partners at centre back have. I would say the biggest downturn in his form this season has been his attacking ability and gio played a massive part in that. He ruined both tav and barasic and it is no surprise that they have improved massively since Beale has come in.

Really hope Tav stays with us until he retires. Makes mistakes and isn't perfect but a legend of Rangers. Love our Captain.
Realistically we are limited to a certain calibre of player who plays most of there career in Scotland and he's right at the top of them players. Anyone who has potential whether they are Scottish or foreign move on.

He'll be sorely missed when he is gone

Like a lot of other players, Tav hasn't had the best season. He's very much been part of the collective hangover from last years euro dream. Next season I fully expect him to pick up again.

Even during a down season he offers a lot and he'll probably pass the 100 goals mark before the end of the season. I wonder how many full backs have ever scored 100 goals for a top division side? There can't be many. His overall contribution has been incredible and last season was the best European campaign I've ever seen a Rangers player having. Those goals and celebrations are iconic for me.

Sure we need to start thinking longer term, but IMO Tav has at least another two years at Rangers.

Do you think Tav deserves to be in the HoF ahead of David Robertson for example?

I think Tav deserves to be there on his own merit. If anyone wants to campaign for Robertson then fair dos.

Paterson is /was better than him hence the bid

At no point during his time at Rangers was Patterson a better player than Tav. If he was, he would've played. Comparing the two in terms of bids is silly as well. Patterson is a much younger player with a bright future, of course he'd attract a higher bid. Man Utd paid more for Antony than they did for Ronaldo, doesn't make him a better player.

They would not walk into the bheast team.

You don't think Goldson and Tav are better than Starfelt and Johnston, really? :D

Have a guess
Nothing?

Because that's what it means. Absolutely nothing. If Patterson was better than Tav, he would have played.

Tav & his family has made it absolutely clear he has no intention of leaving Rangers, why would anyone put in a bid when they know the player doesn't want to move?

Patterson was also younger with future potential for resale & potential skill.

Last edited:
Like a lot of other players, Tav hasn't had the best season. He's very much been part of the collective hangover from last years euro dream. Next season I fully expect him to pick up again.

Even during a down season he offers a lot and he'll probably pass the 100 goals mark before the end of the season. I wonder how many full backs have ever scored 100 goals for a top division side? There can't be many. His overall contribution has been incredible and last season was the best European campaign I've ever seen a Rangers player having. Those goals and celebrations are iconic for me.

Sure we need to start thinking longer term, but IMO Tav has at least another two years at Rangers.
I beg to differ I think he is past his best days and he will play on of course with a lot of misplaced passes which we are used to but he will score important penalties and still do well going forward we've come to expect what we get from him,some fans love and some can't stand him.

Back