Tav injured or off form ?

It’s worth noting he’s not the only one that’s lost the superb fitness we once had they all look slower heavier and generally unfit as footballers

All the shit we howled at Lennon. For a few years ago

Last edited:
Just doesn't seem to want to go forward anymore. Not sure if that's down to him or instructions from the manager but he's a shadow of the player he was last season.

He looked fine on Saturday against Hearts.

Fact is last night he had nothing in front of him to hit and never had a chance to get forward, our midfield at times seemed to stand behind Liverpool players instead of going wanting the ball

Tav was injured, took injections and played through it. May still be injured, I doubt we will ever know.
Last night we were pushed back from almost the first whistle, not sure what people are expecting from the likes of Tav or Borna who's main attributes are attacking when I think the team managed maybe a handful of attacks in the entire 90 minutes.

We set up defensively, we played defensively for 80 minutes.
Not really sure there's a thread warranted about this.

If it us true then it's ridiculous if he's been playing with pain killing injections etc. It'll end up with him being chronically injured.

Every player should have a dependable back up.

Tav was injured, took injections and played through it. May still be injured, I doubt we will ever know.
Last night we were pushed back from almost the first whistle, not sure what people are expecting from the likes of Tav or Borna who's main attributes are attacking when I think the team managed maybe a handful of attacks in the entire 90 minutes.

We set up defensively, we played defensively for 80 minutes.
Not really sure there's a thread warranted about this.

Exactly.

"Okay, guys. That fluid front three system that has destroyed teams all over Europe for years now and those rampaging full backs?
Ignore them and bomb forward "

He in on the downward spiral now having had his peak years.
I think this is the case, domestically also not the same (edit just seen he’s carrying an injury)

Im convinced theirs something not right in the dressing room either just a hunch

Gonna be a long season

January window key

Definitely something not right with him, look back to his last season and his exploits in Europe, it’s a million miles removed this season, he looks like a decent SPFL full back, nothing more.

Rest him at weekend.

He is a decent footballer but a tremendous athlete.
This season he is not looking like a tremendous athlete and the decent footballer has become very ordinary.
If Paterson was still here, he would have replaced him, all things being equal.

If he is carrying an injury then it is a fckn disgrace.
He is 100% carrying an injury but we don’t have a replacement we sold him back to Poland.

He had Tillman in front of him which is akin to a traffic cone.

At least Sakala will run and has pace, Gio is hanging a lot of these players out to dry with his baffling decisions. Tillman only plays centre and does not have the pace to play there nor support Tav.

Also Davis playing in the midfield, jeezo. I think he was even had a riddy being there.

How do you know this?
The way Tav is moving / playing.
Even when he was off form before he was still getting into positions and trying things but he's a shadow of himself right now. Games are pasing him by.
Also Gio admitted a month or so ago that he was playing with an injury but he only took him out for 1 game.

BTW, I'm not making an excuse for him. He shouldn't be playing...simple as.

Watch his effort at getting back to help King before the penalty tackle, jogging along.

Maybe it is the managers tactics. He is certainly not making late runs to the back post or going past the winger as often this season.

Although that could be injury related as well. If he is carrying an injury, then he should be rested at the weekend. I don't think he will be.

I wouldn’t say anyone has necessarily been on form at all so far this season. One could argue Colak possibly.

Why does there have to be an excuse for him playing shite? Where's the suggestion that the likes of Tillman, Kent, Borna et al are injured?

Tav - much like the rest of our team last night (McGregor aside) - was playing at level last night well beyond his abilities. The opposition were too quick, too strong and too athletic for him for the most part. There's no shame in that, nor is there any shame in admitting it.

That's because he had absolutely no options tonight. Midfield was non existent. We looked so nervous on the ball, no composure at all.
This is why Kent's form has dropped off a cliff he needs players around him to help create space. Tillman running beside him last night at one point was more a hindrance than help. We desperately need players with experience to help our better players. Best example was Goldson looking more comfortable with Davies next to him.

Once again makes the decision to let Zukowski go enormously baffling.
Why? If he was here and Tav broke his leg Zukowski still wouldn't be getting a game because he was terrible and not rated.

The issue is not having a capable alternative but Zukowski being loaned out with a view to punting is certainly not a mistake.

For all the Tav haters clearly he's not been himself, he's no doubt recovering from injury but the guy never gives up he is not our problem!

Fair enough but I strongly disagree. When we played Dortmund last year, they had already been given a paddling by Ajax and papped out if the UCL. Then they lost Halland. It was still an achievement to beat them though but it's another level competing with the UCL runners up away from home, Ajax - the paddlers of Dortmund- away from home and the team on top of Serie A - with ten men.

And we have had ro do all that without Bassey and Aribo, players good enough for Ajax and the EPL.

Bruges may be getting a few good results, but their group is nowhere near as tough as ours and there is usually an exception that proves the rule.
This is the best explanation so far.
Add in that our manager is probably not what we require and we are where we are.

His greatest asset is his athleticism, that's been missing for a while.

I don't think he is 100% fit, and it's affecting his over all game.

what’s going on with him this season? is he injured? looks miles off it . Him and tillman were rank rotten on the right hand side tonight.
He was great at uploading pre season videos of him and his brother in Dubai doing private training, before we officially returned for pre season. Yet despite this he doesn’t seem as fit as he was last season. He must be carrying a knock.

Our entire squad, including at RB, needs to be overhauled. There’s no freshness about it.

It might help if he stayed in position. He was all over the place last night. All too often another defender has to cover his position while he slowly jogs back

Looks like a combination of both, but with no serious cover in that position we'll need to hope he plays his way out of it and regains his fitness during the World Cup break. Devine whilst being relatively promising is nowehere near the level Patterson was when breaking through.

We seem to have a core of players who are un droppable, regardless of form or fitness.
A terrible situation for us to be in.

I know this won't be popular but maybe we have improved to a level that is now out with his ability. Tavernier has proved himself a Rangers legend, but he is now finding it hard to play at a level where we need to win every game. He has been fundamental in helping us reach a level where we can compete, but we are now at a level where we must win. 2nd place is no longer acceptable and Tav hasn't the ability to play in such a team.

Grow up FFS do you not remember clelland or Craig Moore at right back FFS!
Yes i remember them, what has that got to do with how poorly Tav has been playing recently ? His form has dipped dramatically recently and he was giving the ball away constantly last night. Hopefully just a niggly injury that he is carrying but again crazy that we dont a suitable replacement to fill in and allow Tav a wee rest, Divine looks far too raw.

He was great at uploading pre season videos of him and his brother in Dubai doing private training, before we officially returned for pre season. Yet despite this he doesn’t seem as fit as he was last season. He must be carrying a knock.

Our entire squad, including at RB, needs to be overhauled. There’s no freshness about it.

It's weird because I think Ryan Jack was doing the same training. Both of them look a lot more sluggish this season.

For all the Tav haters clearly he's not been himself, he's no doubt recovering from injury but the guy never gives up he is not our problem!
Grow up FFS do you not remember clelland or Craig Moore at right back FFS!

I don’t understand folk getting so upset when their favourite is getting a bit of stick for being poor, last night he was like a lost soul on a football park, he’s been poor most of this season

I’d like to think he is carrying an injury because if he’s not then it’s hugely concerning for going forward, he actually epitomises this side, when he’s on it he’s excellent when he’s not he’s pretty dreadful

The whole team look unfit compared to previous seasons. Looks like it’s down to pre season training methods being different. Team looks a yard short of pace all over the pitch. We should use World Cup break to focus on increased fitness. Wether we will or not is a decision for the management team.

I think he overtrained in the off-season, He went to Dubai and did a tough training regime then came back and did pre-season training.
I dont know but it might be affecting him.

Nope, that's his form.

He and Borna are suffering from Gio's preferred system. Full backs sitting deeper, when the strength of both of their games is going forward.
Yes they are suffering from Gios system,asking them to defend is a joke simply because they can't and I have said that about Tav often and got slaughtered for it,look at him defending now

I think he overtrained in the off-season, He went to Dubai and did a tough training regime then came back and did pre-season training.
I dont know but it might be affecting him.
Please making excuses for a full back that can't defend is not helping things,I know we have no options available at the moment but we need two full backs that can actually do that job,fitness is only an excuse

He's definitely carrying an injury. He should be taken out of the team until he's 100% again
I think this also. If possible, our back line should be King, Goldson, Davies and Barisic at the moment. I have faith in King that he’ll be fine there. His development is happening very fast just now.

I would say a mixture of playing with a slight knock and the muscle mass he gained in the summer.

Posters were saying after Hearts that he looked back to his best though? Suddenly a poor game against one of the best teams in the world and its back to I wank dugs…

I think this also. If possible, our back line should be King, Goldson, Davies and Barisic at the moment. I have faith in King that he’ll be fine there. His development is happening very fast just now.
King would offer absolutely nothing going forward.
Decent defender but never a first teak pick at the moment.

If Tav is playing with an injury, I’d put King in there for the few games, he is solid enough and will cope, just until Tav back.

Problem is the players are all unfit and get exposed against top sides!

Quite a few have bulked up too much as well which doesnt help

what's wrong with having defenders, main job as defending instead of having midfielders like Jack and Lundstram having to take up that position.

Back