Tav injured or off form ?

Definitely think he’s carrying a small injury on top of a loss of form. He doesn’t look fit but then none of the team really do. Our fitness as a whole has went out the window.

He’s just not at the level defensively against top players. Always been his weakness and you can’t let players of Liverpool’s standards run away from you or they hurt you. His lack of leadership to pull the team to get tight as the goals flew in wasn’t good enough either. He’s a lead by example, when we needed an Ian Ferguson type telling players that getting humped isn’t acceptable at our club

He was shocking last night, even in first half where by all accounts, we played well.

He is our on field leader, especially when Goldson went off. But he displayed no leadership at all last night. He didnt even come out to media after it, sent Borna.

You don't have to be 'on form' to be an effective leader. Last night he showed that when chips are down, he'll hide.

This is honestly the worst patter on Follow Follow.

Do you think after the match in the dressing room Tav goes round and decides who's doing the post match interviews? Get a grip ffs.

Does anyone - even the fanboys who thought he should be capped ahead of England's plethora of top class right backs - honestly believe James Tavernier is a champions league calibre player?

He's clearly not. Thats just reality.

Fit or not that first Liverpool goal last night was ridiculous.

I don't think his domestic form has been that bad and hopefully he gets back to his best there.

This is honestly the worst patter on Follow Follow.

Do you think after the match in the dressing room Tav goes round and decides who's doing the post match interviews? Get a grip ffs.
Patter ? No it's reality. It's not done on a fucking rota lol

If its been a poor game, I fully expect the captain to take responsibility, no other words for it, responsibility.

Simple. Don't hide.

To put it another way, he couldn't go round complaining about others performances as he was worst on the pitch, so why can't he come out and apologise to the fans ?

Patter ? No it's reality. It's not done on a fucking rota lol

If its been a poor game, I fully expect the captain to take responsibility, no other words for it, responsibility.

Simple. Don't hide.

To put it another way, he couldn't go round complaining about others performances as he was worst on the pitch, so why can't he come out and apologise to the fans ?

You genuinely believe Tav was worse than Barisic or McGregor last night?

Does anyone - even the fanboys who thought he should be capped ahead of England's plethora of top class right backs - honestly believe James Tavernier is a champions league calibre player?

He's clearly not. Thats just reality.

Fit or not that first Liverpool goal last night was ridiculous.

I don't think his domestic form has been that bad and hopefully he gets back to his best there.

Do we have any Champions League calibre players?

You genuinely believe Tav was worse than Barisic or McGregor last night?

Do we have any Champions League calibre players?
Yes I do.

even when the team was competing, first half, he was the one making mistakes. Not one but two for the first goal. He seemed to hide when Goldson went off and left King isolated.

he is injured watch him when he comes back out after half time he looks stiff and uncomfortable and trys to loosen off.

Get him out the team and fit as doing neither him or the team any favours this situation

He was shocking last night, even in first half where by all accounts, we played well.

He is our on field leader, especially when Goldson went off. But he displayed no leadership at all last night. He didnt even come out to media after it, sent Borna.

You don't have to be 'on form' to be an effective leader. Last night he showed that when chips are down, he'll hide.
Imagine Gio sending Borna out who's been responsible for atleast 4 of the goals.

I agree he has not been at his best this season but he has played 15 games and has 3 goals and 4 assists.

At some point we will have to accept he won't get 20 goals and 20 assists every season.
He is at his level against poor Scottish teams ,that's why no decent English clubs have made a move for him,he has cost us games against decent teams with his wayward passing and lack of concentration on the field,for some reason and one decent season he was made a cult like figure by people Christ knows why because defensively he is terrible a fact that other teams in our league know we'll and have taken advantage of over the years.

Doesn’t look as fit as the last couple of seasons but none of the players do. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was carrying an injury. See he was in Dubai for preseason working on fitness but he still doesn’t look fully fit.

Tavernier has been dreadful this season. He looks bereft of any confidence and is hiding not wanting the ball. A captain cannot hide.

He’s still making the schoolboy mistake of turning his back on the play when the opposition have a throw/free kick. That is awful for a professional.

There was one point in the second half from before a Liverpool throw he followed the player he was closest too and told Leon King to move to his right back position, amateur at best.

He hardly found a Rangers player with any passes and in general is miles off it.

Imagine Gio sending Borna out who's been responsible for atleast 4 of the goals.
So if Gio sent him why didn't Tav protect him and take the brunt ? As a leader would do.

I also think its naive to blame Borna for 4 of the goals, I agree he wasnt healthy at most of them but he was also horribly exposed. Kent never tracked Gomez for the second but when Kent went off it was 2 on 1 down that flank each time.

Take it back. He was selected for a piss test!!

Past his peak and was never good enough for this level anyway, no matter how hard some try and convince themselves otherwise.
Serious question @dt17 . Why are you so relentless in going after certain players who are off form or not playing well and yet so defensive over the likes of Tavernier and Sakala?

You were talking about Sakala being held to different standards yet you do the same and absolutely cannot being yourself to ever criticise Tavernier. He’s been absolutely garbage in these CL games and couldn’t have looked like less of a leader last night. In fact he’s been poor for the majority of the season in general. So is it really a stretch to say he doesn’t belong at this level and may be past his best? He was pathetic last night, so was McGregor and so was Kent, yet you’re more than willing to go after McGregor and Kent whilst laughing at any posts criticising JT.

I love Tav but he's been way below par this season.

I think there may be something in the amount of games he's played over the last 2/3 years.

Him & Goldson have been near enough ever presents during this time.

I don't think Gio's tactics suit him either, he's at his best when he's allowed to bomb forward.

Serious question @dt17 . Why are you so relentless in going after certain players who are off form or not playing well and yet so defensive over the likes of Tavernier and Sakala?

You were talking about Sakala being held to different standards yet you do the same and absolutely cannot being yourself to ever criticise Tavernier. He’s been absolutely garbage in these CL games and couldn’t have looked like less of a leader last night. In fact he’s been poor for the majority of the season in general. So is it really a stretch to say he doesn’t belong at this level and may be past his best? He was pathetic last night, so was McGregor and so was Kent, yet you’re more than willing to go after McGregor and Kent whilst laughing at any posts criticising JT.

I actually did criticise Tav last night and said that I've seen milk turning quicker than him this season...

He's been miles off his best this season, partly down to him playing a deeper role at full back but he also looks sluggish for some reason. No idea if he's still carrying an injury or what.

Can’t defend,and creates nothing when we play against good opposition.Becomes a turnover machine.
Not good enough :(

Back