Tav on Morelos

Morelos is a fúcking idiot. The anger I had at him just laughing after he got the red wound me up so much I now need to go on amazon and buy another firestick remote. I honestly don't think he gives 2 shits if we win the league or not, and no, I'm not saying today's result determines the league. He hasn't learnt in 5 years. He really seems to not get what it means to every single fan. It's going to be down to us beating them for us to win the league because their not dropping points and I don't care what anyone says, they know how to win domestically. Not Europe, domestically, and that's all that matters to me. And I know it was the refs fault today but Morelos laughing like its all a fùcking laugh makes me sick of him. How many times is he going to cost us points. I'm away to my bed before I get told too, by the super staunch mob.
He was laughing in disbelief that he got red carded. Plenty of people do that. Blame him for the foul but not for laughing at a bent ref

A mistake and a rarity over the last few years. I’m still unclear on the idea that he’s been faking it?
%^*& me mate - i give in.

Think about this.

Today…TODAY…he done the same bullshit he was doing 5 years ago and we’re talking about it again. Take all those learnings you think hes taken onboard over this time and explain how in 13 mins on a pitch he managed to screw all that into a ball and throw it into a bin.

If you think hes screwed the nut over the last 3 years of watching him play you have them specs on im talking about.

Think about this.

Today…TODAY…he done the same bullshit he was doing 5 years ago and we’re talking about it again. Take all those learnings you think hes taken onboard over this time and explain how in 13 mins on a pitch he managed to screw all that into a ball and throw it into a bin.

If you think hes screwed the nut over the last 3 years of watching him play you have them specs on im talking about.
Theirs no point in trying to explain. Some people just don't want to hear it mate.

Think about this.

Yeah give in, it’s best for all. He had a plethora of red cards in a relatively short space of time. He then went a few seasons without one, that’s a big difference, ergo he learned. It’s really simple, that doesn’t mean he won’t %^*& up or make the odd mistake, but seeing as it’s no longer a regular or occurrence then he has clearly taken criticism on board and evolved. The fact that this even needs to be explained is bizarre.

By the way, you still haven’t told us what you meant by “faking it” and how one goes about faking improved discipline.

Think about this.

The most worrying part about it is, he's just started getting game time and he's reverting back to his old ways!
The rest of the league will be watching today's game and will be going after him from here on out!

Can any of us say with all honesty, that we think that will be his last red card this year? I would love to but I fear it's wishful thinking on my part.

His last red was December 2019. Come on.
Did he not get two retrospective red cards in season 20/21?
I’m sure one was against Dundee United ( same game of Tavs free kick)and the other against hibs ( game Irvine Welsh was taking bout him getting chopped up)

I see Tav has given an RTV interview calling Morelos stupid for the red card.

While I agree Morelos was stupid I still don’t believe it merited a red and now all the red tops have jumped on it and are spinning it as the captain thinks it a red.

I think this just underlines how incredibly naive we are as a club in dealing with poor officiating in the public domain. Whether he thinks it’s a red or not or Morelos is an idiot or not that should not be aired in public. It’s completely taken the heat off Collum and probably won’t help any appeal.
Pressure on Collum should be for other decisions and not the Morelos one which looked correct, and unforgivably stupid at a time when we were already a man down.

Love the Buff but a total diddy today. Fine him a weeks wages without hesitation.

But... aye, that is just the man, the player he is.

He is a rascal, a bam. No argument from me, but he is our bam.

Was he a bellend today? oh yes, for sure. How many other days do we laud him? Think about it, Plenty!

I was not one bit happy with him today, would have booted his wee chocolate baws, but i will get over that.

I still love him. He is our very flawed talisman, i can't imagine who i would change him for. In today's market we won't get better.

Yeah give in, it’s best for all. He had a plethora of red cards in a relatively short space of time. He then went a few seasons without one, that’s a big difference, ergo he learned. It’s really simple, that doesn’t mean he won’t %^*& up or make the odd mistake, but seeing as it’s no longer a regular or occurrence then he has clearly taken criticism on board and evolved. The fact that this even needs to be explained is bizarre.

By the way, you still haven’t told us what you meant by “faking it” and how one goes about faking improved discipline.
Ok, so by your logic hes ‘learned’. Hes ‘learned’ the errors of his ways and knows not to repeat them again.

He was red carded today.

I say, hes been faking the idea of ‘learning’ what not to do i.e. dont petulantly flick out a leg or flail an arm out into someones face. I base this on 5 years of this ‘learning’.

So, over these 5 years of ‘learning’ how do you explain his actions today without conceding hes ‘learned’ %^*& ALL

While I agree Morelos was stupid I still don’t believe it merited a red and now all the red tops have jumped on it and are spinning it as the captain thinks it a red.

I think this just underlines how incredibly naive we are as a club in dealing with poor officiating in the public domain. Whether he thinks it’s a red or not or Morelos is an idiot or not that should not be aired in public. It’s completely taken the heat off Collum and probably won’t help any appeal.
Spot on. We actively give the press ammunition to cover up the referees inexplicable decisions.

A tad harsh on Buff, a Hibs player does that he gets a booking, was looking at the ball not the man, it's a contact sport after all.

Also put yourself in his shoes, your captain calls you out publicly are you signing a new contract?

The main point I was trying to make is, red card or not Tav’s interview has taken the heat off Collum.
So you want tav to come out and slaughter the ref and maybe himself be punished by the SFA?

He’s called Morelos out for being “stupid”. Everybody else knows JL decision was a shocker. Don’t need the captain to get himself into bother for highlighting it further In an interview.

A tad harsh on Buff, a Hibs player does that he gets a booking, was looking at the ball not the man, it's a contact sport after all.

Also put yourself in his shoes, your captain calls you out publicly are you signing a new contract?
Harsh? Are people mental? You can’t do that In this era of football!

The fact he’s done that when all ready down to 10 men and taken that risk is even worse.

Ok, so by your logic hes ‘learned’. Hes ‘learned’ the errors of his ways and knows not to repeat them again.

He was red carded today.

I say, hes been faking the idea of ‘learning’ what not to do i.e. dont petulantly flick out a leg or flail an arm out into someones face. I base this on 5 years of this ‘learning’.

So, over these 5 years of ‘learning’ how do you explain his actions today without conceding hes ‘learned’ %^*& ALL
He can make mistakes, that doesn’t mean he’s not learned. A defender can learn from being caught out by a ball in behind and reduce the number of times it happens, it doesn’t mean he’ll never be caught again though.

Writing of 3 years of improved discipline is a pile of shite.

He’s right. You just can’t throw your arm back and expect anything else.

He's probably sick of Morelos putting the rest of the team in the shit due to being an immature wee guy.

He makes Diego Costa look well behaved!

You can only defend a player so much but how much more time are we supposed to give him?

He can make mistakes, that doesn’t mean he’s not learned. A defender can learn from being caught out by a ball in behind and reduce the number of times it happens, it doesn’t mean he’ll never be caught again though.

Writing of 3 years of improved discipline is a pile of shite.
Mate, you sound like an abused partner. Stop making excuses for the guy; he honestly doesn’t deserve it.

Stupid comment never call your team mates out publicly btw Tav you didn’t cover yourself in glory at the first goal point being everyone makes mistakes

Mate, you sound like an abused partner. Stop making excuses for the guy; he honestly doesn’t deserve it.
Why? Because I’m applying common sense and logic that says the last 3 years have shown a marked improvement, albeit you want to write it all off based on 13 minutes today. You’ve posted some weird shit about him faking improved discipline so I really don’t get it.

How anyone thinks that wasn’t a red beggars belief and clearly doesn’t know the rules. You can’t go around smacking opponents in the face whether in front or behind you. What’s not to understand about that?
I don’t mind admitting I got it wrong in the match thread . I sen it as a forward jumping for the ball and his arm catching the player . The replay showed it as two separate movements,

Personally, I wouldn't appeal Morelos's card, even though I believe it was harsh.
It just weakens the powerful case we have over Lundstram's card and would appear we will appeal everything.
We are not the Filth!

Mate we are not the filth , but let’s be honest when was the last time , they had to appeal a red card in the league .

Morelos only cares about Morelos. Always been the same.

Even last week when Matondo rounded the keeper and cut it back for Arfield, Morelos barely celebrated because it wasn't him who got the goal.
Some players react professionally when another player takes their place and fight back and regain their place, not Morelos he stamps his feet and laughs as he's being sent off like a clown.

He was laughing in disbelief that he got red carded. Plenty of people do that. Blame him for the foul but not for laughing at a bent ref
Whenever I see a player sent off in game I instantly think, that fucker would be cleaning the bogs and not a kick a ball again for 4 weeks if he was in my team. If a player was laughing then that would be out the door

But apparently money and player value is worth more these days… just think

Loose the league by 1 point

Why? Because I’m applying common sense and logic that says the last 3 years have shown a marked improvement, albeit you want to write it all off based on 13 minutes today. You’ve posted some weird shit about him faking improved discipline so I really don’t get it.
Ok mate.

Can’t be bothered looking but did someone actually say they’d appeal Morelos sending off?

Appeal big bad johns 100% cause wasn’t bad.

Rest of yis who think Morelos isn’t a sending off deserve a weeks punishment.

I don't know how anyone can defend Morelos. He was an absolute clown swinging his arm back like that. Clearly a deliberate action, it was a red card all day long.

He was supposed to be back fit September according to a few of the fan media, yet due to him putting the work in he’s back earlier. How’s that being not interested?
Gaining the weight he has, is a choice.

Being injured on one leg is no excuse for coming back in that shape.

People seem to forget this
Aw f*ck forgot he’s no had a red card since 2019. Makes it so much easier to accept he got one in 2022 while we where already playing with 10 men.

Thanks chilebear you’ve made them 2 points dropped so much easier bringing that stat up!!!

We are/were never winning an appeal for the Morelos red. Tav is correct, Morelos was stupid. On less than 15 minutes and he has a swinging leg at a defender, an argument with Collum and two swings of his arm and a wee flick of the leg again at the red card. It was Alfie in full-on self-destruct mode because he’s got the hump at not playing.

Club should probably fine him.
VB I normally think you are spot on in your posts but I disagree completely that this is about not playing. Why would he react like that? I believe this was down to the Lundstram red card. He saw what happened and for some reason tried to chase a reaction, he was stupid but I think it’s unfair to say it was down to him being annoyed at not playing

3 years without a red card says otherwise, to be fair.
Aw f*ck forgot he’s no had a red card since 2019. Makes it so much easier to accept he got one in 2022 while we where already playing with 10 men.

Thanks chilebear you’ve made them 2 points dropped so much easier bringing that stat up!!!
Is he solely to blame for an inept team and ref performance today ?

Is he solely to blame for an inept team and ref performance today ?
Not solely to blame but should have been wise enough to understand that the team are a player down already.

Fair assumptions so far @chilebear ?

Therefore you don’t throw your hand round aggressively in to an opponents face, then giving the ref the opportunity to send you off!!.

I might take a ban here, but @chilebear do you go to games? Are you allowed out the house and are you allowed to watch away games from the comfort of your own home?.

You’re clueless and stop posting!

Goodday,

Sincerely
Davie55

Not solely to blame but should have been wise enough to understand that the team are a player down already.

Fair assumptions so far @chilebear ?

Therefore you don’t throw your hand round aggressively in to an opponents face, then giving the ref the opportunity to send you off!!.

I might take a ban here, but @chilebear do you go to games? Are you allowed out the house and are you allowed to watch away games from the comfort of your own home?.

You’re clueless and stop posting!

Goodday,

Sincerely
Davie55
:)) :)) :))
I hope you don't get a ban, You're comical

I think this just underlines how incredibly naive we are as a club in dealing with poor officiating in the public domain. Whether he thinks it’s a red or not or Morelos is an idiot or not that should not be aired in public. It’s completely taken the heat off Collum and probably won’t help any

You know, we won’t address our weaknesses until we accept we have them. What is costing us league points, this season and last, is our formation and style of play. Our really slow build ups, our missed chances, an overly-defensive midfield and a flakey defence. As long as we ignore our own problems and blame them on others, we won’t get better. At least we were playing well in Europe last season. This season remains to be seen but we haven’t started very well and we have no Scottish refs and VAR.

IIRC this is the first time our captain has called out Morelos on his discipline?

Is this the rest of the team now feeling let down by Alfie and sick of his antics?

Back